Crack addict husband abandons family

Old 08-05-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Addicts are master liars and manipulators. Don't believe for a second all the negative things he says about you. You're not the one who is abandoning your daughter, HE IS. Why is this so called "friend" more important to him than his own daughter? If you had a close friend, sister or daughter in this situation, what would you tell her?

Is it possible for you to get some distance from your husband? I found that when I put some distance between my husband and his addiction, I was able to think more clearly because I didn't have to constantly deal with all of his B.S. He was so convincing, he had me second guessing myself about everything and I felt like I couldn't trust my own judgement. If he would have told me that the sun was purple, I probably would have believed him.

At the end of day, it's up to us to face the reality of our situation. It is soooooo painful to know that the person we loved (and who loved us) is getting lost in their own addiction and becoming incapable of loving anyone at all. Just remember, you have your own free will and the power to either stay or go. Just because he is going down a horrible path, doesn't mean you have to go with him.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, nobody deserves it. Are you attending any meetings? SR was such a life line for me, but it also helped to go to meetings. You're not alone, many of us have walked in you shoes and totally understand you. Keep posting and reaching out. This is a safe to place to come and vent. Sending you lots of hugs.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I'm my own best friend

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i was a crack addict.....and it's a nasty place. not a lot make it out. thEre are some superstars here on SR - LarryLive, Impurrfect, Marcus, NerfMichael (sp??)....just to name a few. and while i will not put words in their mouths, i think a common theme when it comes to dealing with crack addicts to to RUN LIKE HELL.
How long have you been clean? I have been with a crack addict for longer than I care to admit. I think sometimes we will be the exception, and that is a lie. I had to get honest with myself. It just got too painful to deal with him anymore. I don't have an ounce of energy left to give to him. I never thought I would get there, but I have. I am grateful that I have. It is nothing but up from here.
Old 04-06-2024, 10:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jewell614 View Post
How long have you been clean? I have been with a crack addict for longer than I care to admit. I think sometimes we will be the exception, and that is a lie. I had to get honest with myself. It just got too painful to deal with him anymore. I don't have an ounce of energy left to give to him. I never thought I would get there, but I have. I am grateful that I have. It is nothing but up from here.
Hi jewell and welcome back. Anvil hasn't posted for a while and this thread is quite old, but I'm glad you found it helpful.

Are you separated now? Life with a crack addict must be very difficult, you certainly deserve better.