Just found out my husband is an addict

Old 11-21-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

No, I do thank YOU - for following, listening, supporting, advising, and being there for me!
Thanks to you I know that I'm not alone.

I'll keep on posting!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

He started to hold me back.. just when I finalyy set up my mind to move forward and strated all the legal preparations. It's emotionally hard already, why is he doing so? I catch myself now remembering all the good things about him , and wonder if he does deserve the second chance? I made it very clear to him that I will never tolerate lies and drugs, no matter if it comes from him or anyone else. But all this time he was so persistant about the divorse, just now, when I actually started doing things to get the divorse, he kinda changes his mind! I'm lost - is that drugs talking? Is that normal behavior of an addict and I should't pay attention to it?
From my point of view, after everything that he'd put me through, I don't trust him anymore. But my weakness is that I don't hold the anger for long. I tend to focuss on the good side of the person, and I just hope this won't hold me back.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It sounds like he's manipulating you. He threatened divorce to scare you into staying and now that you aren't afraid of that he is finding other ways to manipulate and control you. Be true to yourself and your child. Take a long look at what is really happening. It's so hard not to fall into the trap of remembering how wonderful your relationship once was - before the drugs. It's hard to acknowledge that the person you fell in love with who was so wonderful and caring, genuine and loyal may be gone entirely. But that's what drugs do. They turn our loved ones into people we don't recognize. They turn our lives upside down as long as we allow them to.

Just be careful and be sure you are doing what is right for you and your child. It isn't easy and it isn't fun, but working on you is the best thing you can do - for all of you.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I know I haven't posted for a while, but just wanted to tell you final outcome of my story.. I filed for a divorce, managed to stay on friendly terms with my husband so the child won't be dragged from one to other, and moved to the USA, where I have lots of friends and people that care about me. Got a job, got back on my feet, and gave my kid a safe, emotionally stable and drug-free home. I'm still waiting for my divorce papers, but that should be done very soon.
So thank all of you again for the tremendous support and courage to stand up for what's right.

God bless!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Zaia, I am so happy for you and your daughter that you found the strength and courage to find a peaceful, safe place for both of you.

It is sad when our dreams get broken, and we need to take time to grieve and heal, but new dreams come with new beginnings and I wish you and your daughter a life filled with happiness, peace, joy and beauty.

It's nice to see you, thank you for coming to share.

Hugs