Suboxone saga

Old 03-15-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Suboxone and the willingness to stay clean has allowed me to have my daughter back in my life. I don't know if she would have been able to accomplish all that she has these past 9 months without it. Prayers that this helps give your son his life back, Cece. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-15-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you (((Marle)))
I pray I can say the same thing a few months from now.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's true suboxone is very expensive, although it is not necessary it is extremely helpful. In many ways it is a better alternative to methodone. Whether insurance will pay for suboxone depends both of the doctor and insurance company. But as an employee of a suboxone clinic, I want to debunk some statements here.

First, I will address methadone, it is true you can go to a methadone clinic for five dollars, Methadone is priced at about a penny per milligram, while one 8 mg tablet of Suboxone costs $6.50. This is because methadone has been around for 50 years but sub is a medical breakthru. It cost billions of dollars for the drug companies to develope and produce these medications and have them approved by the FDA. The cost will go down with time but as for now, the drug companies are trying to regain their expenses.

Secondly, it may seem as though these Doctors are getting rich off this, some do. But the majority of the time, they charge the minimum needed. It is extremely expensive to have the CARF certification and training. There are constant audits that are costly, regulations imposed are expensive, not to mention liability insurance can be over $100,000 a year, etc... Which is why so few doctors prescribe suboxone. If it really were a cash crop then why are so few doctors prescibing it?

Finally, I would like to say that many people working at these places are in recovery themselves of have been affected by addiction in a loved one. They know what it is like. When my company started our program, we priced the program as low as possible. We charge only enough to pay for the costs, in order to stay in business and continue helping people. And I can tell you our rates are around the same as posted on this site. I know it is alot of money that some people do not have, but we need to charge those rates to stay in business, if we were to go out of business then we could not help anyone. Although I feel terrible that anyone cant recieve help, I feel so happy for the people who are helped . That what we do change people's lives and gives them freedom again.

If you would like to complain about doctors getting rich off medications then you should redirect your anger to the doctors who are handing out the opiates to begin with, causing patients to be addicted and become dependent on that doctors services. A suboxone doctor does not try to keep you coming back, they try to get you off medication and gain independence
Old 06-03-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

This thread is over a year old, ambermichelles.

Welcome to SR. What brings you here?