Girlfriend in rehab in FL

Old 12-10-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NJandy View Post
I realized as soon as I hit "send" on my response to the OP that it was utterly pointless. If this person is not a troll, then he is by his own admission an actively using heroin addict. Reasoning with him is a waste of time; there will always be an excuse for why treatment should be cut short or drug use should continue.
No. I really hope she gets clean, theres zero reason for me not wanting it.

I really care for her and talked to her mom etc, i REALLLY do want the best for her.

Now I guess I am putting her before me, because I said I'll use myself to cope and I'm only hurting myself. But I swore on myself that I will never let her to use again in my presence.

The only reason why I want her to come back is because I'm blinded by my love for her and just want her back. I understand that she is gone, and I just hope it's not longer than a month, because honestly I think she should move on in REAL life, not a life of recovery. Shes 18 turning 19 I don't think she deserves or needs to be away for more than a month for her drug use. She started shooting up in August and went to rehab in between so shes a fairly new user. So she isn't even close to a hardcore addict and I think she just needs to focus on her real life that way she won't turn to drugs. It shouldn't be hard for her to quit she just has to change her mindset and find better friends/people to hangout with.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry to be blunt, but you are an active H user. If you are truly putting her first you should know the worst thing she could do is be around you. Maybe you should put all of that focus on doing whatever you have to do for you not to use again, so she could be around you again.

She is 18, a mere child. I am guessing you to be close in age. You have a long life in front of you IF you stop using. If not, maybe your life won't be as long. It does and will escalate. H is a horribly addictive drug and hard to stop. I truly hope you get help.

I don't say any of this with malice. I simply see someone who us using that is putting the focus on another person instead of their own issue.

I wish you all the best.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Now I guess I am putting her before me, because I said I'll use myself to cope and I'm only hurting myself.
Yup. You are.

But here's the thing, man. No one here can stop you from using.

Part of becoming a responsible adult in this life is recognizing when we make poor decisions, and then learning from it. But the only way that you are ever going to get there, FltoNj, is to decide you're done poisoning yourself.

There are plenty of people in this world that are going through emotional turmoil and uncertainty without turning to heroin.

Take care.