Fighting for Custody Part II

Old 03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I have to echo the others' suggestions also of staying out of it.

Her choices got her kicked out. She can work on getting back in by herself.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Honestly Theres no right or wrong answer................

just do what you think is best FOR YOU and not your sister..........
hugs
Old 03-05-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'd say go with YOUR "gut" feeling.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I'm taking your advice and staying out of this one.

Part of what bugs me about all this is the fact that my sister is claiming she was framed by someone else in the house (she says a staff member!). I suppose it's POSSIBLE that she bugged someone enough for them to try and get her kicked out, but it seems highly unlikely. While she's still unwilling to take any responsibility for her own decisions, I have a hard time sticking my neck out for her.

Thanks for the input everybody.

Keeping my nose in my own backyard today!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I can't blame you there. If she's telling rehab a pill was planted on her, I don't think it's going to work only because....

1. It's a lie.

2. They won't waste their time on one who doesn't seem genuinely interested in getting straight/sober, and following the rules of the house.

What she has done sets a bad example for the rest of the patients who want sobriety, and disrupts the treatment and care of others.

This is why they kicked her out.

So, now she says she'll find out by Friday if they're going to let her back in and she wants me to call the director of this centre and ask her to let my sister back in (in case they're going to say no) and tell her how much her family wants to see her back in rehab in hopes that will help her case.
How much her family wants her back in there? When it really should be how much does she want to be back in there?

It seems this has happened with her before many times over. Rehab is not just a roof over her head for a while.

Anyway....the rules were layed out for her before she even got there. I really don't think they will accept her back. But we'll see.

Meetings and "her" turning to HP may be whats left if she wants sobriety.

Praying HP takes the blinders off her so she can see what she needs, and who she needs, and she turns in the right direction. I do believe in miracles, and these kind need miracles, or they will die.

NH7
Old 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi NH7,
I have to say that I think you're quite probably right. My sister said she was supposed to hear back today about whether or not she would be readmitted to the rehab, and no one has contacted her. I don't think this bodes well. She's still insisting a staff member planted drugs on her to have her kicked out... and somehow I think this is going to sink her. She's such a fool.... No matter how many times she gets slapped in the head for lying, she never learns that it's better to admit the truth.

I guess there's still a chance rehab will take her back... but I'm starting to think it's unlikely.

I'm just sending up thanks that her daughter is safe. Every step her mom takes in the wrong direction just makes her that much safer.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wise decision on your part to "stay in your hula hoop"! What a shame that she continues to experience consequences and does not seem to learn from them. Well, I still pray that her HP will work something out after all!

Hugs to you and yours!

HG
Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

((Lisa)) - I, too, am glad that your niece is safe, loved and no longer in the midde of that chaos.

I'm sorry your sister can't seem to learn from her consequences. I guess some people just don't. I will continue to keep her and the rest of you in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My sister said she was supposed to hear back today about whether or not she would be readmitted to the rehab, and no one has contacted her. I don't think this bodes well.
Any word back yet on whether she's readmitted to rehab?

Thinking of you,
NH7
Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I supervised their visit again today, two hours. My sister was behaving alright. I'm still kind of perplexed at the fact that she's been semi-normal for a little while now.

She was rather emotional about the fact that she won't be seeing her daughter for a two weeks now while she's visiting her grandparents, and kind of bitter at them for not inviting (and paying for) her to come along. She's completely incapable of seeing, from their perspective, that they'd rather not.

Still no word from the rehab centre about whether or not they're taking her back. As always, I have no idea if what my sister has told me is true... so I'm not holding my breath while I wait to find out.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Wow, I'm just glad the visis to the grandparents is going to be "allowed" after all the drama she had tired to stir up about it!!

I agree about the rehab...I'm wondering if they were even considering letting her back in, at all...who knows?

hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-09-2009, 05:07 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I agree with Amy....I'm thrilled your niece will still be able to go on this trip! What a nice break it will be for her....well....and for you and your husband for that matter!!!

Hugs, HG
Old 03-09-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

She was rather emotional about the fact that she won't be seeing her daughter for a two weeks now while she's visiting her grandparents, and kind of bitter at them for not inviting (and paying for) her to come along.
Okay....This is what all the drama was about her opposing niece going. She was jealous she wasn't invited too. Lordy.

I'm still kind of perplexed at the fact that she's been semi-normal for a little while now.
I find that there are days AH can look and speak completely normal. If he stays that way I know it's a miracle, if he doesn't I know it was an illlusion. Sometimes he goes back into acting like a husband, like a father, caring about us and our needs as if nothing ever happened. I had hoped many days he would stay that way.

Your sister may be genuinely straight right now, awaiting word from rehab. It's the pills/drugs that cause the mental breakdowns.

Praying niece has a wonderful visit with her grandparents, a vacation she will have lasting good memories of.

NH7
Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wonderful news that your niece will be visiting with grandparents, especailly after all the drama your sister caused about it. I have to agree with NH7, sounds like your sister was/is jealous that she wasn't invited. Praying for all of you.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 03-09-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm so glad that the visit with my parents is going through too! My sister spent some time visiting lawyers (free legal aid) but in the end nothing happened. I imagine none of them told her what she wanted to hear... Her threats and comments, as usual, were just hot air. At one point she actually suggested that we were just trying to get my niece out of the country so it would be easier to kidnap her! My sister is RIDICULOUS.

Oh NH7, you are SO right about the jealousy thing. A couple of years ago my parents took my niece to Disneyland and my sister went berzerk. She was SO upset that my parents were giving her daughter this great experience (that she wasn't a part of) and she went on and on about it for about a month beforehand, and every day while they were gone, pretty much making her daughter feel sick with guilt for having the nerve to enjoy going to Disneyland with her parents. I just don't understand that kind of thinking. When they got back, my sister bought her daughter a hamster (that the could barely afford to feed, let alone provide medical care for) just so that her daughter would have something to come home to ... a way of competing. She's never understood that all her daughter wanted was her to be awake, alert, and attentive.

She still does this now... promises her daughter all kinds of ridiculous things to make her think she should be anxious to be with her mom. For the longest time she was talking about the DOG she was going to buy them... which is utterly absurd because she can't afford the pet, the food, the vet bills, none of it. Fortunately, my niece doesn't fall for this garbage anymore.

Still no news about whether she's allowed back into the treatment centre.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Still no word from my sister about whether or not she's going to be accepted back into treatment. I'm very doubtful at this point.

In addition, she's not answering her phone again. My niece tried to call her tonight and got no answer. Last time this happened it was because she was in the hospital.

She's turning 31 on Saturday.

I'm praying she makes it to 32.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh.....wow....I'm sorry that she has fallen off the radar again. Especially since her daughter has tried to call her! Please add my prayers, too. I hope that you will hear something about her soon.

Hugs and prayers, HG
Old 03-13-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

(((Lisa))) - I'm sorry she's MIA again, but it seems this happens every time things don't go her way, or when all the attention is not being focused on HER? At least, that's the way I see it. Things start going smoothly, you're planning your vacation, and ... oops, there she goes again.

I pray it's nothing serious, but I'm glad your niece has you

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-13-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hugs & Prayers coming your way.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hello Sister, Well all I can say is enjoy the peace. When you do hear from her, if she's not in a hospital, you may want to consider going back to emails, and other visitation supervisor............ (boundaries again)............. This also lets her know what the consquences are, coming from your side of the situation.

How long has she been MIA?