ROLL Call: What have YOU done for YOU today?

Old 06-19-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(I have tried to post this unsuccessfully---sorry if it shows up 4 times!)

Abundance: thanks for this thread, we all need reminders to do this.....and shake that booty girl!

anvil: yes, it is part of your charm---and SR wouldn't be the same without it. I bet you looked cute dancing in your car!

Jody Hepler: Trashy ones are the best, sometimes!

Spiritual Seeker: Good for you, have a great trip. I have also decided to take a trip this summer ---by myself in Montana.

katiedid79: do it all---especially the nap!

CatsPajamas: enjoy those festivals! Who cares if you don't know about racing--its the going that's important,

rahsue: Thank you for being a docent! We have a place near where elephant seals come to mate/birth. Those docents are there, rain or shine.

Japic05: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Bonnie: have fun with those friends and eat as much food as you can!

lizw: have fun tomorrow--what are you going to see?

helpus: Happy Birthday to your grandson! And a pedicure.....that would be my favorite thing! If only it was payday!

Lobo: sounds like an awesome weekend reunion, I know you'll have a great time with those sweet and sassy Divas!

ctrom40: Aruba!!!! Sweet!

Callie: you said you got most things accomplished....that is an accomplishment in and of itself! Do those other things for yourself......soon, pleeeeease.

Peaceteach: lots of good things So, did you email anything back regarding the parenthesis???

It was so awesome to hear about all the things you are all doing for yourselves!! When I came home from work, it was very hot and I was tired. I had about 15 minutes to decide whether or not to go to Al-Anon tonight. I logged on real quick, read your replies.....and decided to go. I'm so glad I did. It was a great meeting for where I am today.

Also, went out to lunch with coworkers today. And going to the beach for a classic car show this weekend!

Hugs, Rica

PS- hope I didn't miss anyone....I mentioned I'm tired!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceteach View Post
He asked me today if he could take me out for dinner next weekend and put this in parentheses in the email: (official date????)

Peace, may I just say, "rrrrrowwwwwww rrrrowwwwww"

And tomorrow, I'm going for a morning walk in the woods and having breakfast with a friend whom I haven't seen in three years.

Callie, send us a pic of your new hair tomorrow, okay? One little thing at a time, darlin', fake it 'til you make it. I think you'll be amazed at how one little thing like a haircut will make you feel like a million zillion bucks.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Itisatruth.......that was sweet of you to respond to everyones special things that they are doing.

I hope you have a good week-end no matter what you decide to do.

Hugs................Lo
Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BBD

I love this thread~~It bonds us a bit. It's fun talking about other things then addiction and saddness......We had a great night and it was so much fun seeing friends we haven't seen in ages...and they haven't changed one bit!!!! Life can be good~ if we put ourselves first. And thats a hard thing to do for me but I'm learning and you are all helping me so much. Thanks again for the thread..... Smiles, Bonnie
Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Rica.... very nice of you to have done the acknowledgment!

Hair is totally symbolic for me. It's like cutting off all the deadness and allowing growth for newness! When I had my first born, I had made some major changes in my life... I chopped my hair off in a way of saying goodbye and hello to the new journey.

My guy had grown a beard over the winter and sure enough... the day he left for rehab.... off it went! It was an actual "moment"! I may have shed a tear.... soul mates? I think SO! lol

Hmmmm ... I'm due for a hair cut too!!!!! Although... considering I've been there and done that with the chopping off of my hair... I'm going to pass on it this time. Trim and color! Lord knows I have lots of grey hairs that have popped up over the last few months!

Sing it with me now..... "I'm gonna wash that gray right out of my hair... doo doo dooo doo doooo"

(Actually, I always thought I would go gray naturally, but little did I know at the age of 35... that it would be beginning!)
Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Whoaaaa Nellie!! I was working 14 hours yesterday and missed this.

So, to make up for it today (I dont' work Fridays) I will remain in my jammies until 9 am because I can.

Then I will take a nice walk with my Toby along the walking trail that follows the shore and we'll sit for a while and just watch the water and birds and be grateful to be surrounded by such beauty.

To celebrate the official beginning of summer, I'll buy some more hanging pots and maybe a big bouquet for the house...because the codie is soooo worth it.

My mantra today will be "lolligag" and I will not rush into anything but just let the day flow.

Oh I love these "be good to us" days. Yes, I do.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
11d

To find a stress reliever,...I started running again and have lost 10 pounds! I had lost alot of weight when RAH went to rehab. Then I gained it again, plus some! Running has helped me feel better about myself and I have started listening to "old" music when I run. It is amazing how I hear songs differently than I did a long time ago! I even bought a new pair of running shoes. I cannot remember the last time I bought running shoes! I have to admit that I bought my daughter the expensive ones and mine were alot cheaper! But I did buy me some!!

It is hard to put my self first and do something for me. I always put my kids and family first!
Old 06-20-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I feel so guilty and indulgent when I just think of me! How I rationalize it when doing things for my boys..... I AM doing something for me, cause I LOVE IT!

