I am alive and well!!

Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Marteen, I remember when I first came here and I used to read all of your posts.
I remember how hard it was with your AD. Life sure has turned around for you and your family. How happy I am to share in your good news. Keep us posted.

Hugs.........Lois
Old 08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Marteen)))))))))

Sorry I'm late. I'm so happy to hear from you.
Blessings to you and your family.
Thanks for poppin' in. Take care of you.
I think I speak for everyone, when I say, "We love you!"
Sending prayers,

Linda
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Thank you all.

No matter what happens with my AD, I have that sense that I will be able to handle it. The recovery tools I have acquired here and throughout my recovery have certainly taught me to enjoy those "little" things while I can, NOT to have unrealistic expectations and the complete knowledge that no matter how much I want to, I cannot control the behavior or actions of anyone else!

I'm just very content right now for it to be what it is and that it has come from HER prompting, not ours. It makes it even sweeter - there was no coercion from us! Whatever happens, will happen. This time, I will be ok, and believe me, that's quite a miracle.

I never, ever thought I would ever hear my AD admit anything and at the very least, whether it is true or not, even say that she is sorry and is working to make things better for her and her daughter. To be honest with you and I told her, it is for her and her daughter that it needs to be done; they are the ones who need her to be a responsible, caring adult.

I can only pray, enjoy what is and still live my life, able to recognize the possibilities and the pleasures.

Hugs,
Marteen
Old 08-03-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Marteen I came to these boards not long after than you. I remember so much of what you, Mr. Marteen and SD have gone through. I have to be honest here reading your update has brought tears to my eyes. We need to hear the good stuff, the positives and that there is hope. Thank you for making my heart feel warmer this morning, and thank you for giving me the smile I am wearing today.

Hugs,
jewel
Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((marteen))) its been a while indeed.....I'm so glad to hear of the things AD is doing now....it sounds like she's on a good path for now!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

awwwww ((((((marteen))))))

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo happy to hear that things are moving in a loving direction WOW. You so deserve it. I am thanking God over and over. It feels so good to read what has been happening with you. Your victory is ours too!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
let it grow!

wonderful to hear from you, marteen! k
Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Hi Marteen, glad you stopped in.
Hope everything is well with you and your family.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wow...just wow.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

(((marteen)))

I have been thinking of you and can't tell you how good it is to hear from you and you sound GREAT!

Originally Posted by marteen View Post
AD nearly knocked Mr. M and I over this past weekend by talking to the both of us separately and together to tell us she was sorry, to ask for forgiveness and to tell us that it was not our fault for what happened. She said if we hadn't been such good parents, she would not know what it meant to be a good mother to her daughter! (knock us over with a feather!)
What growth for your daughter (in HP's time, not ours) and I am just tickled for you and Mr. M.

love & hugs ~

deedee
Old 08-05-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

AD called me today to thank her dad and I for asking her if she wanted an extra TV and DVD player we had; and for her sister giving her her old Saga game system. She said that we had no idea what it meant to her to have us trust her and give her some things she needs. She said it really felt good to feel part of our family again and we don't have any idea how much she missed us! I tried not to cry until we hung up; but for the first time in many years, these were certainly tears of hope and joy~

I have to say that her actions and those of HP have brought me to my knees.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((((((Marteen)))))))))

Ahhhh, my friend, glad to hear things are progressing. Baby steps, each step is closer and each day a gift. We've missed you here, but glad you are taking some time and sounds like your daughter is making progress. Every little step is cause for celebration. I can literally hear the happiness in your post and rejoice with you!!!
NSW
Old 08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Marteen, it's so good to see you again. What a blessing that your daughter is seeing clearer and is working so hard to repair her relationships. Her breakthrough gives me hope again. Hugs
Old 08-06-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Thatswayworldgoesround

Marteen:

This is such wonderful news all the way around. Hope is a great thing that we hold out as a candle, and I'm so thankful for your relationship with your daughter and getting to know the grandbaby. Your post meant the world to me to read............

Love,
Bets
Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks again for sharing your good news. That's what it's all about - sharing our experience, strength and HOPE.

I'm so happy for all of you!

Hugs
Cats
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry i'm so late on this, i haven't had the chance to read through all the post but i'm so happy to hear that things are going so well for you and your family. go ahead and have fun with your party, you deserve it. i'm still praying for you and your family