Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 85

Old 01-08-2020, 09:28 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Daisy, I’m so glad your laptop is ok now. Thank you Mr DB! Also, how great you started the dental work and got a little shopping in by yourself too
Aly, I miss you and am thinking about you. Really hoping you are getting some rest and feel better soon
Grateful I took my sonny boy to karate tonight too and also had a hot bath
Grateful sonny boy told me today that on a scale of 1-10, I am an 11 on mom performance. He wasn’t even asking for anything
Grateful my boss has given me approval to do my job from TX when I need to go. Planning to see my Dad every couple months. It may be every three. Not sure yet and need to work out logistics. Will just do what I can
Grateful that I am going with the flow more when it comes to all sorts of things in life
Grateful sonny boy is learning Waltz in E Minor on guitar. It’s so pretty
Grateful for all the little things
Grateful for my sobriety
Old 01-08-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the firefighters. Praying for Australia
Old 01-09-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Darn dryer stopped working again but hey I gotta be grateful for the home we have and just roll with the punches, my laptop is the next repair, it's eating my work spreadsheets now

Grateful for the new restaurant we tried out last night, Chinese-Mexican was delicious!
Old 01-09-2020, 11:39 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Daisy, what your gson said was so precious. Must have made your day! Kids are so cute and funny sometimes. I love them.
Grateful I'm getting a little better. I went to the store to pick up some prescriptions and that is about it. I'm exhausted and probably done except for Luke's walk in the rain and cold. I hope it's a short one. He doesn't seem to like rain either. I love rain in that we need it but it does make doing certain things difficult. I had to cancel a class that I've been waiting months for and I'm not going in Friday, I know I won't be better by then..
Astro, love the prevailing wisdom in your house. Go with the flow. For me that's the pause I need to take before almost anything comes out of my mouth! Really, do we ever have control over much of anything except what comes out of our mouths? Sometimes I'm not so sure I even have control over that. Luckily I almost never lose my temper or yell. Just not my thing.
Fearless, miss you too. Hopefully soon I'll be back posting. Wanted to check in with my sober sistahs and bros. Grateful for every single one of you. ♥
Old 01-09-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Grateful for the kindness of you all on here.
grateful to live in a safe country
grateful for friends and family
Grateful to gave enjoyed meal out without alcohol
Grateful to be tucked up in bed
Old 01-09-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

My laptop wasn't fixed as we thought, it had 3 virus, 2 were removed but 1 wouldn't shift. Mr D.B had to download some software and it does now, fingers crossed, seem to be ok. It took hours and hours.

Grateful to be sober again tonight.
Grateful to be getting back into the swing of school runs etc.
Grateful to have made packed lunches for tomorrow and laid uniform out.
Grateful to my voluntary classroom assistant this morning and listen to the slower readers, it's so rewarding to watch them grow in confidence.
Grateful for a quiet evening.
Grateful for a lovely relaxing bath.
Grateful Fearless's boss has given her the okay to work from TX when the need arises You are lucky to have such and understanding boss Fearless.
Grateful for the firefighter's also and my prayers are with Australia.
Grateful my lovely Aly ((( ))) has posted. Please feel better very soon, I'm worried about you. I am trying to practise the pause too, easier said than done at times. x
Grateful to be here with you all. Thank you for your support. xx
Old 01-09-2020, 06:27 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a long walk today with Billie.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:40 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Aly, glad you are getting prescriptions. Thinking of you getting well soon, sista!
Daisy and Astro, I’m sorry to hear about your laptops and the dryer too, Astro.
Daisy, I do have such a supportive boss and great job! I feel very lucky. I made my trip reservation today for end of Feb
Grateful for a beautiful sunshiney day despite it being very cold
Grateful for a beautiful full moon rise in the middle of a pink sky. It made me so happy to see
Grateful to receive landscapers bill for the pipe fixes. Actually, not really grateful for the bill but grateful to finally know the cost so we can take care of it. Grateful there’s a bit of an offset since the landscapers crew accidentally broke our window from rock ejected from mower so we had to have that fixed.
Grateful that someday it is possible I might just give this big house to sonny boy and move to a smaller house, maybe even one of those tiny ones somewhere on the coast or in the mountains
Grateful to be getting a handle on my conflicting feelings, like feeling grateful for my life and how things are coming together (despite my Dad getting sicker), but guilty for feeling grateful because of others who have it worse. Reminds me how I felt when my son was younger and starting to turn a corner and feeling grateful for his progress but guilty because my friend with the severe autistic son has continued struggling with the situation worsening. There are other emotions too like I don’t have a right to feel any sad emotions perhaps because things are relatively falling into place, and my Dad, well he’s old so it’s to be expected. Then there’s also a little jealousy over folks who have enormous wealth and don’t have to worry about the cost of their parents care. It’s weird how conflicted I feel. I guess I need to accept all of these feelings as being ok at the same time and find a way to give back and help those who I can. It’s good I have another therapy appointment next week!
Grateful I have not wanted to numb myself by drinking or in any other unhealthy way
Grateful to be able to express my thoughts here without judgment
Grateful for each one of you!
Old 01-09-2020, 06:47 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Fearless, I tend to do the same thing. I was told not to cry, So I can hardly do so anymore. I still internalize, ya think?
Keeping you in my prayers, dear. Wishing you all the best the world has to offer!!! If you can, try to give yourself a minute to decompress when you get home. You may need it more than you know. Love and peace, darling one. xxxooo
Old 01-10-2020, 04:50 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Today I'm going to be in prayer that we are all healed from any illnesses attacking us right now, and that we find calm in our hearts and souls while the storm rages around us. Fearless, I can relate to much of what you shared and honestly I'm grateful that God tests us like this and strengthens us through challenges.

