ROLL Call: What have YOU done for YOU today?

Old 05-15-2009, 05:10 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

i've done a lot for me lately, new haircut, found a lot of old friends and have really been enjoying catching up. sat down with my daughter and planned our summer on a calendar - not big things just things we want to do this summer - little things like movie night and picnics, going swimming. we thought if we had it on a calendar we wouldnt let the summer slip away without doing all those things.

this week i started the process to have my front teeth fixed - have had caps on them for years and they were really wearing down and stained. actually one broke so i had to get one but decided to bite the bullet and get two - unbearably expensive but when they are done i'll have a beautiful smile again. just makes me feel better about myself.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Enjoyed watching the sunrise while watering the flowers this morning. The roses are gorgeous, vibrant and smell wonderful...and when the wind gently blows... the honeysuckle growing on the fence mixes in and the scent is heavenly.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

I treated myself to some new blinds, bought some decor stuff to hang around outside the house, got my favorite wind chimes, purchased a new welcome mat and some hanging plants. I cleaned up out in front of the house .. threw away junky ol' things that he had kept around and am turning my house into a home for me and the kids.

It feels GREAT!!!

I have seen him a few times (he came to pick up some clothes, mail, some thing or another) and each time I do I am so glad that I told him he was not welcome here anymore. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I did the right thing for me and my children. He tries to put on a nicey nice act, but I know what lies beneath the facade and I am so thankful that I don't have to live with Dr. Jeckle, Mr. Hyde .. It's like a breath of fresh air and I'm lovin' it!

So I guess I can say the best thing I've done for me lately was get rid of him and all the rest followed

Passion
Old 05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Today I had lunch with a great friend. Then later I will swim my laps for a mile, maybe more. Tonight I will celebrate my Ad's promotion at work. I spent the day at work doing nothing! (shhhh ... don't tell the boss).
Old 05-16-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I slept late, am going to paint my nails, and lye around and drink coffee till I need to shower and go to work. (granted I did some laundry, and catered to the kids) but otherwise, I'm lyeing around in bed allllllll day today!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
BBD

I'm not doing much for myself today. Just trying to get this spring cleaning done. I'm in such aq blah mood lately and can't figure this out. My son is doing great, my hubby is almost done remodeling the bathroom~~~and I'm just in the pits. Oh well~~Tomorrows another day and I do have so much to be thankful for. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 05-16-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

OMG - I looked @ this post and remember posting to it a YEAR ago! I cannot believe it's been THAT long. The pathetic is that I would post the same thing even today as far as my goals. How sad. Thank you for bumping this Abs - it's amazing how as a codie I can/have become so complacent. Wow - a real eye opener.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I've planned another trip with friends
Old 05-16-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Bought the cutest glider for my porch at a garage sale... $3!!! I love a bargain! Made dinner for myself and a friend. Nice. First Saturday in a long time that I am feeling good about being home.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

this may be an old post but it still a good one.

I think today I will not do much of anything. day off, pool day, yeah thats it a pool day.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Tonight: Going to meet an old and dear friend for dinner.
Thursday: Nar Anon Meeting!
Friday: Renting a movie to watch with my son...his choice.
Saturday: Date night with a special guy.
Sunday: Dinner with my parents.

All these things are things I WANT to do...instead of things I HAVE to do! YAY!

OOH! Also purchased (quite expensive) tickets to Phantom Of The Opera..but I'm worth it!!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
tam

this past saturday went to the lake/beach to tan some then went to niece's dance recital with family, sunday cleaned up the house and spent time with my dogs, monday ,sadly my precious priscilla passed away (which was expected so I was pretty much upset all day.....but today I took a nice walk at lunch and going home to do my exercises and this weekend going to the beach again and going to do some running. I also bought tickets yesterday to bon jovi,kid rock concert and taking my niece july 9th