Old 08-03-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

No more words, just hugs.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I found this in my file of Recovery Stuff, and it seemed to fit:

Today's thought is:
. . .i beg what i love and i leave to forgive me.
--Lucille Clifton

When a loving relationship comes to an end, we don't have to view the ending as a failure. It is not a failure when separation comes after we've understood that fundamental needs and wants cannot be met in the relationship. We have done our best. We have soberly and maturely faced the truth of our need to move apart. We have communicated this as openly and lovingly as we can. We can count this ending not as a failure, but as a success.

Whether we experience an ending as something we ourselves have chosen or as the result of another person's decision, we will have to experience our feelings of grief. At first, we may feel only anger; underneath may be the pain of loss. If we allow our feelings to surface and don't deny or deaden them, we'll be surprised at how easily we're able to let them go. We'll feel our hearts expand and make room for love, both from ourselves and from others.

Today I'll delight in my honest, moving relationship with myself.

You are reading from the book:

Glad Day by Joan Larkin
Old 08-03-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

I like what Cat posted. I have a woman in my Al Anon group who always talks about how she ran from her feelings. Today she knows better. She realizes she has to feel the feelings, like you said Teach. And the trick, as I've learned, is not to STAY in those feelings, but to move on. And when I try to go back and visit them (yeah, my nutty self will do that sometimes), I have to remind myself that revisiting only hurts, and that I can't do that. That's that deadend street I talk about...just takes me nowhere. And eventually, I have to turn around and do what's right for me.

Here's to moving on, Teach.......

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 08-03-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Teach wow you never had a pedicure??!! When you get home all your gonna want to do is look at your feet. They are gonna look so pretty.. I am sure you will get another pedicure within a couple of weeks after this one. Please let us know how your day turned out!

jewel
Old 08-03-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
To Life!

I just got back from the spa.... ahhhh.....

And I've still never gotten a pedicure. I decided to get the acrillic nails instead! I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow! My friend, whom I mentored his first few years as a teacher, is getting married, and I'm going.

The message was MAVALOUS DAHLIN!!!
The facial fantastic!
The nails look wonderful!
And I had a great time.... I will be going back. And I promise, Jewelz, I will get the pedicure next time! :>)
I'm also gonna ask my doc for a prescription for a back message. OMG, it helped soooo much! It felt wonderful, and they said I'll feel even better tomorrow! YEA!!!
I just wish I had a great big tub to soak in right now...

Ann, you're right. I do deserve that which is good in this world. For so long, I put every extra dime into other things than myself. Do you remember when I got my ruby recovery ring? I still wear it and think about what you said. It reminds me that I have the right and the responsibility to give to myself too; to fill my trough with pure fresh water and to drink it in.
And I'll always thank you for that message!

Cats, your message is a real heart warmer for me today. I admit, from time to time today, I began to think about this whole mess. But, I put myself back into the moment each time, and enjoyed. And yes, this is a successful end to a relationship. One that's cost far too much and given far far too little.
Today, I will delight in my honest relationship with myself. And I will give myself room to allow love into my life.
Thank you! :>)

Cece, I, too, am comfortable with myself.
As a good codie, I often wish I could "fix" the world and all those in it.
As a recovering codie, I recognize my limits and my obligations to myself. I will be good to me. Thanks too for your message! :>)

Hangin', I had a professor who taught me to make a decision, and not look back.
Now, I'll be honest, I've often had a hard time making decisions. But, this one was a no brainer for me. None of them are in a position to be judgemental. And to deny my son his connection to his past; and to his grandpa; is unforgivable. I'll take a lot on myself. Don't do it to my kid, as BigSis pointed out. It's enough.

Tropigal, I have a lovely home by the beach. They will never be there again.
Thanks for the hugs, Lady, and for the support you all give so lovingly.
You' are helping me through this crisis.
I will do my utmost to stay in the present and to let this go. There may be moments of pain, but, we don't end a lifetime of memories and shared moments without that. It will be ok.

Shalom, my friends....
And thank you all... :>)

Last edited by historyteach; 08-03-2007 at 01:04 PM.