Today I had the best conversation with my littlest guy...... we were driving and he said ... "Mommy I just want to give you a hug right now.... if we were home I'd be cuddling with you!" So instead we held hands on the way home!

We were talking about favoritism and how I have none. We were reminiscing of the times when he was younger and what a sweet precious baby he was...... and STILL is!

Today my oldest is getting assessed with Sylvan ...... and then I'm taking the boys for their dress rehearsal for a break dancing recital! Stay tuned for a youtube! lol

My youngest is a bit stage fright... so I'm working with him through that.

So while, persay... this is NOT something for "me"........ I am enjoying doing things with and for my boys!

Also, today, we were sorting through laundry and there were belly laughs all around. A belly laugh a day keeps SO much at bay!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

........ to the TOP!!!!!!!!

What do you have going this weekend....... for YOU!!!!!

<---------------- if this is the case....... think of something!!!! Even if it is doing laundry or watering your plants or treating yourself to a bath! YOU are WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!

I am doing the above today / tonight!!! This weekend I pick up my guy and bring him home to begin our journey in recovery...... and will feel proud for all that he has done and that I have accomplished today/tonight....... and the days leading up to this!

I'm also going to return some clothes and maybe even get a hair cut... errrr... I mean trim!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Woooo Hoooo! I have a 4 day weekend and we are heading north of Lake Superior for some time in God`s prettiest country but will be staying at a wonderful hotel with room service and where I will be doing no working nor cooking but just having a wonderful time.

My hardest decision will be which restaurant to go to for dinner

I`ll bring back pictures, lots of pictures.

Have a great weekend everyone and take special care of yourself because you ARE Special!!!!:ghug2
Old 06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yeah, Ann luv your pics, can't wait. I am still sooo enjoying my pedicure from last weekend. And my new bra! I don't know if any of you might remember last summer when I was a bridesmaid (2 months after I became a grandma) in my nieces wedding. I was getting a pedicure & a girl was getting a flower on her big toe & I said it was cute & the guy doing my feet said "no no, not for you, you too old!" Well I rocked out w/ my daughter last weekend. I have a french w/ black on the tips instead of white. The cutest pink & red flowers & each big toe also has a little green jewel thingie. I have looked at these & smiled so many times this week. It is soo awesome. My youngest daughter works at Victorias Secret. She picked out a couple things for me to try on after our pedicure last weekend. I go more for comfort, & just boring beige, white & black. Well let me tell ya, I got a pink bra, with crystal embelished angle wings! I was soo excited on mon I flashed everyone but the Docs!
This weekend, a baby shower & my grandsons first b-day party!

Last edited by helpus; 06-27-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

ah gosh, I'm late, but I did did a few good things for me today.

Strated the day by reading my daily meditations for women book. (I love it..)

Planned a luncheon date for tomorrow, with a cousin I haven't seen for quite a bit.

Started working a list for up North..

Read a little more of my book, "The Woods" (scary)

And took me for a walk...
Hugs, love the thread...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Finalized plans for my vacation next month!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Went shopping for a gift for a friend, had dinner with my Mom. Enjoyed both, so I guess that's for me. New day today... will think of ME.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Another year older today and boy am I old!!!!!! Have been wanting to tear apart the "duck room" for eight years. Sort and pack part of it up. If it is not a Mallard, crock, or antique pottery Off it goes to a box. Started already and having a GREAT TIME!!!!!!

Ann-HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

~ Bumpity Bump ~
Old 05-15-2009, 01:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, it's almost a year since this thread began, but it's a good reminder for me to be especially good to myself this weekend. It's a 3 day weekend here, and I don't work Fridays, so I get 4 days to just enjoy the spring weather and the blossoms that have just begun to emerge on the trees.

I've moved since last year, to a condo that I just love on the water, so today I will get my little chores out of the way, like laundry and groceries, and then will spend the rest of the weekend having fun. There is a wonderful Artist Studio tour here, and since I am looking for some nice art for my place, I will search for that perfect painting that shows the beauty of this area and Georgian Bay.

Hugs
Old 05-15-2009, 01:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good Call on this thread!!

I had a counseling appointment yesterday and went shopping with a girlfriend today. Got a cute new outfit for a big presentation I'm giving in a few weeks.

So basically I'm hotter today on the inside AND the outside than I was yesterday!! Can't beat it!!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:54 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am filing papers to have child support taken out of my ex's unemployment. He warned me that I "didn't want to go down that path" cause I would end up getting less than he offered me (and what I was previously getting) but at least it would be a guaranteed something per month vs. a an iffy something per month from a "recovering" A who got busted for a DUI last month and makes extra money playing an instrument in bars and coffeehouses. If we have to go to court to change things I just have to put on my big girl panties!
Old 05-15-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Optimist

The girls and I are having cupcakes for breakfast and watching "A Christmas Story"