Codie Vacation...the evidence

Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
BBD

You all are a bunch of good looking ladies and I bet you laughed enough for the next few months. Thanks for sharing the pictures..I loved um" and had a hunch about the fountain of youth one...and what the next picture would be. Your all so funny! I'm glad you had a fabulous time. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Well for goodness sake, we all showed our hats...EXCEPT for ANN!
and her hat just oozed eminence, if you know what I mean....

Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was waiting for the Queen Ann pic. It's a CLASSIC !

Yes indeed, a good time was had by all. Imagine... finding some rock solid recovery people and saying to yourself "I would LOVE the chance to spend some time with her, to learn more about her life, to talk recovery etc."

Well, that's pretty much how our time was spent. We didn't talk recovery all the time, and it certainly wasn't serious all the time (as evidenced by a few of the pics that have been posted.) We DID spend a lot of time talking about our lives ~past and present~and meatloaf and purses and gastrointestinal issues and killer dragon flies. We walked on the beach (some of us are quicker walkers than others...) and were awestruck by the beauty and vastness of the ocean.

And we shopped.

It was all good.

Hugs,

Cats

It's such a blessing to be able to spend
Old 10-21-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I was somewhat hesitant to post my thong picture, (ya all know how a thong makes your hips look big) but here goes:

Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Obviously I am computer challenged. Last night I sat at the computer trying to resize my picture of Ann, the "Queen of Whine" and the picture of Mooselips in her fabulous thong. Boy, does that girl know how to wear a thong or what! Anywho, for the life of me I couldn't resize a picture. Got SO aggravated, but then had to "let it go". Hmm, wonder where I've heard that before.

So stay tuned, ladies and germs. I WILL post some pics tonight of something beautiful, silly or just plain stupid cause we hit on all three and we LOVED IT!

Hugs to all,
Hangin' In
Old 10-21-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Just have to let you all see Ann's interpretation of the huge 6 foot wing span and fangs of the Dragonflies...:

Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bless Ann's heart. The dragonflies I saw were 2 inches at best. But we do grow things big in the south, so maybe she just saw a huge one that got by me ... But her impression of the killer dragonfly is priceless and a bit scary.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Wow .. what a wonderful thread

I truly enjoyed seeing all the wonderful pics each of you posted

Thank you ladies for sharing .... Very uplifting and such a pleasure to read

Love and hugs,
Passion
Old 10-21-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing the pics~~you girls look beautiful
Old 10-21-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and the fun.

The fountain of youth pictures made me laugh......
ah youth is wasted on the young.

Where do I sign up for the next trip?
Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Did we mention that Moose just kept begging and begging and begging us to please let her perform her sychronized swimming routine? As you can see, she was sitting on ready! (We had to explain to her that professional synchronize swimmers do not have those straps attached to the nose plug. But I think she was just so afraid she'd lose her nose plug and end up with water up her nose!)

Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Now I really hate to bust these gals' sweet and innocent images, but I just have to be honest. On the trip to the Fountain of Youth, well they were just out of control. Obviously these girls weren't content to drink the water that had already been poured for them. OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they just had to go beyond the fence to get their own!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing! You all are such a blessing and it's a treat to put faces with the wise "voices"! Looks like a wonderful trip for all!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Notice Ann is keeping an eye out cause she knows at any minute she can get busted.

And sure enuf .... BUSTED!!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

you guys are the best! Thanks for the grins!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Regarding this pic, Moose was hollering, "I can't sit on this thing for very long. SNAP THE PICTURE!!!!"

Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

And last but not least ....

If any of you want to know what it's like to sleep with a queen, well, just PM me...

Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I really did have fun with my new crown. When the girls acted up I could put it on and announce that I AM THE QUEEN and they'd all just humour me and bow and treat me like royalty

Who knew a few years ago that we who came here as broken people, people who forgot what it was like to laugh and who lived our lives in fear...who knew we could find people who understood us and who would become friends for life?

One of the finest gifts of recovery are the beautiful people in my life today who walk the path with me sharing their light. And I am grateful.

Hugs
Old 10-22-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Right back at 'cha, Ann!

I never knew I'd hang out with a queen, a moose, a cat in pj's and jodyhepler (who does something that has to do with the law ... or does she just play that role on SR??? )

Six years ago I had no clue as to the gift my HP was about to give me. And I can apply that same thinking to my entire life now, thanks to recovery. I remind myself that if He provided the gift of these friends through my recovery, there are probably more gifts around the corner.

And I can look at my AD, or my other daughter for that matter, and realize I do NOT know what kind of gift their HP has in store for them, but I know He has them in His care.

The trick to all of this is that I have to keep working on me, working my program. My HP, through the 12 step program, has restored me through the changing of my thinking. Stinkin' thinkin' used to be the name of the game with me, but through recovery my HP has shown me a better way to think.

As I look back I had no idea what my HP was about to do in my life when I crawled into the rooms of SR. As one of my friends say, "I came into recovery on a stretcher." I feel the same way. And the folks here at SR were waiting on me, reaching out and were so kind to share their experience, strength and hope. I will never be able to repay them, but what I can do is share my experience, strength and hope for the next person who comes crawling in. What a privilege!

Hugs to all my SR family,
Hangin' In