Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 98

Old 06-05-2020, 11:02 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful for you always, RZ.
Grateful for a visit to a lovely park this morning (Taughannock Falls). Nice to be around so many pretty spots.
Grateful to have SR to turn to for reassurance & understanding.
Grateful it is June & not February.
Grateful all my new flowers are still alive.
Grateful for this lovely group.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Grateful for our family here
NCJ, I hope your husband ‘s back is better
least, so glad you got to the IRS
Hev, wonderful to get new furniture
Mags, yay about self administration of the injections! I had to give myself injections all during pregnancy and was terrified at first but got used to it and it actually empowered me
FBL, 4000 days! AWESOME!
Rusty, glad the treatment went well. You rock!
PS, congrats on your son getting into the program. How’d you manage that with COVID?! Good for you!
NL, as always love the stories about your kids. Your daughter is such a love.

Grateful to hear from Aly. She is recovering from an illness and being hospitalized. She is weak but sounds her cheerful self through pm. Please keep her in your prayers
Grateful/not grateful Mr F got laid off after 30+ years of loyalty. Grateful he’s doing better today with the shock of it all. Grateful he was close to retirement anyway and has a severance. Grateful for hope that he will find a more enjoyable job to tide us over until the stock market recovers
Grateful that while things are slow at work for me too, feeling more secure at least a little in my position. Grateful for transferable skills and lots of contacts in case
Grateful to have options concerning my Dads mortgage/house
Grateful for my Dads second BFF who mowed the lawn
Grateful my Dad will be in a rehab facility next weekend and I will be going for a short visit
Grateful for the beautiful bouquet of flowers my work team sent me to show their support
Grateful for protestors. Not the violent ones, but peaceful protesting feels absolutely necessary with incidents of inequality and racism coming out of the woodworks
Grateful for everyone here and the reliability of this thread
Old 06-05-2020, 12:04 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

So grateful for all of you and your kindness with all of your prayers and good wishes. I am humbled. Thank you for the PMs and messages from my friends and keeping in touch. I am truly touched.(maybe in more ways than one )
I think I overdid it when I first came home and have been sleeping all week. I am still very weak and tire easily. I need to go back and catch up on all the posts, but as Mags said, baby steps and slowly. T.Y. too. Grateful my mom is being patient and kind and is here with me.
Thank you, Fearless. Prayers for you and your family.
Grateful to hear Rusty is ok today.
Grateful for my big nurse dog, Luke.
I'm just taking it ODAAT.
So very grateful for my family here. All my love to each and every one of you.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:50 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to see Aly posting. Love you sweetheart, so good to see you here. Big hugs for Luke too, being a great nurse and giving you plenty of hugs and love.
Grateful for the love, strength and resilience among all the Grat Pack.
Grateful for electricity and gas, without which I wouldn’t have a hot cuppa and be warm in my home.
Grateful for a walk yesterday when the sun shone between the rain. Always love the smell of the air after a downpour.
Grateful for all of you. xx
Old 06-06-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for some cooler, less humid air this weekend.

Grateful that my drinking dream last night was only a dream.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Grateful that FBL's dream was just that. I had a not so nice one as well...nice to wake up and get back to reality. It is going to be a great day.

Grateful for the grat pack. What a wonderful group.

