View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Right back at 'cha, Ann!

I never knew I'd hang out with a queen, a moose, a cat in pj's and jodyhepler (who does something that has to do with the law ... or does she just play that role on SR??? )

Six years ago I had no clue as to the gift my HP was about to give me. And I can apply that same thinking to my entire life now, thanks to recovery. I remind myself that if He provided the gift of these friends through my recovery, there are probably more gifts around the corner.

And I can look at my AD, or my other daughter for that matter, and realize I do NOT know what kind of gift their HP has in store for them, but I know He has them in His care.

The trick to all of this is that I have to keep working on me, working my program. My HP, through the 12 step program, has restored me through the changing of my thinking. Stinkin' thinkin' used to be the name of the game with me, but through recovery my HP has shown me a better way to think.

As I look back I had no idea what my HP was about to do in my life when I crawled into the rooms of SR. As one of my friends say, "I came into recovery on a stretcher." I feel the same way. And the folks here at SR were waiting on me, reaching out and were so kind to share their experience, strength and hope. I will never be able to repay them, but what I can do is share my experience, strength and hope for the next person who comes crawling in. What a privilege!

Hugs to all my SR family,
Hangin' In