Falling to Pieces

Old 01-01-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Falling to Pieces

So far no word from my missing son. NOne of the people he was hanging out with no where he is. I am really starting to freak out.

His gf and his other two friends said that he was going to kill himself by jumping from the bridge. I am starting to believe that this is what happened to my son. I am really starting to believe that he killed himself.

I am really feeling terrible.

I just don't what to do or who to turn for.

I feel like this is just one big nightmare that I am stuck in

Thanks for listening.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((( stephensmom ))) ((stephen))

I can hear the pain and fear in your post. All I can suggest is to hand it over to your HP... and I know you might have to do that 100 times a day!

I am sending extra strong prayers and hugs of love and peace across the miles.

Cats
Old 01-01-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs!!! I hope you find the strength to get through this difficult time. And hopefully you will find some answers soon.
Vanessa
Old 01-01-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs and Prayers
(+) (+) (+)
Old 01-01-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sweetie, my son has been missing for over 3 years and I could die in grief imagining all the terrible things that could happen to him.....or...I can say a prayer each morning and give him to God and then live my day trusting that God is watching over him.

I will add your son to my prayers, and all the addicts who are missing. We may not know where they are, but God does and watches over each one. God loves all His children, even those who suffer with addiction. Trust that, okay?

Hugs from a mom who waits also.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
krhea75

Stephensmom,
so sorry for the chaos. I wish I could give some magic advice that would help. all i can say is you stay strong, girl. Our children can hurt us like no one, but it's up to us to take care of ourselves. hugs.
krhea
Old 01-01-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

((((((((Stephensmom)))))))))))))) & (((((Stephen))))))))))

Prayers for you during this time. I understand the fear of the unknown, not knowing where they are. Listen to Ann. She knows and can be an example for you.

When I didn't know where my daughter was, my mind took me right into awfulizing thinking the absolute worst. She surfaced and was okay even though in my mind I had imagined the worst.

Your son's HP is watching over him even when you don't know where he is.

Hugs from this mom to you,
Hangin' In
Old 01-01-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm so sorry for the fear and anxiety you have. I'll say some extra prayers for you and your son. Try to do something that can possibly take your mind off of things, even if its for a few minutes at a time. I know how hard it is to sit and wonder what, where, who and whys.

stay strong

hugs and prayers
Old 01-01-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Stephensmom)))))))

Try to avoid the "stinkin' thinkin".
It will destroy you, if you let it.
Sending you prayers for strength through this difficult
time of not knowing. I pray you hear from him soon.
Stay connected with us, family, friends, meetings, anything
to keep you busy.
Your in my thoughts and prayers,
Linda
Old 01-01-2008, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Ya know as I read my post over again and a few others I see how easy it may seem that we are giving empty advice as far as trying to take your mind off of things or give it up to your HP ect.. but we have all been through this (and still go throught this) so when we say these things it is from what worked for us. As hard as it sounds to do you really must push yourself to take your mind off of it and give it up to your HP ect...
We know how bad your hurting, we really do, and we give the advice we know works for us.

hugs and prayers
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Rahsue is right. Sounds "so easy". As we say in our meetings "Reads easy, works hard."

One time when I was freaking out and knew if I stayed by myself it would only get worse, I called my neighbor/good friend. I told her I HAD do something....move a muscle, change a mood. We got in the car, went on a day trip. She and that tripped helped save my sanity that day.

Call a friend, go see someone, do something for someone else. Doing for others is the quickest way for me to get outside of myself and my mind. My mind is like a bad neighborhood....I DO NOT go there alone!

Prayers for you,

Hangin' In
Old 01-01-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and prayers for you and your son. I have been there and thankfully lived through it. Most of the time it is never as bad as our worst thoughts. Like the others said, try to put the focus back on you. Go rent a comedy, make some really decadent treat and then sit back and enjoy. You don't have to stay in that dark place. It is okay to have some joy in your life despite where your son is and what he is doing. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-01-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have been there many times also. Praying for you and your son and that he will be protected while he can't protect himself.
susan:sorry
Old 01-01-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((stephen's mom)))

I've been in that place of fear too and the only thing I knew to do was pray ... so I'm sending huge hugs and prayers to both you and your son.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((stephensmom)))
First of all, take a nice deep breath....
Everyone can tell you to not awfulize til they're blue in the face, but you know what? It's what some of us mom's seem to do. (although I do it alot less, honest...)

It's hard to think rationally when your kid is missing, and you haven't heard hide nor hair of him. But, I am thinking positive thoughts that he is just fine.

So...for the time being, get out your One Day At A Time book, and Courage To Change, and start reading. I'm betting you will find a page that will get you all back together, and alleviate some of your deepest fears.

It's going to be okay, and no matter how hard we worry, our H.P. and Stephen's H.P. is right there with him.

hang on,
Old 01-01-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sending more mom hugs your way.
I agree, try to turn this over to your HP and his HP for protection and guidance. Hang in there.
HUGS
Old 01-01-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

so sorry to hear about your son! I am a newcomer here but have also lived thro this and still am we all have to stick together and let go and let god!
blessed prayers to you
Old 01-01-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Not much to add, but my prayers. I've been there for months at a time and its a terrible place to be. Be Strong, Take care of yourself - that you can control. Keep the group posted.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sjr

prayers for you and your son. i hope you get some answers and hear from him soon. try not to let your imagination run wild. we mom's usually do come up with scenarios in our head that are much worse than what reality.....stay strong & do something for you.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The last time I heard my son's voice was on my answering machine on Christmas at 10:00 p.m. I wait anxiously for a call. I have my cell next to my bed, "just in case". I know he's avoiding me because he thinks I would be disapointed. I would never express that to him now. Maybe someday when he's been clean for years. Right now all I want is to know he is o.k and that I love him unconditionally.