I'm grateful that life is not always easy even though we dream about how it could be, and I'm grateful for the experiences every one of you here share. Thank you for keeping me sober today
Old 01-10-2020, 05:24 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up to another sober Friday.
Grateful to deliver the 3 g.children safely to school.
Grateful to take my mum grocery shopping and then drop her in town.
Grateful to get my shopping put away and peg some washing out.
Grateful for a good cup of coffee.
Grateful my laptop seems better than ever and is working much faster, maybe those virus had been working their way round for a while.
Grateful the sun is shining, even though it is very cold.
Grateful for warm clothes and a warm house.
Grateful Mr D.B phoned me on the land line to let me know that he'd taken my mobile phone to work with him by mistake, I'd only searched the house for it.
Grateful I was able to drive to his work place and collect it.
Grateful Least and Billie had a long walk.
Grateful Fearless is getting a handle on her conflicting feelings, grateful that she is able to write her thoughts down, it's always good to get them down in black and white.
Grateful Aly is here, how are you feeling Aly? I hope you are on the mend.
Grateful for Astro's faith in God and for his prayers.
Grateful to have found you all. Thank you. xxx
Old 01-10-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your posts.
Grateful to have had a massage today
Grateful my earache has finally gone
Grateful for my husband
Grateful to have had a sober evening with friends
Old 01-10-2020, 02:05 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Grateful for Astro's prayer.
Grateful to be feeling a little better, very tired.
Grateful to be blessed.
Grateful to be a part of the Grat Pack!
Love and peace to anyone struggling or suffering tonight. Prayers too.
This reminds me of your kids who won't wear coats in the cold!
Old 01-10-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Oops, I just noticed that I posted my morning grats here today, sorry, silly me. I've copied and pasted it on the morning grats thread.

Grateful to be sober again tonight.
Grateful to be helping my step g.daughter again by having her 5 month old baby Ralphie overnight. This seems to be coming a regular occurrence, I will have to watch that I don't get overwhelmed by it all.
Grateful to have pre-prepared a couple of bottles, one for in the middle of the night, just in case and one for morning.
Grateful for a phone call from my daughter.
Grateful my little cat is in for the night.
Grateful RAL'S earache has gone.
Grateful Aly is feeling a little better. Love the little cartoon thingy.
Grateful to be here with you all. xx
Old 01-10-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with Billie's love.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Thank you for that post, Astro. I have thought about some of the tough experiences I’ve had in life and how they have all taught me so much and made me a stronger person. So I don’t know that I would change anything. Grateful that I’ve become wiser and can offer help to others going through the same kinds of things
Aly, I am glad you are feeling better. I hope you get back to getting all your energy back soon
Daisy, so impressed by all you do for your grandchildren. It is a lot. Though it all seems so challenging, it must be so rewarding watching them grow up and being so much a part of their lives
RAL, I’m glad your earache is gone and you got a massage. I need that! Maybe next week I’ll do it
Least, always glad you have Billie
Grateful I had a good work meeting
Grateful I had time to work out today
Grateful my arms are looking more tone from the regular use of the weights and tension bands or whatever they’re called
Grateful sonny boy has a friend staying the night and hanging out for the weekend. The parents are our friends with the autistic child and they are needing some help this weekend. I am grateful we can be there for them.
Grateful to watch Two Popes with Mr F tonight
Grateful for each of you
Old 01-10-2020, 08:50 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Old 01-10-2020, 08:53 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

I can post a picture now! Woot woot! It’s only taken me three years. Lol
Grateful for those who can explain technology so others can understand
Grateful for my boy Charlie
Old 01-11-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for drummers, the thunder gods of the musical world. RIP Neil Peart, I'm grateful for a lifetime of the music of Rush.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

I just saw he died too. RIP