"All About ME" Day

Old 04-18-2008, 10:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ann - I am an animal lover and I just loved hearing that you walk with your cat! That is not something a lot of cats will do. I have a friend in the neighborhood who on the evening walks, and only on the evening walks, with her dog, a neighbor cat tags along. It is the cutest thing, when they stop to chat, the dog sits and the cat usually winds her way this way and that around the dog, and if it's long enough they snuggle in together to wait to go on, and then when it's time - off they go like a parade, all in line! Too cute! I hope to someday get a cat that will walk with me - but, cats being cats, I know I'll just have to wait and see!

Privet - frogs eggs? Now, I have been wondering about this for years! We have a field close to the house, and all of a sudden after the first rains, dusk comes and the noise is DEAFENING - but in almost 8 years of walking through that field 4-5 times a time with my dog, I have not seen but 2-3 frogs. I have always wondered where they magically appear from! No one around here - including the kids - seems to have an answer! Where do you find frog eggs and what do they look like? And where in the world do those darn frogs hide during the day?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, Ann, I spontaneously starting trimming a bush last night about 7:00 PM and wound up doing ALL of the bushes and shrubs around my house; even cleaned up the piles of trash and this morning it all looks so nice! Today will be a little "more about me" than yesterday as I jump in my car to go visit my daughter at college with a little momma love before her finals
Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi all!
My "All about me day" was wonderful!

Went out to an XXX rated dinner with friends, sat by the river, and actually saw manatees making baby manatees! A whole lot of splashing, let me tell you!

The wonder of nature!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Only you moosie... you see all the interesting stuff.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bike rides, gardening, tadpoles and manatee...it's great how "all about us" days don't have to cost money, it's about taking the time to just get out of ourselves and do something fun we enjoy.

Mating Manatee?

Only Moose could find herself a river bank to watch that!!!

I've been preparing to garden too, it's a few weeks too early here to plant, but have put out my table and chairs on the deck and will be adding a lounge chair today. It's been a beautiful weekend, mid 70's and sunny, and a welcome change after a cold snowy winter.

Keep sharing your fantabulous weekends, there's still time to make it "all about you"

Hugs
Old 04-20-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Mating manatee? YIKES better than the snake who greeted me yesterday!!!! Anything larger than an earthworm-I SCREAM!!!!! Went to my 104 yr. old grams, cleaning the carport-snake under a flowerpot. Everything here is headed for high ground-still flooding not far from here. Gram came out and pulled weeds in her containers, neighbor came over-they compared snake stories. Wren has babies in the bird box and we watched it for a while. I sang the old grey mare she ain't what she used to be-gram did not take the hint-I was whipped!!! Got all the plants out of the house and the carport is looking good-gram is smiling.

Dogs got their pool filled and got right in-crazy dogs-BUT HAPPY!!!!!

AH called from prison this am. Sounds great-positive attitude!!!! LOVES the new rehab program, says it makes sense to him. Such a major change!!!!!

Just a great weekend so far. Out to my yard-a true grown up jungle-going armed for the snakes.

Thanks Ann-we should do this every weekend!!!!!