"All About ME" Day

Old 04-18-2008, 02:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

"All About ME" Day

It's been a while since we have had one of these....so I officially declare today an "All About ME" Day right here on SR.

These are days where we just let the rest of the world run all by itself because we're just too darn busy taking special care of ourselves and doing something wonderful to celebrate our worthiness.

Just so people know to back off today and let the codie shine...I've used the SR credit card and bought us each T-shirts so help yourself and let the word get out that today is "all about me".

I'll start (because it IS all about ME day, hahaha)...

Although I am working this morning, I am going to enjoy the beautiful spring weather that I have waiting for through a cold winter...it's going up to the 70's and sunshine all day. So, on my way home from work I will treat myself to a lunch worthy of the queen that I am and I will buy myself a lovely bouquet of spring flowers to brighten up my winter-weary kitchen, and then I shall take my sweet old cat, Toby for a walk through the woods and along the lake....something he just loves too and maybe sit by the water a while and watch all the ducks (Toby loves ducks and tries to quack with them).

I'll take my camera too, it's time to brush off the cobwebs and capture some of God's best springtime beauty and maybe bring it here to share with you.

Just for today I will let every other person on earth take care of themselves and their needs. This codie is OFF DUTY and spending the day "all about her".

How about you? What wonderful thing will you do for yourself today to make the day worthy of your unique specialness? (is "specialness a word? It is now!)

Grab your t-shirt and get out there today and let the world know "IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!!!"

Hugs :day4
Old 04-18-2008, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

OH!!! I forgot!!!

To go with our T-shirts, I maxed out the SR credit card to buy each of us a tiara, genuine imitation diamonds and all!!! So wear it proudly and let the world know that you deserve to be treated like a Queen.

Don't push and shove, there are plenty for everyone, just grab a T and Tiara and shine!!!!

Last edited by Ann; 04-18-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Queen for a day! And I love the tiara! What a great idea, Ann
Old 04-18-2008, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanks ((((Ann))) for the tee shirt and tiara.

I am going to work in my garden today. I have had a large portion of my yard plowed up to make a big garden so I can have plenty to freeze and dry and put away for winter. Love those sun dried tomatoes!

Then after working hard I am going to do a salt glow rub on myself and bathe in an herbal concoction that I have made up for myself and then seal it all up with some organic cold pressed sesame oil which by the way smells absolutely wonderful.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh, Peaceteach and Splendra, you gals are sparkling already!! Let it shine and you maybe want to wear your sunglasses because the light you share today will be blindingly bright.

If anyone asks why you are wearing a tiara with your T-shirt, just tell them loud and clear...IT'S ALL ABOUT ME DAY!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And for the fellas here, you get a tiara too...we're not sexist on this forum and we share everything we have with everyone.

I think Best will look splendid in his tiara and tee, especially if he takes his motorcyle out for a spin, don't you???

Shine on!!!! 8
Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is a great idea. You guys are so cool! Still thinking of what I should do for myself today. Might take the baby and go to the river and let her check it out for the first time.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by katiedid79 View Post
That is a great idea. You guys are so cool! Still thinking of what I should do for myself today. Might take the baby and go to the river and let her check it out for the first time.
Katie, it's exactly experiences like this that create those memories we treasure forever. What a wonderful way to spend a "ME" day and sharing it with a beautiful baby makes it twice as special.

And just a reminder...if sometime today you get "that call" or "that request" for something they need...

:codiepolice
Old 04-18-2008, 04:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

ok ann, i am in line for my shirt & my tiara. i have earned it. i also work today,3-11pm.that is ok. this morning i will let the house work go &will get my shovel & the flowers i have parked in the wheel barrier & plant away.i love working in the yard but have not taken the time to do it. they have been sitting there for a week now.here i go for some of that sunshine to beat me in the back. i love this !!!! who will be next??
Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Woooo Hooooo!!! You get out there and shine, Hope!!! You're shining already because I know this has been an awful week for you and you deserve an "All About ME" day more than anyone I know.

You go girl!!!

:day4
Old 04-18-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Right behind Hope in line for a shirt and tiara. Going to be a "beauty queen" in both, along with my knee high garden boots. Plan to try to get out and see what I can do with our giant downed trees from the wind storm-if I don't sink. Plant more veggies-first ones drowned! Check out the flower beds and see if they can be salvaged.

Hope, sure hope you don't have pups. I plant-they dig it up and bring it back. Bad dogs!

