Phone call, and update

Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Phone call, and update

Hi all,
I called youngest son last night to let him know where we are, and he gave me some not so happy news.

Somehow, perhaps the last time he saw Oldest son, he answered his cell phone for him. It seems the phone call was from my niece, my brothers, 17 year old daughter, who I love as if she's my own. She asked for oldest, and youngest said, this is his phone, he's busy who is this? She said who it was, and now the info has trickled back to me.

Also youngest son, knows oldest son was supplying, Mr. Mooses sisters, two kids, a son, 18, and a daughter, 23 with whatever.

So...after not much thought, I called my brothers wife, and told her exactly what I knew. Which isn't much...
but you know what? I'd want to know.

My SIL, is now going to tell her daughter, that detectives have my sons cell, and her number is on it, and ask her why that would be.

I can cope with my son in jail, where he belongs. Bond is $2000.00, and he can't pay it.

BUT, this,to me, is really really low.

I can't stand dealers, and obviously, neither can the police.

Hugs,

P.S. The weathers nice, here in South Carolina...AND the sun is shining, and NO snow!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just sending you some hugs, and remember that your SIL's children are adults, making adult choices. Doesn't excuse your son, but if they want to do drugs they would have found them from someone else sooner or later. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

True Marle, but it sure sucks to find out your son is the dealer.
(although nothing much surprises me anymore...)
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BBD

Oh Boy Mooselips, It just doesn't end, does it?? You can't even get away from the drama of all this going on vacation. My hearts with you and your hubby.You right~~I'd wanna know too and you did the right thing.I did try to call you but realized your posting from afar!! Have fun and try to enjoy. Smiles but not a happy camper either, Bonnie
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You know I love you and pray for both your boys, and this really stinks but is out of your hands, yes?

What I really came here to post to you was news of a blizzard from hell today that shut down all the roads in two counties with winds up to 80 miles an hour...so enjoy that sunshine and beach and know that you kids' HP is watching over them.

Love ya, Moose, and am greeeeeeeeeeen with envy.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Aw, Moose, this stinks.

All I know to say is to suggest you do what you already know to do ... work your program. As much as we hate it, we just have to let this stuff go. I'm glad SIL knows and I'm glad that the niece will know before long, if not already. Maybe it will scare her straight. Let's pray for that.

And in the meantime, I'm praying that this time in jail will be used by your older son to rethink his life. I just have to hope and pray, Moose.

Glad y'all made it so SC. It was BEAUTIFUL here today...sunny skies in the 60's. Just think. You're going to have that most of the winter! You enjoy, Moose. My gut tells me your HP had these plans for you to be in FL long before you and Mr. Moose even planned the trip. Detaching is SO MUCH easier when there is distance!

Hugs and prayers for all of you,
Hangin' In
Old 01-30-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Ah, Diane.
I know what you mean, though. My son was dealing for a time in Pennsylvania
to support his own addiction. If for a moment, I found out that he had sold drugs to someone near and dear to my heart....idk.
You can't take blame for what your son did/has done. You just can't.
Marle's right. They made an adult choice and decision. It just so happens to have been a cousin that was the supplier.
I remember smoking pot with my brother when we were 16. We got it from a cousin. Neither of us enjoyed it and never continued to use it again.
It doesn't matter who the dealer is. What matters is, is the person using it enough to become addicted to it? Some of us get addicted, some of us don't.
I'm sure your brother and sil don't blame their nephew or you for that matter.
Please try to let this go. Enjoy your sunny and warm climate in good 'ol South Carolina. Leave your troubles behind, sweetie.
Love, hugs, and prayers, to you and Mr. Moose.
Enjoy your trip.
Linda
Old 01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Moose)))

I'm sorry...
And I understand why you called too.
I hope you can let it go now, and enjoy that good weather. I'm jealous too! And ready to move south! But, I thought you were in FL? What's with S. Carolina? And what part, if you don't mind me asking?

Trevor is out on a mission again. He's cut work and school, and I've not seen him for days. So, it's time to tell him to leave. With everything going on at school, and my mom, I don't have room for it.

So, as Hangin' says, it's much easier to be detached from a distance.

Prayers for all involved, Moose.
But, especially you and Mr Moose... :ghug

Shalom!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hiya Teach,
We're on our way down to Cape Canaveral Florida. It just takes us 4 days to get there, cause we mosy on down! Right now we're in Columbia, S.C. and tomorrow we move on to St. Augustine!

BTW, I'm not taking on any guilt concerning son selling, using, etc. But it's just somewhat sad, you know?

And this p.m. SIL called me back, and said her daughter was jumped after school by another girl. So my SIL, went to police station and filed assault charges. The girl who assaulted my niece is in the 11th grade, and has a child.

MY opinion is, they have a child while in High School, they should then have to go to adult education classes for a GED and drop out of High School. Grrr
My SIL says when girls get pregnant and have children while in school the other kids "glorify" it.

This is also sad to me...
whatever is this world coming to?
(I must be getting REAL old cause I just don't "GET" it)

Hugs,
And...the above is purely my opinion, take what you like and leave the rest...
Old 01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Geez Louise...I don't get it either Moose.

