IV Meth User Second round of Mandatory Treatment

Old 05-11-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

@cynical one

No. I'm speaking my mind in my own thread, not trolling my own thread.

Ann is presenting very poor reasoning, and it ticked me off.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

@jjj111

Someone PM me with information about NA, I'm considering it to better relate to her struggles, and get support. I'm not an addict, and already said that I was aware people would be suggesting I was in denial. Very easy to think that. No worries.

It seems obvious to me that many people don't share my perspective, and so our values and understandings will be quite different.

You are in no position to be questioning my thinking based on differences in values and perceptions alone. I reason very clearly these days.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's clear you don't value her addiction. You posted here because you wanted advice on how to manage all the chaos and pain she has caused you. So to say that you think your children would benefit from that chaos--that the chaos of addiction would make her a good mother? That doesn't add up. You are at odds with yourself here. That's great that you're thinking about checking out an NA meeting. Do it for yourself. Only she can help herself.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
It's clear you don't value her addiction. You posted here because you wanted advice on how to manage all the chaos and pain she has caused you. So to say that you think your children would benefit from that chaos--that the chaos of addiction would make her a good mother? That doesn't add up. You are at odds with yourself here. That's great that you're thinking about checking out an NA meeting. Do it for yourself. Only she can help herself.
This is your second post of assumptions. Allow me to clear this up for you.

I value her genetics. We are both highly adaptable. I would not deprive my children of the ability to adapt to a chaotic environment, as it is the future terrain.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Branbran, you may want to research the genetic components in addiction and addiction behaviors before breeding.

I wish you well.

Love from Lenina
Old 05-11-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Lenina,

I have.

Global net energy has already peaked, which means the culture will inevitably decline. Hedonism will be something to go in rather short order.

I'm not concerned in the least for my kids wasting their potential, rather using it to their best abilities.

Thanks for the well wish
Old 05-12-2014, 12:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

:*(
Old 05-12-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

When I first came here, I read a lot. I didn't post because things weren't "bad enough", but eventually they became so. My "bad enough" is a lot less then many others here, and because I listened to their advice, and gave a lot of thought to how many years of my life I wanted to throw away for someone who doesn't even care about themselves, I choose to let her be her. And accept that when she chooses to be different, she will be.

While many of the stories here differ in details, they all share the same general theme (predictably so), and I recognized enough of them to see that this is not how I want to spend my life.

So I got off the roller coaster.

I could so easily feel what you're feeling, I choose not to because it robbed me of myself.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I think there's a lot of groupthink going on in this forum.

Have chosen to take myself away from this, because I'm pretty sure it's not going to do me any good.

In this thread, a theme is a "pattern" amongst users. What about a pattern amongst the people who would find the need to stay on a forum like this? I find people who have very black and white thinking, and don't feel they can love while keeping healthy detachment. That's unfortunate, and something this woman has really helped me out with over the years.

You can choose to see mere suffering, and feel bad for yourself, so find the need to just walk away. There's something in me that puts value in human suffering, and I don't think that's pathological, I think it's facing reality head on.

I'm going to move on from this site. There's just not anyone I seem to be relating to all too much.

Take care everyone.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sorry you didn't hear what you wanted, branbran. Earlier in the thread, I felt badly for you because I felt you were the one in denial; however, when you stated that you saw nothing wrong with bringing a child into the mix, and basically welcomed chaos into an innocent child's life, I was appalled.

I sincerely hope you do not do that to a child. While you may feel it creates strength in a child, you should read around our ACOA forum and see what it really does. It isn't pretty. No child deserves that.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now that Branbran has chosen to move on, I believe it is a good time to close this thread. Thank you all for your participation.