Also, going to my 104 yr. old grams and clean her carport-she still does container gardening. Storms or no more storms-she is ready to start in for the year.

Great idea Ann-Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OH MY GOSH Ann

I was JUST going to post an official proclamtiona declaring today an All About ME Friday.

Great minds do think alike!

Today I am having lunch with a recovery friend. My sis in law is going to be in town tonight, so we will go out for pizza and laugh ourselves silly. If the rain stops, I'll take the dogs to the dog park in the afternoon.

Do they make tiaras for dogs?

I love AAM Fridays!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Was feeling depressed, and took a nice long bike ride with the baby. Made me feel loads better and now my headache is gone.

Collected some frog eggs a few days ago, and now they are tadpoles! Gave some (not all! I want to see them grow too!) to the neighbor kids today, and they were so happy. It will be a hopping mad frog party here in a few weeks.

Also, going to make stuffed zucchinis for the hubby. He is not much on vegetarian, but I feel like having a healthy, vegetable filled weekend.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I have to finish out the workday, but then I have great weekend plans!
I recently bought a new pressure washer and I'm giving the house a nice spring bath, followed with a fresh coat of paint on the doors.

I know, doesn't sound like a ME day but I love love love to play with power tools. And the best part is its outside...FINALLY!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love frogs. I might have to find me some tadpoles as well.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Me Next!!!!!

Today, I work from 8-5 but I started the day off making myself feel GREAT by acheiving an exercising goal. I plan to go home and chop up my veggies for some peasant soup tomorrow evening. (I love to cook) Then I hope to get a good nights sleep because tomorrow I'm letting the housework go to go spend the day with my DAD. We are going to plant his and my moms vegetable garden with corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, jalepenos and green beans! My dad has already tilled up the land and he should be tilling in some soil tonight so tomorrow just me and my dad to plant the garden. Its going to be in the low seventies and feeling great. The rain on Sunday to give the new seedlings life!

Its been a long time since my dad and I have done something together like this. We didn't have the best relationship growing up and I had held some serious resentments toward him up until about a year ago when I let them go, even though he stopped drinking close to 15 years ago. He's gettin older and I want to enjoy the next years together. I love to garden and to nuture things to life and I have been looking forward to this since February.

I can't wait!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Well, let's see............

AFTER I stop by Splenda's house cause I'm SURE he has enough of that salt glow/herbal concoction/organic sesame oil press thing (can you tell I don't have a clue about this stuff?) to share, I'm going try to pull myself together (I might be so relaxed that I'll be good for nothing) and decide what to do AFTER work.

Yes, no getting off early for me, but you know, I'm going to put on my attitude of gratitude and be thankful I have a secure job which earns me a decent living. So after I finish earning my living, I'm thinking I might just take a walk on the wild side and go to ........ Home Depot OR Lowe's! Oh, the choices I have to make... Going to look for some bedding plants/perennials/shrubbery. I need a little of all of that.

Tomorrow will be "work my fanny" off day cutting my azaleas back. Not exactly what I'd love to be doing, but thankful that the weather will be pretty and I'm healthy enough to feel like doing it. Besides, if I don't trim them, they will be so tall you won't be able to find my house from the street.

Great idea, Ann. I'm trying to concentrate on work, but I'd much rather think about what kind of fun I can have when I get off today.

ISN'T IT 5:00 SOMEWHERE??????????????????????????
(Will wear my tiara and t-shirt tomorrow while trimming the azaleas. Will give the neighbors something to talk about.)
Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hangin,

Be sure to bring out your fan or your parasol too, so you won't be glistenin'
Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yesterday was really all about me! I celebrated my birthday with flowers and a butterfly cake! Every day is all about me, too if I choose it to be. At least remembering to take part of the day for myself! It does get easier with practice.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

All About Me! I took a rain-check, altho - mornings, when I can these days, I make my fresh French Roast coffee, get my half-n-half, and spend about a half-hour just enjoying being!

When the chaos is over - my AAD is going to be jam packed! Looks like we have a lot DIYers on this board, and I'm right there with you! The yard needs some TLC - and when I'm in the backyard, I'm with my baby-boy dog who I lost in June; we spent so much time back there together his last two years - it's really a special place. Then there's all sorts of little things to do that will require trips to our little (now growing big) hardware store across the street - hammers, and screw drivers, dusters, mops - grocery stores, pots, and cooking what I WANT TO cook! living!

Thanks Ann - Dreaming of my whole perfect AAD day, was such a lift! I didn't know about these! I look forward to many more.