Grateful to be optimistic.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Aly is back from hospital and recuperating!! ok that’s probably not the best smiley but i am a novice smiley user.
Also grateful to see Anaya!
Grateful for all your kind words about my daughter. But don’t give me too much credit. This place just isn’t the spot for writing about when she calls me an ice queen witch, or a rat, or i don’t care about her, or she hates me...My son says he hates me less frequently but he does come and yell at me that our WiFi stinks pretty much every day. Like I, a 45 year old attorney with pretty much zero technical skills, can somehow control the strength of the WiFi signal. Would that it were so! I mean at least now I can pause the WiFi which continues to feel like a superpower. Like I want to do it and then throw my head back and cackle like an evil sorceress. maybe I should try that. Okay i digress.
Grateful to have gotten through a significant milestone at work. Not without strain with pretty nearly every person who was working on it, but we got there. Wish it was the end of this thing and not the beginning, but alas.
Grateful that I did not work last night once I got through this thing. We tried to have family movie night and watch Forrest Gump but one kid (son) didn’t want to do it anymore and one kid (daughter) got so into that she labeled all our furniture as different rows of seating, wrote out tickets for each person, arranged the snacks. And then lost her freaking mind when I was the only one who was ready to play along. Ahh my children of extremes.
Grateful that when movie night didn’t work out and I got tired of watching ridiculous stuff on youtube with my daughter (if you don’t know who Brent or Lexie Rivera or Ben Azleart or Sophie Dossi are ...just ... add that to your grats ) I just came upstairs and watched a movie I had rented but my daughter didn’t want to watch. It felt so luxurious to just do something I wanted with my time like that. Something. Recreational. It was a cute movie too (Decoy Bride).
Grateful for Palmer Sage reminding me of movie “Do the Right Thing”. Gotta watch it soon!
Grateful friends are coming over tonight for socially distant dinner outside. Going to be hot but nice to have company.
Grateful I’m supposed to get a haircut and dental cleaning next week. Okay maybe not the dental cleaning. But it’s nice to have a gradual return to some of these activities (carefully).
Grateful for all of you.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Grateful for the liquid sunshine for today....
Grateful for SR...
Grateful for the St. Francis Prayer....
Grateful for the very early morning walk along the beach with God... always tempted to look back at my own footprints ..but God didn't want me to do that..
Grateful I have a God that keeps my head above ground and facing forward...
Old 06-06-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee!
Grateful for sleeping in on a Saturday (a major upside of the teen parenting years!)
Grateful that I'm connecting so closely with my friends these days, even if only over text.
Grateful for the home projects we're getting done lately...little by little.
Grateful that my family is healthy and financially stable.
Grateful to have a bit more energy and focus lately, thanks to better eating habits (no weight loss though, boooo!)
Grateful for my sweet stalker dogs waiting for me outside the bedroom door.
Grateful to have a little more time to stay on top of my kids' school life, even if distance learning just sucks.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone here on SR.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:45 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Grateful for a sober Saturday.
Grateful for the rain, the gardens need it badly and it saves me from getting the hose out.
Grateful for warm clothes, it's cold today.
Grateful to get my grocery shopping done, no queue's either, and it's all put away.
Grateful for a good cup of coffee.
Grateful the little dolls house dollies came that I ordered for my step great g.daughter's dolls house.
Grateful that myself and my family are well.
Grateful for my laptop.
Grateful Hevyn had a lovely visit to a park.
Grateful to read Fearless's post and grateful for her caring nature.
Grateful that Aly has posted, I missed you so much.
Grateful for my kind friend Mags.
Grateful that FBL's dream was no more than that.
Grateful to see Anaya posting here.
Grateful to read Numblady's delightful stories about her children, I love the bit about the WIFI, lol, too funny
Grateful to read about Sunpengwn's walks on the beach.
Grateful for Palmersage that she got a sleep in.
Grateful for all of you and for this thread. xx

Old 06-06-2020, 09:34 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Aly at the grat thread! Continued prayers and good vibes my love!
Thank you, Daisy
Numblady, we loved watching Forest Gump as a family! Me too about the wifi and tech. Fortunately Mr F has this part under control
Glad it was just a Dream FBL
Grateful despite the lay off, we are financially stable
Grateful for my health and the health of my family
Grateful for another year!
Grateful Mr F made me my favorite breakfast.
Grateful to be visiting my 3 oldest friends today
Grateful my little cat Daisy is so cutely sleeping in my beach tote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:24 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - It's wonderful to see you posting. I'm glad you're being kind & patient with yourself as you heal.
Fearless - I think your attitude about the layoff is great - I can imagine how odd if must feel after 30 yrs. of devotion.
Good to know your dad will be in a new place & you can visit.
Numb - You had your own private movie night - I love to do that.
Grateful I put a stop to my own negativity this morning.
Grateful I haven't put the news on yet today - will get informed later, but needed a break.
Grateful for MrHev's good cheer.
Grateful I'm not on my 3rd drink of the day with many more to come.
Grateful for all the hopes and dreams that can still be fulfilled.

Old 06-06-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a long walk with Billie this morning. Grateful to wake up sober. Grateful that I don't drink anymore. I can't imagine coping with the pandemic if I was still drinking.

Grateful for my grat family.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:51 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
p***enger

It's wonderful to see you posting again, Aly! Baby steps, take good care.

Grateful that Aly's on the mend.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

grateful to see our aly back!
Old 06-06-2020, 09:54 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful I don’t drink and like Least said, especially through this pandemic. I’d be a mess and drinking more than ever.
Grateful for all of you to share your chuckles and woes and highlights.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:23 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie's steadfast loving companionship. She keeps me sane and content.

Grateful that I don't drink anymore. That really is a blessing.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober today and everyday, if I was drinking through the panademic half the time I'd be hysterical and the other half I'd be crashed out and not have a clue where we were up to with it. I don't miss those days one bit.
Grateful I slept last night, for the most part.
Grateful that I am the only one up in the house at the moment, it won't last long, but this is my favourite part of the day.
Grateful that the wind has dropped, though it is very grey out there and looks like it's going to lash it down any minute.
Grateful that I and my family are all well.
Grateful that my little cat is curled up asleep.
Numblady, I forgot to say that we all love Forest Gump too, my g.son makes me laugh though because if we are running ( a quick walk in my case) I am always wayyyyy behind, and he is always wayyyy ahead and gets to where we're going first, he then stands there shouting 'run, Forest, run,' until I reach him.
Grateful for all of us.

Morning Aly, I hope you're having a good day. Take good care of yourself sweetheart.

xxx
Old 06-07-2020, 03:53 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to see Aly back posting again.

Grateful for my extended nature walks lately.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee!
Grateful that I finally completed a house project that's been hanging over my head; not sure how I feel about the results though.
Grateful that the sun is shining yet again.
Grateful that I made some progress on organizing my older son's room yesterday.
Grateful that there are still some options for summer activities to keep the kids occupied.
Grateful for my favorite podcast.
Grateful to be sober, and for SR.