how do you support someone, but not be an enabler?

Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

yes its tough, the seperation and the anxiety of not knowing what is going threw your loved ones head, my nagf is about an hour and 15 minutes away, the last time i saw her was wed. of last week after not seeing her for 14 days, and all indications and conversations on the phone we where fine, i went to 1st family session and she decided to tell me she didnt want to come home to the apt. for fear of relapse, when i was one of the reasons besides herself wanting it, to go to rehab, and said she didnt want to be in a realtionship with me or anybody right now, we have had our fights and i dealt with her habit for about 6 months for heroin, after countless efforts to help her with going to the doctor and getting suboxon, which is not cheap, nor is her habit, she spent all her money on it, and me thinking i was helping by letting it happen, by paying all the bills made it worse, i only realized that after nar anon meetings
and then it hit my limit, many times i told her babe i want you to stop and she said she did to but couldnt detox on her own, but this last time i told her exactly this, you need to stop and get some help, your 28 years old and you need to figure out what you want from life, since we where talking marriage, i dont want to be in a realtionship with you, or live with you if you continue to have a habit, and she said she didnt want to lose me, and called the rehab and 5 days later she was in rehab, that was 21 days ago, now after she let me go, i dont know how to take it, she told me to bare with her and be strong for her, but wont say anything about the future, so i do what i have to do each day and live my life, but it feels empty without her.