Notices

Today I am grateful for..........

Old 11-28-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

November 28

Well,Sunday evening and the long holiday weekend is over.Back to work in about 12 hours.But,its all good.I am so grateful to have a job to go to.It gives me a sense of belonging.When I was using I was unemployable.Today life is so much better.One day at a time,I do not get high.And the rewards,and gifts of sobriety are endless.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

November 29

One of the many gifts of sobriety for me is that I can be grateful for the little things in life today.Sometimes it is so easy to forget,or not notice these little things.Or perhaps I could dwell on all the wreckage from my addiction I created.I will probably spend years making things right.But,today i choose to be grateful.Grateful for all the blessings in my life.A special lady,all my friends in recovery who care about me,and are always there for me.Having a job to go to everyday,and another day clean and sober.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There sure are alot of gifts in sobriety, Michael. We just have to take the time to notice them. The biggest gift I have been given is that I now have a choice to not use. Then there's my new relationship with a wonderful man. I have 2 wonderful sons. I have a lot of friends in aa. I have a lot of friends here. I met someone from SR at my meeting tonight. I am grateful that God gave me the opportunity to reach out my hand and help someone. I am grateful for my life, completely.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Once again,I am grateful.I am a painter and live in Oregon where it rains a lot.All though I usaully stay busy year round anyway,it can get slow around the holidays.Today we worked outside,and we are supposed to finish tommorow.Earlier this evening, I saw a chance of rain for tommorow.And it's also raining right now.I was kinda bummin.Well,I stayed up for the weather report.No rain tommorow! YES! Thank you God!Goodnight everyone,Im off to bed.Also grateful for another day clean and sober.See you tommorow my friends. :hello2
Old 11-30-2004, 05:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

You're doing great,Dude! Stay Dry! :xmasb
Old 12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for making it to 7 months. I am grateful that I have found a new way of life and a wonderful sponsor. I am grateful that my niece (3 years old) is finally getting to know me and let me play with her. I love all that sobriety has given me.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 months Sherry.That is so cool.I am proud of you.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Dec 1

I forgot to post yesterday.Oh well,I was still grateful though.Today I am grateful for recovery,grateful for Sherry having 7 months,and getting to know her.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You guys (and gals), I am only 2 days clean from crack cocaine. I feel horrible. But I went to a meeting today and am seeing some newly found hope. Please say a prayer for me because I know that God is all powerful and if I stay willing, he can help me just like he helped you.

Mary
Old 12-02-2004, 04:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

December 2

Welcome to SoberRecovery Butterball. Today I have so much to be grateful for.I am grateful for the newcomers here at SR.Grateful to have a life again.I am writing a few posts before I head off to my meeting. Then I am headed to some friends house to watch spiderman 2.And most of all,I am grateful for another day clean and sober
Old 12-02-2004, 06:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome Mary,

This is a great place to be. I am also grateful for the newbies, both here and in the meetings. It shows me that it's not getting any better out there. I am grateful for getting to know Michael a little more each day. I am grateful for another day clean and sober. The longer I stay sober, the better life seems to get.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Michael is grateful for getting to know Sherry too.And Im looking forward to her coming to visit me this Febuary.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that my teeth don't hurt right now. I am grateful that my friend April has finally admitted that she's been getting high for the last month, and she wants help. I'm grateful that I am able to be an inspiration to some of the members here in aa. I'm grateful for the members who are an inspiration to me. Life is good today. Thank you God.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi, My name is Steph and I am an addict, I live in Australia and I am new to sr.

Today I am gratefull for having my puppy in my life who always cheers me up!

I am also gratefull to have found god in my life'.

I am also gratefull for the hard times, because I learn from them today.

I am gratefull to have found 12 step fellowships

LOVE AND LIGHT TO YOU ALL xoxoxoxoxoxox
Old 12-04-2004, 06:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Steph and welcome to SoberRecovery. I'm glad you found us. There are many wonderful people here, so stick around and get to know us.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:29 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

December 4

Today I am grateful for weekends.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for getting to sleep in. I don't get to do that too often. It felt great. I'm also grateful that an old timer told me that I'm doing a good job. It's not easy to get that out of an old timer, especially in the first year! I am also very grateful for Michael. He's a wonderful man!
Old 12-07-2004, 12:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

December 6

Everyday I have so much to be grateful for.My worst day clean and sober is bettter than my best day high or drunk.I am looking forward to an AA round-up at the coast New Years Weekend.I just got off the phone and reserved my motel.I cant wait! Plus,I also got a motel that allows pets.So,my buddy Bo gets to come along too.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:14 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

December 7

Today I am grateful for another day clean and sober. I am also grateful for my new camera phone the mail man just brought me.Now I just need to learn how to operate it.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Well,Im learning to use this camera phone.I like having new toys.