Just HOW Crazy, Exactly?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
How crazy do we codependents get when we are deperate to fix someone else?
Amen to that, sistah!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mary, as Kindeyes points out, I think they can heal and many do every day but it takes lots and lots of work on their part. It is their work and only theirs. Trust me, I am trying to see things for what they are in my own situation and I still cling onto some fantasy of who I wish he would be. But you need to deal with the here and now. Who they are now and how they are treating us now. Because for me, it hurts. I never know if it is him or the addict talking. Does the addict love me? or does he? I don't know and until he is sober and rational when he says he loves me in the way I deserve or want then I need to protect myself. As do you. I know we both deserve much better treatment. The person who can give you the best possible treatment is YOU so keep yourself the focus.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks so much babyblue!

I am amazed at how easier it gets each time - the part where you shift back to you and sort of rebound from it.

I have so many exciting plans for myself. I'm going to organize everything, set some attainable goals and get to it all! I'm running, I'm going to get to some serious work on my portfolio, start applying to every design opportunity under tha sun...keep evaluating what I truly want....all the while, taking it in and taking with me the very tough lessons I have learned these last 2-3 years.

And I hold A in my heart in a positive way (as I wrote to him) because I am not worrying about it! This feels great. I let myself think about it for a few minutes, then move on to me.

Ahh! Thank God IIIIII have a clear head!

We should start a thread that is all the crazy things we have said/done. I'm sure one already exists but it'd be funny.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Go for it, start that thread Mary.
You do rebound quicker but then the danger is, you feel great, your guard is down and before you know it you get sucked back in. That is what happens to me. I feel no anger towards the A. None at all. I just have to remind myself who he is and how limited his capacity is right now. I have a house, a car, a job and I worked hard to get those things all on my own. Remind yourself of YOUR gifts and talents! There is a reason these guys are drawn to us because they know, even in the recesses of the drugged/boozed brains, that we are the bomb. Ok? Ok!