I am alive and well!!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Thumbs up I am alive and well!!

To all you wonderful friends and family of SR:

I am taking this moment to drop in and let you know that I am alive and well. And better than I was and have been in quite some time. I still have a ways to go but I am concentrating on: "progress... (be it small), NOT perfection!"

There have also been large strides in our relationship with AD. SD is home for the summer (had her gall bladder surgery) and AD has made a concentrated effort to try to see all of us and to have our grandbaby see us too! AD nearly knocked Mr. M and I over this past weekend by talking to the both of us separately and together to tell us she was sorry, to ask for forgiveness and to tell us that it was not our fault for what happened. She said if we hadn't been such good parents, she would not know what it meant to be a good mother to her daughter! (knock us over with a feather!) We are having a joint birthday party for grandbaby and I and using it as an excuse to have a good time!
(Sounds good to me)

Job is going well; I have passed all my reviews with flying colors, which was a surprise to me and I am enjoying what I do. Cannot believe the fraud ideas that people come up with but with all I have been through in my life, I guess I shouldn't be surprised at anything.

Our computer was down for a couple week but we now have high-speed and anyone who knows me, knows that this is a really big deal for me. Yippee! So, someday, I just might be able to post a picture! lol

I have missed everyone but I have come on and silently read posts so I could keep up with everyone. I'm still taking things slow and easy and taking the necessary time for self-healing; both physically and emotionally.

I'm glad you have kept my seat for me - it's nice to come and sit a spell.

Love y'all!

Marteen
Old 08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so happy that your life is going well, Marteen, especially the relationship with AD and baby. How very far she has come, yes?

Miss you lots but know what busy means, but keep dropping in and updating us.

Your post really made my heart smile tonight. All is well in Marteenville.

Hugs
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Well, Ann, it was until I read that you guys forgot me on your way to Moose Island! I had my pail of troubles ready to take with me, too, and leave there! lol
Old 08-01-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

marteen,

I am happy to hear good things are coming your way. often your posts have helped me and it is nice to know that things are unfolding so nicely for you now. you deserve much happiness.......hugs to you.......dixie
Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i am so happy that things are going so good fpr you. glad you took the time to post.i have missed you & wondered how you were.prayers, hope
Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Marteen,
Trust me, there was plenty of room for you to bring your bucket of troubles and drop them at Moose Island. Moosie's driveway is about a quarter mile long and is the most beautiful thing I've seen in awhile..... just lazy river kind of thing with greenery and a bunch of cute little frogs.

You were with us in spirit.... and we love you for it!

Hugs
Cats

PS glad to hear things are going well with your daughters. Isn't it grand when they start to see the bigger picture?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Wow!

and it is good to see you as well.
What a refreshing visit you have brought to us.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((marteen))

It's great to hear your smiling voice! You've been missed. I get to join the grandma club in about 7 months. (-: It is so good to know your daughter has come so far!

Hugs
B
Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

marteen,
It's so nice to hear from you, and thanks for sharing all your good news!
hugs,
cmc
Old 08-01-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh Marteen, I'm so happy to hear that things are going well for your family!!! That is awsome!!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ahhhhh Marteen, I'm so glad to see you and hear your good news. Wow...your daughter sounds like she is taking many positive steps forward. She's so right...you and Mr M gave her all the love and tools she needs to be a good mom to your grandbaby.

I am just tickled pink that all is well for you and you are healing, growing and finding peace. You have made my night...I was thinking a lot about you recently and poof...here you are. Love you Marteen...Hugs and prayers for all of you!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Marteen,

So good to see you. And so glad to hear things there have been some nice surprises as far as AD is concerned. I am absolutely convinced this has come about because you and Mr. Marteen got out of the way and let her figure these things out for herself. Can you believe the nerve of them (our daughters), doing this to us? NOT LISTENING TO WHAT WE SAY and figuring it out for themselves?

Didn't know SD was having gall bladder surgery, but then again, I've been in and out of here, also. So glad she's home and doing okay. I know you are loving have her there.

And I knew you'd handle that job just fine. I have a feeling they'll have you training others before long!

Big hugs to you and all the family. Wish we could talk more, but life just has a way of keeping us busy, ya know?

Love ya,
Hangin' In
Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Marteen,

It is so good to hear your (electronic) voice and so good to read of your growth and recovery. Inspiring!

Hugs,
GL
Old 08-02-2007, 03:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Marteen, So good to hear from you. Life's blessings are coming your way. Kind of like a reward for all that you have been through God never takes away that He does not give something back. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-02-2007, 04:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((((((Marteen)))))))

Oh, your post did my heart good this morning! I am so so so happy to hear about the strides your AD is making. Just more proof that miracles CAN and DO happen. Thank you HP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy that grandbaby...and this precious time with your SD too.

I've missed you but I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the new job.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs...
Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
krhea75

Marteen,

I'm glad you are good, and I'm glad you are back. You are needed here.
krhea
Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
On a tear

Well...look what the cat dragged in!! (no, not OUR Cat, the "proverbial" one..smile)

And with a pile of just outright great news. Soooo good to see that horse of yours, Marteen... I've missed ya!

Your AD is making strides... one step at a time. Big hugs to all of you for sticking this out.

((((hugs))))) ((((andmoreHUGS))))
Old 08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

What great news about your AD talking to you and your husband. If my daughter did that my mouth would just stay open in total shock! What a great advancement for all of you. Glad she wants the baby to know you guys better also. Thanks for your good news post. It gives me hope.
Terri
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
President

I've missed you soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost cried reading about AD and everything she said. I'm just so happy that everything is going well!!!!!!

Luv ya!!!! And miss ya!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Marteen))))
What a WONDERFUL note, updating us all!
(And thanks so much for your message on my thread too...)
It's just great that AD is getting the message. And growing by leaps and bounds it seems. Trevor's gone though those periods, but, I'll be honest, there's some back sliding too. He reverts to old thinking from time to time, and it's tough to deal with. But, just as it is with us, it is progress and not perfection with them too.
I hope you all continue to grow in your recovery.
And give my love to SD. I didn't know she was having surgery!

Shalom, friend...shalom!