That was so hard

Old 01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Nikki,

Maybe he was hoping to get you to come too because maybe he feels he has a better chance of manipulating the money out of you face to face?
Old 01-18-2008, 04:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I am trying hard to stick to my boundaries.

nytepassion - I never thought of that. He could be thinking that. Though with his dad there it is unlikely. He would be more likely to ask his dad for the money then me since he knows I show his parents the budget every week. But he could be thinking that.

Either way it doesn't matter because I am not going up there no matter what he says. Travelling in a car for 2+ hrs one way with a 3 month old and a 3yr old is not appealing in the least. And add to that the stress of being in that enviroment. Nope I will pass. He comes home in 6 days. I can wait. And so can the kids. In fact I think it would be better for them not to see him there. Our 3yr old has finally calmed down and I think if he went and saw him it would cause him to act out agian in frustration. So for everyone it is better if we all stay home.
Nikki
Old 01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

One of my RABF's friends at rehab has little kids at home. I think my boyfriend said that his friend doesn't go home to visit much cause it throws his kids off. Little kids don't grasp the concept of rehab, and wouldn't understand why dad is leaving them again. I think you are probably making a good choice to just wait until their dad comes home. Gives them some structure at a difficult time in their lives.
Hugs, Vanessa
Old 01-19-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well now I think you were definately right nytepassion, though I do also think he did also want to see me and his sons too.. Yesterday when he called he asked me if the unemployment check came in. I let him know it had. He then agian asked if I could send the money for the wallet. Guess he found a way to cover the cost for the smokes. So I prepared myself for another explosion and said "I am sorry I already answered that question on Wednesday." and then I asked him what he would like as his coming home supper. He has been telling me how the food there sucks and how he misses my home cooking. So first he calmly said "Ok, I will find a way to take care of it then." (talk about shocked. I almosted dropped the phone. I am not kidding you.) and then he let me know he would love to have his favorite which is scalloped potatoes and honey glazed ham. I am still in shock. After the blow up on Wednesday, like WOW. He only asked for the Wallet money so I asume he figured a way to cover the smokes. I am still not sending it but this is improvement right?

The rest of the conversation was planning games for the day he comes back that he will be doing with the kids. Some of our friends wanted to take them for the night but we decided that they missed him just as much as we missed each other so it will be a family day when he comes home. It was a very pleasant conversation. Different then all the others.
Nikki