I'm sorry about your son's recent escapades but I gotta tell you...the way you are dealing with it inspires me. Your son is in my prayers... and I hope that you have a very relaxing, peaceful trip with Mr. Moose at your side. I too am extremely jealous because its supposed to drop down to 4 degrees here tonight and then tomorrow we're supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow. I'M SICK OF @##@!*&^%$# WINTER.

Go soak up some sun and look at some pretty flowers and think of all your codie friends freezing their little (ahem...maybe not so little) patooties off up here in the great white north.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
To Life!

Your SIL is right!
They *do* glorify it; bring their little ones in for everyone to coo over. Others think it's some*thing* that will love *them!*
They got it backwards...

Today, at my new school, a little one @ 4 years old, ran into my advisory class from the nursery. Yep. We babysit the kids kids so they can continue their education. As we feed them both breakfast and lunch. At taxpayers expense, of course. :wtf2

I know all the arguements about keeping the girls in school. Letting them continue their education -- just as the boys have always been able to do. But, perhaps a better answer to the problem is to have the boys go out and get a job to PROVIDE for the babies they make, rather than let them off the hook by making the taxpayer pick up the tab and the childcare!

Just like you, Moose, these are my opinions only. And I've seen it upfront for over twenty years. It ain't working, and it needs to be fixed.

Anyway, enjoy your trip, and time in FL when you get there!

Shalom!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Moose)))

I'm sorry about the situation, but am so glad you are on your way to Fl! I'm jealous, too.....I lived in St. Augustine for a year and absolutely loved it. I was 1/2 mile from the beach, worked 3rd shift at the hospital there, and would go to the beach every morning and watch the sunrise.

I have to say, I agree with you on the babies having babies. My 15-year-old "niece" (her mom is my best friend) got pregnant earlier this year but miscarried. Her mom is in prison, her dad doesn't care about her, and I'm convinced she wanted a baby to have someone love her. She had no clue about being a parent.

Enjoy St. Augustine and the mosey-on-down-to-Cape-Canaveral trip. Your son has his 3 hots and a cot and will probably be there for a while.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i am sorry about this moose, but you & mr. moose handle things well. enjoy your vacation. hugs & prayers,
Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Moose -

It just doesn't end, does it? At least you are not in the snow. I'm really sorry about all of this chaos. You inspire me - detaching with love is what I see shining through here.

Keep us posted on your trip. When you return home, let me know if you go through Charlotte. I'd love to meet you in person!

Love, Donna
Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Well((((Moose)))) I hope you packed light cause I know you didn't intend for this to be a guilt trip.

As always my dear you and your family are in my prayers.

My best wishes go out for you to enjoy your vacation. And I am jealous that you are in Florida btw...
Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

'Never ends' was my thought, too. May I humbly suggest you disconnect your phone for the rest of your vacation???

As far as your SIL - in my NA program there is a belief sprinkled throughout the literature that the sole reason for our suffering and hard times is to be fully equiped to help the next person who comes along and is suffering in the same way. To me, this seems a hard truth - and I'd like it better if God made me a little less 'helpful' - but it could just be your are now 'positioned' to be of maximum service, experience, strength, and hope to your SIL as she may be about to enter our exclusive little club of parents of addicts.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Moose

MY first thought was how awestruck I am by your recovery. You've come a long way, baby!

I don't think it was wrong for you to contact your SIL. As you said, I would certainly want to know! And I really like what SleepyGoat said:
it could just be your are now 'positioned' to be of maximum service, experience, strength, and hope to your SIL as she may be about to enter our exclusive little club of parents of addicts.
I wish you and Mr. Moose a wonderful sunny day, full of love and laughter. And I'm also insanely jealous as it was 6 below zero here... and we are expecting more snow.

Snowy hugs to you and Mr. Moose
Cats
Old 02-01-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Good evening all,
Well, Mr. Moose and I reached our final Florida destination.
I hate to admit this, but we have the sliding glass door open and the screen in place, the weather is wonderful.

Meanwhile...dum da dum dum daaaa....

Oldest son has been released today, per the judge, on his own reconniscence.
He called as soon as he was out. Anyway, he told me they drug tested him while he was in jail, and he was clean, and has the paper to prove it.

He was somewhat upset that I wasn't really really supportive, but I said actions speak louder than words, let's see what you can do.

He wants to do 90 in 90, so it's good talk...we'll wait and see how he does.

Also, he said he really truly wants to change his life, since his GF is pregant, and he wants to be a good father...
Miracles happen...

Time will tell....

Hugs to you all,
Old 02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I know his actions need to back his words, but I'm feeling a lot of hope around this, Moose. Good intentions aren't enough, but they sure are a good start, yes?

Now move over and let this Canuck have a little of that tropical Florida air.

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Enjoy every minute, you both deserve a great vacation.

Hugs and Love
Old 02-01-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Moose -

So glad that you arrived safe and sound....and I'm glad that I know someone that is enjoying warm air. That sounds like really good news from your son. Every recovery begins with a beginning and maybe (hopefully) this is the one for him. It sounds good. And I know that you will continue to enjoy your vacation.

Keep us posted! Donna