Stressing rant.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Jason,
My heart goes out to you and your dad. You are an incredibly insightful young man. Please find help for yourself, in any manner you can. Shortly after my AH died from heroin, my 19 year old nephew died from taking oxycotin. Please do everything you can to get yourself in a place where you can get away from the drugs. My AH started using young and was in an environment where drugs were readily available (he was a musician)....

Also, you mentioned wondering what you would do if your dad od'ed....yes, you could call 911 and you'd have to let them know about his addiction, I believe there is something they can give which somewhat reverses the affect of opiates. I wanted to tell you that, just in case.

Please feel free to PM as well.

Take care of you.
HW
Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Thanks for all the support everyone. It helps a lot..as I'm sure many of you know.

My dad finally came back around noon today, I don't know what he's up too, haven't really talked much too him. I figure that if he wants to talk to me or is willing to tell me something then he will. For now I'm just gonna let it sit...we'll see where this all heads off too.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jason, I'm glad to hear your Dad came home. That has to be a relief. In as much as a relief it is, please continue to seek help for yourself. Your life is worth it, there are many others out there just like you.....maybe hard to believe but true. Young & old......get to some meetings and you'll make new friends and save your life.

I'm really sorry to hear how you think your Mom would react, I can understand her not wanting to deal with drugs anymore. As I said b/4 my daughter is an addict (been clean 2 mos now) I had to pull away from all of the drama, but I still love her and will always be supportive of her recovery. Your Mom may feel the same.

You can always PM me.
Chris
Old 01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jason, sometimes when your spouse is an addict.........you give and give and give until you have NOTHING left to give and your faced with the decision to save yourself.............
this may be the point your mom reached with your dad.........the drugs and the relapse are often enough to kill the "romantic" love a person feels for another.

But mothers love for their children ........its different

If your looking for recovery and are working on your recovery your mom may feel different..............maybe not but sometimes people surprise us

Did you look up the AA meetings yet?
Do you have a AA book ( the big book?) If not try to find one either in a used book store or at a meeting...............
and read read read.........also
are you posting on the 12 step page here? other addicts here could be a useful support system......

best wishes Jason and PS glad your dad made it home
Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Jason,

Just wanted to send you a mother's hug. You really are dealing with a lot. I know it is hard to believe, but school will be over before you know it. Hang in there Jason, there are many of us here praying for you and happy to listen when it gets hard. You need to keep us posted on how you are doing good or bad. Your body will come around and start feeling better once you have all the speed out for a period of time......it really is a hard one to kick, please stay with it because it only gets harder the longer you keep doing it, your body starts to depend on it to get up in the mornings. Good news is after a period of time your body will start returning to normal. If your not a coffee drinker, it helps to have a cup, to get you moving in the morning.......not that I want to start you on a habit. SMILE
Old 01-25-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Jason, just wanted to offer my support to you too. I qualify for AA, NA, Alanon, and Naranon.

I come from a small town so my only 12 step support group is my AA group. That's all we have here.

We've had kids as young as 15 attend our meetings. We're a pretty open group and have no problem with dual dependents or addicts.

I'm sorry you don't have more resources closer to you.

Peer pressure sucks too. High school was damned near unbearable for me. I've never been to a high school reunion of mine and never will go. I couldn't care less who married who, and all that garbage. I was just damned glad to graduate and get the hell away from there.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Searching for Serenity

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
I have been trying to pull away from my "friends," I turn off my phone so I don't have to pick up their calls, I avoid 'em at school, in fact, it's quite obvious I think that I don't really want to be friends with them anymore
You could try reprogramming your voicemail to:
"i'm making some changes in my life, if i don't call you back, you're probably one of those changes so stop calling."
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I was just damned glad to graduate and get the hell away from there.
Ohhh, what I would give to graduate right now :[
Or move away and just be somewhere else.

This sucks.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I have had a reoccuring nightmare for the last 25 years that they told me i didnt really graduate and have to go back. obviously, i can relate to how you feel.