ROLL Call: What have YOU done for YOU today?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ROLL Call: What have YOU done for YOU today?

What have you done for YOU today... yesterday and/or have planned for tomorrow?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today after work I am going home and spend the evening reading a good "trash" novel. Last night I had dinner with a new recovering friend and enjoyed some laughs and sharing. And every day I go to the beach, at least to look at the ocean if I don't have time to walk - reminds me that someone else is in charge of this world.

Being good to myself (and not expecting someone else to) has been a bonus blessing of recovery for me.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler
Old 06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I've decided to take a three week vacation out of the country next week.
At first glance my decision was that I had too many responsibilities to be away.
Blah Blah Blah my over-responsible mind was telling me.

I will free myself and go nurture my spirit, my marriage and my body.
I will walk among the beautiful countryside and the sea.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
you start!
Anvil!!!!!

Hmmmmm. Not much lately. I'm hoping this thread will help me get moving on that

All last week I was doing HOT yoga.. and I've gone not once this week. Maybe I'll go tonight? (if i can get a sitter)
Old 06-19-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I plan to go to the pool this weekend and they are having a festival in town with some rides... Gotta take the baby but im doing it for me as well.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

2 local festivals here this weekend, and we are going to see the Iowa Corn250 Indy race on Sunday. The name is a hoot and makes me laugh. The top 10 Indy racers will all be there... of course I don't know anything about races but am looking forward to the whole experience. I'm also going to plant more flowers along the side of my house. The rains have FINALLY stopped and I can work in my garden again!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wished I had done more and relized sooner before I got pregnant and did more for me. Instead of sitting at the house being the good little girlfriend with no funds. Well cant dwell on the past , gotta keep moving forward. Besides now I have somome I can do stuff with. (the baby) although that does limit how much I can do as all you mothers no how tiresome it can be to take a baby out ...
Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also am planning a nap somtime this weekend. Gotta check with the babys schedule first.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I went to the zoo today, where I am a docent (volunteer teacher), it's one of my joys in life.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Today I am embracing the wonderful day

Today is my 44th birthday and I am enjoying every moment of it!!!!

I accepted when a friend offered to buy me lunch.

I have not "discounted" any compliments today.

I have made a tan appt for this afternoon
and who knows what else I may do the rest of the day
Old 06-19-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BBD

We're waiting for friends right now that we haven't seen in 20 years. This should be a fun night. So~today I fiddled around the house and made some yummy food. This week-end the weather is suppose to be rainy up here but I'm sure we;ll find some fun things to do. No riding the harley thou!! Poo~~~~~~~fun thread!! Smiles, Bonnie
Old 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Why Anvil... Yes you are...... Yes you are!

EVERYONE of you are amazing......

I want to read more!!!!

Keep it up!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
God's Kid

Yesterday, today and tomorrow

Yesterday - brought some conditioner for my hair that cost too much money.

Today - ate breakfast in bed and will have a sleep during the day

Tomorrow - take my daughter (and myself) to the movies

Great thread. Reminds me that I am the person I will spend the most time with, in this life time, so I better treat myself well!

:ghug3
Old 06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Went and got fresh berries (too lazy to pick my own though). Made an angle food cake w/ 1 cup mini choc morsels..choc glaze on top & choc cool whip. Yummmm!
Tomorrow helping my youngest daughter move..we got most of the big stuff already. So we decided after 2 loads we are going to get a pedicure & lunch..then continue.
My grandson turns one tomorrow!!! We are having a big picnic next weekend when his other grandma gets in town. I have to figure out how to send pics...my daughter used to do it for me. I would love to show you guys how adorable he is.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Today I went to play with my little precious grandbaby. She is 16 months old. She really makes me feel good. I just love her to pieces.

This week-end is my High School reunion. We are taking a dinner cruise down the river. It is so beautiful at night with the city all lite up. Then off to some night spots.
Sunday is a mass ( I went to a catholic private all girls academy) then off to brunch.
After that I am going to my red hat society picnic.
My red hat group is really neat. We are not the typical group. We wear jeans, purple t-shirts and red cowboy hats. We are linedancers. Sometimes we go to places and perform. We really have a lot of fun.

Well, that's my whole week-end and I am really looking forward to it.
I love this thread........it's a good way to get to know each other better.

Lois ( Our red hat name......Sweet & Sassy Diva's)
Old 06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I just booked a trip to Aruba today for my 50th birthday in November.

My girlfriend has a timeshare week that will expire this year if not used.
She invited me and three other women to go with her.

I think that may be crossing the line of doing too much for myself today.
But, what the heck.

I am worth it - and so are all of you!

:ghug
Old 06-19-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is a great way to learn more about one another, but my favorite thing about this thread is that you are saying how you are looking after yourselves!!!!!

Which is something I have learned here as being so important.

It's like that song..... "I get knocked down....... but I get up again!"

In fact......... here is that song!

YouTube - Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down) Lyrics

Shake it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me TODAY....... I'm going to turn on the Bob Dylan's Anniversary show........ very LOUD and clean the house!! And SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE my Booooooooooooootay!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce:bounce:bounce
Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I made it through the day. I put one foot in front of the other and got most everything accomplished that I set out to do. I feel like crap, I look like crap - but I'm still trying to hold my head high and do the best that I can for myself and my kids.

I have in the back of my head that sometime in the next few weeks my hair needs cut, colored. I need to go buy some new clothes. I need to start working out again. I've NEEDED to do this stuff for a long time. But it's so hard to even get through the day with the last 2 months I've had. But I DO get through the day. For that I'm grateful.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Callie, Please write down those 3 goals and call your hairdresser TOMORROW! Do it for me, sweetie I know it feels like you are just "going through the motions" but it truly is the path to a better, happier you. I have walked that path and had a best friend and daughter as my personal cheerleaders, "Do your hair, buy clothes, be girly, do make-up, create spoil-me activities" they said. I followed their advice, thinking this is silly and I'm so sad, you know, but it got me where I needed to be eventually, plus I looked so much better and eventually felt that great too!

Per the original thread, I spent the last few days at my lake cottage with loved family members, just got home, and am getting ready to continue watching "Heroes" season 1 -my recovering son turned me on to it and I am HOOKED!

Also, I've been corresponding with my best guy friend from high school, and had dinner with him several weeks ago. He asked me today if he could take me out for dinner next weekend and put this in parentheses in the email: (official date????)

This is a first for me since my divorce going on 4 years ago. I have no expectations or idea what will come of things, but it is so fun to be casually flirting with a nice guy!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceteach View Post
Callie, Please write down those 3 goals and call your hairdresser TOMORROW!
OMG - can you see my hair through the internet? It is long DUE for a trim. I can't remember the last time I've let my hair go this long. I'm the type of person that is faithful about my hair! I promise I will call my salon tomorrow.

Also, I've been corresponding with my best guy friend from high school, and had dinner with him several weeks ago. He asked me today if he could take me out for dinner next weekend and put this in parentheses in the email: (official date????)
Woo Hoo PT! You go girl!! Enjoy it!