Phone call, and update

Old 02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Let's see, if I get in my car right now, I can be there in uh....maybe 4 hours.
Ya know, Moose, I've had SO MUCH stress lately, a condo on the beach is sounding very nice about now...

Ok, alright, so I won't bust in on you and Mr. Moose. Just promise you'll enjoy every minute and remember that you HP has the plan for your son. I'm praying that your son will see the plan this time.

Hugs to you and Mr. Moose,
Hangin' In
Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
BBD

Glad to read that you arrived safely and are enjoying the tropical winds. Its so cold and rainy up here that I'm actually visualizing you and Mr. Moose breathing in the warm Florida air. Have a great time and I'm praying your son does wonders for himself and new baby on the way. Maybe this will be an awakening for him......Smiles, Bonnie
Old 02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Afternoon everyone,
Well oldest son went to court this a.m., they are "sending" it to Cleveland BIG courts, so he'll have to go there for court in 3 months, or whenever.

He has been calling me almost daily, and we've had some nice chats.

Until this morning.

The other day, he asked me why I wasn't very excited about his GF being pregnant, and I told him honestly how I felt.
NOT that I believe in abortion, mind you, (I am pro-choice) but I explained how I feel.

Which is:
He is 34 years old.
She supposedly is 18.
He is not working.
She is not working.
He may go back to prison.
That makes for a dangerous, and very sad environment for a new baby.

Yep, that's exactly how I feel.
(And if you don't want opinion, don't ask.)
I didn't know I was on speaker phone, and still don't care.

Well, I guess GF heard everything I said, and began thinking.
Now oldest is off the deep end, and getting all arky barky.

He even called the youngest son, who happens to agree with me and Mr. Moose.

Anyway, the bottom line is, I realize I have no control over the situation, but I still believe I have the right to state my opinion, which I did, nicely, and gently.

It is just WRONG to bring a baby into his dysfunctional lifestyle.

Yougest son said that oldest son is acting like having a baby is some kind of competition. Good grief.

Yikes.

(I think he'll not be calling me soon...but knowing him, he'll cool off and call and apologize)
Old 02-08-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Moose:

Sounds like you've got a good recovery going there. I'm praying for your whole situation.

I know it's heart breaking to think your own son is corrupting others by being a supplier, but i think that selling to friends, family, and acquaintances is way more common than selling to strangers.. almost like he is doing a service (like us when we know someone in our circle who is a body mechanic and works out of his garage to do it).... hope that helps...

I would really appreciate it if people would call me if they knew my son was selling, using, anything to do with drugs/alcohol. One of the reasons we have this plaque of drugs/alcohol addiction in this country is that people keep this information to themselves thinking it is none of their business.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

We have every right to express our opinions when asked. My big problem has always been giving unsolicited advice...I'm working real hard at stopping that defect.
Though sometimes I wish I had just said "I love you, I know you'll do the right thing."
It has got to be hard to get excited about becomming a Grandma, given the situation.
Addiction puts a cloud over most of our involvement with our AS's. It doesn't take much for them to have a resentment. Sometimes we give our opinion just because we "tell it like it is" from the standpoint of what we think is objectivity.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Moose,

Thinking of you, sending you and Mr. Moose big hugs.

Cats
Old 02-08-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hugs from me too.....no wait!!! I'll come to Florida and give you the hugs in person.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
On a tear

" getting all arky barky" Well now, sister, you just gave me a great new way to describe that addict behavior. I love it!

Course, I hate to think what you might call MY recent behavior... itchy bitc*y?

You rock, Moose. Really. You have maintained a loving relationship with your sons, no matter what. And isn't THAT the primary purpose of our program? To love the addict/alcoholic while still drinking or not?

I love my kids... adore them... and for a long time, I think I almost worshiped them. What gifts they are... and to me, who didn't deserve them.

That thinking is part of what has fed my disease... and finding a "balance" is a dance I'll be stepping to for the rest of my life. But watching you... you just seem to glide, you know.

Thank you for your posts and your updates. They help me... very much.

((((Moose and Sons))))
Old 02-09-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Moose,

Good Morning.

Lucky you (and Mr. Moose) for having the opportunity to enjoy the lovely Florida weather and the beach.
Did I mention that it will be 7 degrees today in Chicago. Yup, 7 degrees.... on top of the 10 plus inches of snow we got recently. (Not to mention the 2 feet of snow that was already here)

Do I sound jealous, well I am!

I am sorry that you are having all of the telephone drama during your vacation.
But, us Codie Moms/Dads are kinda like big, important Doctors.... always on-call.

Hey, that's why we get paid the Big BUCKS!!!

Enjoy,
Colleen
Old 02-09-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Now you all know, for sure,
I would invite you all down if we had a little more room here....

Love ya all...
Old 02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Moose,

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. I know you had a beautiful day today there in sunny FL.

Re the kids (yours and mine) we're Step One, just totally Step One. But I think we can say what we mean without saying it mean...like you have done.
I know that no matter what I say or how I say it, AD doesn't hear what I really mean. Go figure. I think we speak different languages!

Peace returns when I get the focus back on me. So why do I have such a hard time doing that sometimes? Uh, could have something to do with hardheadedness! But at least I know it and I know what I SHOULD do.

Here's praying we can keep returning to what we know to do and what we know works.

Hugs and prayers,
Hangin' In