Notices

Today I am grateful for..........

Old 01-02-2005, 06:48 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sounds like you had a good time. Good for you! I had fun at the dance we held, and did a lot of service work on top of it! I'm grateful to have another day sober under my belt.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

January 20,2005

Well,I didnt realize how long it had been since I visited my graditude journal.My ex-girlfriend the stalker reads all my posts here at SR and then prints them for her collection,so I kinda backed off on posting in this section.But,everyday I am still grateful for my recovery,my friends,and all God has given me.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Lets see... I'm grateful that:

1. I'm not a child growing up in Sudan, or coastal Somalia and all but forgotten by the charities of the world.

2. I'm not a forcibly mutilated, untouchable child in India... because children who are blind, disfigured, amputees make more money for the panhandler bosses. (YES it happens)

3. I'm not a 30 something in Mozambique or Swaziland and considered old, where the average life span is 37 years.

4. I'm not one of the 40million+ people with HIV if not full blown AIDS living in desperate poverty, with absolutly no hope of treatment.

5. I'm grateful that I'm overweight, that I'm gonna have to get a second job because I can't pay all of my bills, that theres a hospital where my friend who's dying of lung cancer can go, that taxes are due and that my money is not going to some despots larder. I'm grateful that I have a job that I can choose to hate.

Last edited by GG733; 01-25-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks GoldenGutters.I think when we look around at whats going on in the world, we all have plenty to be grateful for.I was coming home from a meeting one night,and was kinda on my pitty pot and feeling down.I looked over and noticed a blind guy standing at a bus stop with his cane and a reflecting light around his neck all alone in the dark.It was also kinda cold that night.I remeber thinking how this guy was in darkness 24/7 and was grateful for what I have.Suddenly my problems didnt seem so bad.To this day,I will never forget that night.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm greatful for Hamza El Din and his fabulous music that never ceases to inspire me...especially the album "Eclipse".

I'm especially greatful for Fredrick the Great of Prussia, who apparently never wrote any music, but signed his name to some of the best!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for having 9 months sober. I am working the steps with my sponsor and am growing in the program. Thank you God for showing me the way!!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Febuary 6

Today I am grateful for another day clean and sober,DVD's,microwave popcorn and snuggling up with someone special to watch a movie.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for my killer (boy, does that age me) friends in San Francisco who let me and my partner spend the weekend.

I'm grateful for Golden Gate Park, it's awsome botanical gardens, and it's endless trails that make you feel as if you're really in the forest and not in a big city.

I'm grateful that in was sunny and clear and in the 60's while we were there :tongue2: .
Old 02-23-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that it's 68, and gloriously sunny outside today!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

You know, this is going to sound a little "off", and jaded, but I am grateful for the cross-talk that went on at the two AA meetings last night that I attended, even though in the announcements before the meetings had started they said that there would/should be no cross-talk.

At first, I had this HUGE resentment towards both of the women who basically threw my share (which was a truly honest share--it may have sounded otherwise, but it was not meant to sound like a "recording"). And I HAD considered changing fellowships, but realized that was a form of "geographic change" that so many of us addicts do.

But all in all, the reason I am grateful that this indeed happened to me, is that it reinforced the idea that we are ALL only human. And NONE, absolutely none of us are perfect, except for the Creator. And He tells us that we should forgive and forget, just as we would like for others to forgive and forget some of the crap we do and have done.

So I am VERY grateful.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:49 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

March 26,2005

Wow,I havent been here in a couple months.I guess its easy to take things for granted.I just relized today is my wedding anniversary to my first wife.Lets see,this would have been 23 yrs? LOL thank God she is outta my life.Cant say I miss her.I actually have plenty to be grateful for today.I have a good job,I am clean,I have a new sponsor.I may still have a lotta wreck age to clean up from my past,but at least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.(even if it is a long,long tunnel) I am grateful.Thank you God
Old 03-26-2005, 01:41 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

I can relate Mike.I am grateful for the things(and people) that aren't in my life anymore.Happy Easter.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:08 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

I was watching a movie about 2 disabled people (paralysed neck down)

Today I am so grateful that I have my health - I am perfectly fit and healthy and I don't even have alcohol poisoning my body and mind anymore! I am so grateful that because I have my health (and now my sanity) I can be self sufficient.

I am thankful to God that both my husband and I, and all the people I love are healthy in body and can take care of themselves and live independently, and well.

I am so grateful to be alive and so blessed today.

Easter is such a special time, where we all got received the greatest sacrifice.

God bless you all

Cathy31
x
Old 03-27-2005, 11:55 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

March 28,2005

Today I am also greatful for my health,Pizza,my friends,my sponsor,my job,my house,and NetFlix.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:15 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

April 9,2005

Today I am grateful my lawn mower started right up after sitting all winter.I am also grateful for my new juicer. And most of all,I am grateful to be clean and sober another day.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:52 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Trista

today i am greatful for not waking up dope sick and now not going to bed having to worry about finding money for tomorrow. Im greatful that my children are safe and sleeping.

heart,
Trista
Old 04-09-2005, 09:57 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I am grateful for all my friends in recovery.I went to my home group tonight and we had a speaker.He was celebrating 21 years.He attended his first 12 step meeting in 1959 in the penitentary.The guy had a great story.Bottom line?Its all about how bad you want it and what your willing to do to get it.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:30 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

TODAY I am grateful for today. Being connected to God-- my Higher Power. My "Wonder-Woman" sponsor (hee, hee.....), the chance to go to (still) meetings and TRUE ACCEPTANCE (which is not ALWAYS there with each and every person in the room, BUT IT IS THERE!)..... Which keeps this Alcoholic/Crack Addict "coming back".....

AND, Last but in NO WAY THE LEAST, just one more day of Reprieve.

Man, THAT IS a lot.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I am grateful for:

The main thing I am grateful for today is that I did not throw away a years' worth of recovery last night as I was getting ready to--definitely a lGod save, but am going to have to get my lazy rear to some meetings here. I live out in the country, and only AA is anywhere close, but I know I'm making excuses.
I'm grateful for life, my Boston terror (no typo--she is!!), energy, a warm place to park my head, good books, good friends, hope, and the love of Jesus who's brought me to a better place than I've been for a lil over a decade!! oh, also coffee and chocolate--ttyl!! (I welcome any support folks--have let myself get shaky cos in person get real scared of peeps) ttyl
Old 05-12-2005, 07:02 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I am greatful for so much today.Mikey be luvin life.