Update

Old 11-19-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Thinking of you today Marle....

Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Marle))) No words..just hugs & prayers.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I am doing okay. I am starting to think that Megan may be back in her eating disorder. She has gained 10 lbs. in the last two weeks. Probably a reason why she has been isolating from me. Weight has always been an issue between us due to my own history with eating disorders. She was here tonight and we got to looking at old pictures. She said that she was so much prettier in those pictures. I asked her if it bothered her to look at them and she said yes. I told her that she is still just as pretty but that maybe the guilt that she still has not dealt with is what is making her feel bad about herself and why she is trying to fill that hole with food now. She says that that made sense. I told her maybe it was time to work the steps (she only made it to step 3) and she said she is thinking about finding a sponsor up here and doing that. I told her that it may help to ease the guilt so that she can start loving herself. I know that she will find her way in time. And I told her that weight does not make the person, it is what is inside and that doesn't change with 10 lbs. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Marle,

Weight gain is very common in and after rehab, especially if the DOC was heroin, so I was told. My daughter packed on a whopping 50 pounds and I did not recognise her....momentarily could not figure out why my daughter's voice was coming out of the fat girl. 8 months later, all but 5 pounds are gone.

A 5-6 week relapse over the summer, casued her to drop 25 pounds. I gave her the choice of homelessness or going cold turkey and she chose the latter.
For now, she values a clean and safe place, over the DOC. Just for today is good enough.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ah Marle! She sounds like a "typical" young adult in so many ways... And, the best thing to my ears is that you are a MOM! 10lbs? Hey, better 10 extra pounds of clean daughter than 25lbs less on something - right? I hope she finds her way to accepting and loving herself - I think she has a shining example and guiding light in you!

(((hugs)))
Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Marle)))

Megan has such an awesome role model in you, that she will get through this. I've had to deal with my own emotional-eating bad habits, recently, and if it weren't for being on meds that are an appetite depressant, I would probably be as big as a house.

It just proves to me, that recovery is a life-long thing. Just when we think we have one area under "control", something else pops up. Luckily, we have the tools, we just have to use them.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

((((((Marle))))))))))

You and Megan remain in my prayers. Your recovery is shining so brightly...Megan is so BLESSED to have a mom like you who fought so hard for recovery and who fights so hard to maintain it. You're setting a wonderful example for her that this recovery thing is PROCESS and that it takes a whole bunch of hard work. Keep going Marle...keep plugging away...
Hugs and prayers...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I really feel for her and the weight gain. That has been the hardest part for me.

********.....}}}}}}
Old 11-20-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((Marle))
my money is on Megan ...and you
you show, as you journey that it *is* the journey and not when you get there , that is the gift...
sometimes recovery is in leaps and sometimes it is babysteps....you hold the line for yourself and Megan, and it is good to see....
my prayers for you both...hugs, Grateful
Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Smile

Originally Posted by grateful2b View Post
((Marle))
my money is on Megan ...and you
you show, as you journey that it *is* the journey and not when you get there , that is the gift...
sometimes recovery is in leaps and sometimes it is babysteps....you hold the line for yourself and Megan, and it is good to see....
my prayers for you both...hugs, Grateful

Well Said
Old 11-21-2008, 04:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Marle,

I am coming in late on this...

I just wanted you to know that you and Megan are in my prayers.
She is blessed to have you for a mother....

Keep on fighting for her recovery, you are doing so well!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Marle,

Coming to this a little late, but always want to check on your and your updates re you and Megan when I do get the chance to get on SR.

This all sounds familiar. My RAD's addiction started with an eating disorder and then bounced all over the place. I think she still has to fight the tendency to fall back there.

Just know that I continue to keep y'all in my prayers. You are a wonderful example of staying out of her recovery and letting her find her own way. We all know how hard that is.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 11-23-2008, 03:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
turning red!

((Marle))
glad it might not be a relapse after all...but what on heck is the deal with tanning lotion? Is super tan back in fashion? ;P

Take care xo
Carine
Old 11-24-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just found this post..been a few days since I've signed on....you are an awesome mom, and I'm praying for you and your daughter.....

Eileen