Am I being naive??

Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So what that he's got beautiful body when his mind and soul are full of crap? He's probably skinny as coke addicts don't find need to eat...

You are beautiful in every single aspect!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

sweetie, I hear you. wanna learn about unconditional love? get a dog. you can be gone for 5 minutes or 5 hours and they will greet you with the same intensity - OMG, it's YOU, you're back, I missed you sooooo much! they do't care what you are wearing, what you weigh, if your nails are painted, they are just glad YOU are home.

your body has gotten (got?) you this far...it is where you will live til you draw your last breath....what's the saying....I once wished I had shoes, until I met a man with no legs?

breathe in and out, and be joyous that you can. you are a precious child of the universe. your number of days are not known...but your now is in your hands.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stucna View Post
So what that he's got beautiful body when his mind and soul are full of crap? He's probably skinny as coke addicts don't find need to eat...

You are beautiful in every single aspect!
Thank you, stucna. You make a good point about his outside being pretty but his inside being ugly. And anvil made an equally good point to me in the past about his insides being ugly and his outside is going to quickly follow the longer he abuses drugs. I've noticed that he actually has lost weight over the last year - he's still very 'cut,' but he's losing mass from not eating. And his face is becoming very drawn and thin. It's so heartbreaking that they just don't see themselves sliding downhill... I read a post by an addict whose DOC was cocaine and he said he got up one morning, looked in the bathroom mirror and started crying because he looked so terrible from the drug use and losing weight that he didn't recognize himself anymore. Very, very sad....
Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
sweetie, I hear you. wanna learn about unconditional love? get a dog. you can be gone for 5 minutes or 5 hours and they will greet you with the same intensity - OMG, it's YOU, you're back, I missed you sooooo much! they do't care what you are wearing, what you weigh, if your nails are painted, they are just glad YOU are home.

your body has gotten (got?) you this far...it is where you will live til you draw your last breath....what's the saying....I once wished I had shoes, until I met a man with no legs?

breathe in and out, and be joyous that you can. you are a precious child of the universe. your number of days are not known...but your now is in your hands.
I know, Anvil....as much as I detest my body, I try to remember to be thankful that at least it still works and I am blessed to not have any major health issues. It is my body, for better or worse, and I should be proud of it, even grateful to have it! As I said, that has always been a MAJOR stumbling block for me, going way, way back. It's definitely something that I need to do a LOT of work on.