Why do I let this happen over and over??

Old 10-16-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
Have you read http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ddicts-do.html ?

Forget he's an addict right now, your entire post screamed sociopath. Why you? Because you are there.

A therapist told me that when contempt permeates a relationship, there's almost no going back. This man is behaving like a sociopath and is contemptuous of you.

Let me ask this, given the current events:

Why him?
Good stuff, Chino. Sociopaths need victims to survive.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WOW! After reading about sociopaths, I researched it and now I feel worse than before. I have not gotten ot of bed, just stare at the walls. I don't even know what to say anymore. I am pretty sure my A suffers from this and keep wishing I was wrong. I found a great web site that explains this sociopath/psychopath. I once heard my A sufered from bipolar disorder but he deied it when I asked him about it? I don't know myself anymore and hate myself for getting invoved with someone like this for so long.

Check out Profile of the Sociopath

Profile of the Sociopath

sounds like him I I am afraid. I feel sick.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Figure. Sometimes when a person goes in for a psych eval, the Drs will ask if they are taking rec or other drugs. I supposed that is because, as some have said, the drugs can mimic certain personality/mood disorders or mental "illness" (hate that word). Conversely, I think it also works the other way when an addict self-medicates to help an underlying psych illness/disorder.

A thorough prof. psych eval is needed to accurately be certain and to treat accordingly from what I understand.

In either case, Im sure it would be helpful to know for your own piece of mind...but probably not integral to you healing since you may never know for sure.

I understand how you feel not wanting to get out of bed some days. His illness has impacted your own wellness. Please try - just get up and take small steps...even the smallest count. Every victory towards healing, no matter how small is a victory towards larger ones. Hang in there!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

That site was so absolutely dead on with my ex, every single step every characteristic is exactly him! That was unreal!!