Life is good

Old 04-17-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Life is good

Hey there, I have been thinking of you guys for quite some time. I have been mostly lurking to see how everyone is. I did something unimaganable this year. I thought of "me". After having lost so much time trying to fix things that were out of my control w my RAD for the last couple years, this year I did something for me. I did a 12 week weight loss challange at the gym I joined. It was very similar to the Biggest Looser tv show. I am a stress eater & had gained a few lbs when I got lost in my daughters addiction. There were 2 teams, 14 people total. I told myself if I was going to sign up I would give it my all. Well guess what? I won!!!! Thankfully it went by % of body fat.. but I ost 15.2% & went down 3 pant sizes in 12 weeks. I won a full year at the gym. I only have 1 more size to get down to & I will be at my ideal weight. Yippee. You guys, doing something for yourself can be so awesome!!! I feel great. Ohhh & to top it off...in 2 weeks my RAD celebrates 1 year clean..yup you heard me...1 YR!!!! & her fiance in 3 weeks...2 years!!!!!!!!!! Life is good!! Luv you guys!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

It's sooooo good to hear from ya, skinny. lol
I've missed ya alot. Wow! What a year for you. I'm so happy...

Kudos to rad and rabf. What a joy it must be to share in that.
Tell them Woo Hoo! from the peanut gallery. Meanin' me. lol
Thanks for the update and get your thinning butt back in here sooner
next time. You've been blessed this year and nobody deserves it better than you.
Love and continued happiness from me.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good for you girl. i am so glad your life is good. i am pproud of you for taking care of you. i am proud of your daughter & i wish her & her b.f. the very best.hugs,
Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just the title of your post made me smile.....

so happy to hear that things are going well....

Congratulations to your daughter and her fiance....when is the wedding?
you will be the thin, elegant mother of the bride
yes...life is good

thanks for sharing a message of hope and recovery
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Helpus,

So good to hear from you and even better to hear of all the good things going on in your life and in the life of your daughter.

Congratulations on the weight loss. Now I know it was hard and took great discipline. Very good for you!

Praying your AD and her fiance stay on their road of recovery, and prayers for you, too!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Amnazing what we can accomplish when we focus on ourselves.
I know when our kid is sober it makes it much easier to do that when our mental energy is not sucked up by fear, doubt, worry, stress + anxiety.
You must be feeling " babe - a - licious " with your new lean machine.
There's nothing better than feeling and looking good.
Isn't great to be fit.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Helpus, I feel your joy and share it completely. How wonderful that your daughter has found a good path...and it sounds like a good fiance as well.

Now if I could just share in your weight loss and fitness....

It's great to hear from you. Don't be a stranger we love happy stories and you always brought something special to our family here.

Hugs
Old 04-18-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Helpus,
You go girl!!! Hooray for rad and her rabf. Sounds like the whole family is on a good roll.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey there Helpus....Wow!!!! Good for you!!! You sound fantastic and happy and joyous...Life is good!! Hugs to you and the girls
Old 04-19-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

OH MY GOSH, THAT IS SO GREAT!!!!!!

I too stress eat, after having my last child I weighed 117lbs (i'm 5'6") so I've never had a weight problem, w e l l, now I sure could use that 12 weeks you've had, maybe I'll suggest that to my gym.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It was fun, alot of work, but fun. A couple of the girls only needed to loose like 8 - 10 lbs. You could bounce a coin off them now their so buff. There was a guy that weighted like 300lbs. He did good but had a few setbacks, but got off some of his medications which was wonderful. I was just middle of the road. Needed to loose, but more than 8 lbs, but not a ton eaither. So the % of body weight was a good way to do it. There were team challanges, a cook off with the nutritionalist as the judge, even one week we had to empty our cupboards & bring in food for points for our teams. It actually helped, cuz I havn't replenished the junk food since. Now my before & after picture will be in the local newspaper, yuck...We even had this lady on our team who was 62 years old & 4'11'. She totally kicked butt. She even won a team challange where she held a plank longer than a 32 yr old on the other team. She so rocked. But it is a wonderfull thing for any gym to offer.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wonderful news and it's great to hear how good everyone is doing.
It's good to hear that you're taking good care of yourself.
A success story is always great to hear, they 're usually few and far between, but it gives the newcomers a lot of hope that it can be done