Im upset because of HIM

Old 05-06-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Im sorry your feeling down Blue. My husband and I made it through an affair also.. and with work made our marriage stronger. I think your friend is right in that you have been through a lot. Not sure about forgetting details of certain events but maybe it means your mind is processing and working through events? Some details may also come back to you...? Sometimes out of no where something from the past will jump out at me; remind me of a feeling, a memory, an event. Keep acknowledging your feelings - hope things look brighter soon.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I havent updated my thread in a while and felt like I should today.

Its been a year ago now my husband had his relapse and Ive been thinking a lot about it this past week in a slow-motion sort of way. Hard to explain the emotions. We have come a very long way. Yep both of us, together.

A few weeks ago he had anxiety issues again and it was very scary. Those are better now Thank God. He increased his counseling and feels like he slid backwards because of it. But its helped get him sorted out.

I handled it all really well if I do say so myself. Im not going to counseling on my own right now, only family therapy with him twice a month. But I have been studying the CRAFT method and started an online class this month. I used tools in there to help me analyze his anxiety issues, communicate with him, and deal with my own emotions in a positive way.
His doctor said I did a good job. So YAY me !!!

He almost has a whole year, I cant believe it. Things are still rough and the doctor says part of it is PAWS, part of it is underlying issues now coming to light. So we shall continue to fight the good fight, and find ways to smile while we're doing it.

Thank you to everyone who has been supportive this past year.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Blue. I too am coming up on a year. Went by quickly but with lots of positive changes like yourself.
Thankful things are on the upswing for you. I pray the counseling continues to help your husband with the PAWS and anything else underlying. I found counseling a Godsend.
Glad to hear you have some positive things happening.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Thanks Needing. I was going to my own counseling every week until a couple months ago. I felt like I was doing better and wanted to step back a little. I wont hesitate to go back if I need it. I enjoy our family sessions and I get to talk in there and express myself. Cant keep Blue bottled up !!
Old 06-28-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

So nice that you both are doing well.

I think of the process of gaining insight is something we do our entire lives. I tend to pick up my counseling, at this point, on an as-needed basis.

For some people, it takes awhile for them to break down the walls and really dig deep. Perhaps your hubby is one of those.