OT - good news!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Amy, That is great news and all made possible because you stayed clean. My daughter has about $8000 in medical, credit card and other debts which SHE will pay off. I only hope she can do it with the grace and dignity that you did. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

To My Dearest Friend,
in the almost 2 years I have known you we have been to hell and back again, and mostly came out on top, to hear your voice yesterday ( and the fact you waited for me to sit down before bubbling forth with your news helpped as well) and the utter disbelief and elation in your spirit made me remember what it was like being in frount of the judge myself ( you know we talked about it)

I am so proud of you, and the maturity from you keeps rubbing off on me ( which I happen to love)........I just wish it was as easy for me as you seem to make it.............lol
I love you sis!!!! Keep smiling you have a reason to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Hugs
Pamm and Edward ( forgot to tell you he said hi yesterday!)
Old 08-14-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Good for you girl! It's been a long learning road for both of us, sure has not been a bed of roses, But seems like things all sobriety work is paying off.
I'm so proud of you, and really Happy for you!

Keep going girl!! :atv

Love ya!!

:ghug3

Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

((((AMY))))
I am so proud of you and I just love when you post things from your heart. I think you set such a wonderful example of what a person can do if they really want to.
I see that happen in courts here with some judges. I think it is wonderful whenthey try and help someone who is helping themselves as much as you have.
You brought tears to my eyes also and I just know your Dad was so excited and happy for you.
I am happy this year seems to be the turning point to ease some pressure on you. WhoooHoooooo!!!! Keep it up.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Amy,

Please pass me a tissue..... sniff, sniff,
(I am at work)

I am soo proud of you!

:ghug3
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Amy, you are truly an inspiration. I'm so so glad things worked out so well for you, proof that the world can be a kind of forgiving place, and you obviously deserve the opportunities you have been given. Congratulations on having things back under control and for doing all the hard work to get there. Like I said, you are truly inspiring. A success story if I ever heard one. Hugs to you!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Amy. I'm so proud of you honey. Not everyone gets to comes back from hell. I'm so happy that you made it out. Amazed actually, having been there myself. I don't even know how I made it out and I didn't have quite as far to go.

There but for the grace of God...

Happy things worked out for you. It's amazing how our lives can come back together. For me, it's like, what was I thinking all that time? I think I was scared of being clean. I just didn't think I could handle life without drugs.

I just don't know what I was thinking...
Old 08-14-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
cmc

Amy,
I'm so happy for you!
Thank you so very much for sharing your story, especially in this forum.
What you have written will go a very long way to help so many.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
krhea75

I'll take one of those kleenexes and pass them on. Your story and life has touched me many times. thanks.
krhea
Old 08-14-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

this post was the first in a few days of lurking that gave me so much hope!

my AF has lots of debts and now has to prove to a judge that his rehab has changed him and will hopefully let him get a new job!

thank you for the inspiration!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

An incredible and inspirational story.

You are a winner in my book.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Amy-
Thanks for being here for me and so many others.
You are greatly appreciated.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Amy, I am just seeing this now...I am _so_proud_of _you....you are such an inspiration to so many people, in how you have journeyed and how you give back ...I am thrilled for you and you deserve...your family must be so proud ...I love how this all turned out...God really does take care of the rest when we step up and do our part....big, big hugs, grateful
Old 08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Oh My Gosh, I Am Sitting Here Crying Tears Of Joy For You. I Told You It Would All Work Out Because You're Such A Good Person, Next Time Believe Me, Lol.

So Happy For You And So Very Proud Of You!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Impurrfect
Please, let your addicts fall. Not only is it the best way of them hitting bottom, but it gives them a HUGE boost of self confidence when they work recovery and take care of their own consequences. Never give up hope, but when you "help them out", aka "enable", you're taking away their chance to feel proud of themselves, when they do the right thing.
Thank you for this and for being such a beacon of hope for us moms, showing us by your actions that it is possible for an addict to get clean, take responsibility for their lives and do the right thing...without our interference.

I am so proud of you for all you have done and I am thrilled that the judge showed compassion and made this all workable. I think your HP was standing beside you in court.

Hugs :ghug3
Old 08-15-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

(((Amy)))

This Mom is doing the Happy Dance

I am so proud for you!!

It is awesome to see how you have let your HP work in your life, I am grateful and blessed to have you for a friend.

You are a wonderful example of a woman who is devoted to working her program with grace and true humility.

May you continue to live Happy, Joyous and Free

HUGS,
Rita
Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thanks, SO MUCH, everyone!

It's funny...I guess I should have posted this on the SA forum, but this is the forum full of people who have taught me how to live. Being a codie was severely ruining my serenity, and you all taught me how to get my peace back!

I've written the $1000 check to the insurance company, so owe them $375. I'm not worried about what I owe...I have a job and I know it will be okay. Just feels good to have two major $$ hurdles out of the way!

Thanks again...you can all give YOURSELVES a pat on the back, because I wouldn't be where I am today without your help!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

How awesome. How powerful the good thoughts are!!!

You rock. And that judge was awesome. I imagine he's heard every excuse in the book about how how it's everyone ELSE'S fault that they are where they are. But, you owned up, took responsibility and kicked butt.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

all the other wonderful stuff aside....you have been on my mind lately because I know you have been struggling around the $ stuff, so this must be a huge burden gone...so happy for you, girl...
Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Amy, so good to here how your life is going!!! keep up the good work,
love ya
susan