Desperately need advice and help for my fiancé

Old 02-01-2024, 12:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi HB
I can't understand why they would force entry into your home, when you advised the police that you were more than happy to arrange a suitable time for her to collect her things when you returned home. No one's privacy/home would be safe, if this was allowed. Was the home in both names?
Yes, she is entitled to have her belongings, but you weren't denying her these. You were willing to arrange a time when you were home.
Her behaviour and that of her parents shows you how little regard they have for you. Whilst you are upset, and away clearing your head, they force access to your home. Charming!
You don't know what yarns she may have spun to them, and they appear to have believed her.
To be honest, leave her to her parents, and never contact her again. Cut your loses and breath a sigh of relief she has gone.
Much Love
Bute x
Old 02-01-2024, 01:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bute View Post
Hi HB
I can't understand why they would force entry into your home, when you advised the police that you were more than happy to arrange a suitable time for her to collect her things when you returned home. No one's privacy/home would be safe, if this was allowed. Was the home in both names?
Yes, she is entitled to have her belongings, but you weren't denying her these. You were willing to arrange a time when you were home.
Her behaviour and that of her parents shows you how little regard they have for you. Whilst you are upset, and away clearing your head, they force access to your home. Charming!
You don't know what yarns she may have spun to them, and they appear to have believed her.
To be honest, leave her to her parents, and never contact her again. Cut your loses and breath a sigh of relief she has gone.
Much Love
Bute x
My thoughts exactly. I contacted the police and while I did not make contact with the actual officer who was at my home, he had notes on the call. Apparently since she lives at my home by showing proof of residency via a piece of postal mail she was granted access via a locksmith. I can’t believe this is legal in my state.

She is not in my lease. She did not have a key. She does not have a drivers license to even show identification because her license was suspended. I explained to the police officer that she did not have these things, or access to my home because she has a history of using prescription drugs and alcohol. I encouraged the police officer to ask her and even check out her pupils. Did not seem to budge with him at all. I left the conversation with the feeling we would be able to coordinate a day and time.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, it actually does make sense to me. Check your state laws but it is common that if you can prove you are a resident, you are permitted access. In fact under those same laws she probably had the right to continue living there unless you evict her and that takes time. The law applies to all. So, if that is the circumstance and from what he said, you actually got off lucky, she left.

While her license might be suspended, an officer could have checked the details on it anyway.

So, your ex and her family have now put you firmly in the "enemy" camp and there you will stay. She may come back and try to work her way back in to your life at some point, perhaps if she really relapses and her parents get fed up. I hope you will remember that this is not a road you want to travel again.

It's confusing for you, I know, but addiction isn't logical.

Old 02-01-2024, 06:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Well, it actually does make sense to me. Check your state laws but it is common that if you can prove you are a resident, you are permitted access. In fact under those same laws she probably had the right to continue living there unless you evict her and that takes time. The law applies to all. So, if that is the circumstance and from what he said, you actually got off lucky, she left.

While her license might be suspended, an officer could have checked the details on it anyway.

So, your ex and her family have now put you firmly in the "enemy" camp and there you will stay. She may come back and try to work her way back in to your life at some point, perhaps if she really relapses and her parents get fed up. I hope you will remember that this is not a road you want to travel again.

It's confusing for you, I know, but addiction isn't logical.
I hope she leaves me alone now so I can move on. I don’t want to have to contact the police or pursue a restraining order. I have no idea what to expect if she comes out of her psychosis or stops using medications, etc.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I hopes she does too. Have you blocked her on social media and from your phone?

This is tough, it's going to hurt for a while, but focusing back on yourself will help. Take the energy that you used focusing on her problems and focus it on yourself. Think about what you want and need in your life?

Being around friends and family can help too, even if you don't particularly feel like it right now. You will heal from this, but it is going to take time. Bit by bit you will start to feel better if you are taking good care of yourself.
Old 02-02-2024, 03:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I hopes she does too. Have you blocked her on social media and from your phone?

This is tough, it's going to hurt for a while, but focusing back on yourself will help. Take the energy that you used focusing on her problems and focus it on yourself. Think about what you want and need in your life?

Being around friends and family can help too, even if you don't particularly feel like it right now. You will heal from this, but it is going to take time. Bit by bit you will start to feel better if you are taking good care of yourself.
I am going to focus on myself and prioritize what is best for me. I see now how selfish her actions were and that she doesn’t care about anyone. Rationalizing it and blaming myself when I did nothing wrong is part of the problem. At this level of a relationship if I did not make her happy she could have sat down and talked about it. So I am at peace accepting her addiction is the only focus and priority.

She unblocked me and I now see this is nothing but a game.