A Penny For Your Thoughts

Old 04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Did anyone notice the part about my yard has water moccasins? Im hating it.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh yeah, are they posinous? cinder i cringe at the thought of snakes, i don't see how you do it. see i'm petrified when it comes to snakes and lizzards and stuff like that. thats the only fear i have of living near the water. i love to fish, but is so afraid of snakes, till i haven't gone fishing since the last time we when and walked up on a snake, what kind was it? i don't know, all i know is that it was a snake, didn't stick around to try a figure out what kind it was.

you are a good one.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

oh i didnt know that about the turtles being over produced. yes we have some land thingie too on our tank. he gets sun everyday because where we have him is on the porch by a window with a lot of sun...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm sorry yall, but i don't like turtles and they are not cute.LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Moccosins are extremely deadly. I hate them I dont do snakes. My husbands killed them with a shovel and then I saw what they were.

Kat is the turtle a red ear? Pet stores, flea markets ect sell them. SOmetimes they are not kept in the best conditions. Then when they get big people dont know what to do with them
Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Mine are cute Teke.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wow, what a nice thread.. just to type it all out.

What am/have I been thinking??? Yesterday I was exhausted.. My CH BF disappeared for about 6 hours the night before... work was busy and the boss wa a jerk.. these are timed when I would call my best friend and he would walk me through it ..... that was before the drugs came back. Well adrenaline ran out at about 9:00 a.m. yesterday morning and how I got through the day... I have no clue, but I did.. I got home about 9:30 p.m ran upstairs and crashed like a brick.. My CH BF could have disappeared all night and I would not have known nor did I even care at that moment.

Today is a better day.. He did not do any drugs last night so he is "normal" he made me laugh a little while ago on the phone and that is always nice.

Ok.. thse are my thoughts.. I feel better now.!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Yeah a clean night. I just love those
Old 04-04-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
grateful rca

inlove

glad to hear that today is a better day, remember to keep the focus on you, you seem to be doing good with this for now. still praying for ya.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well do yall keep these turtles in water, with the fish, i don't understand keeping turtles. i still don't think they are cute, cinder, but i will take a look at some just to see, when i get to the pet store.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by bluesgirl View Post
I am continually amazed at how many times you could substitue the word drugs for whatever it is that we codies are struggling with and write the exact same sentence!

Wishing you all well with your fish tanks!
seems like you can apply something from working recovery to every area of life. i think that a lot of normal people can benefit from working a program of recovery, too, i think we codies are all a bunch of wise people, including me, sometimes.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Yes I have fish with the turtles. Occassionally one will disappear.(usually the sick or weak get picked off.)

Teke, its hard to see how cute from the petstores. You have to watch them gracefully swim through 20 inches of deep water to get the full effect. (or when they jump off their dock and swim to you waving their front legs begging for food.)

I know youve seen my pictures
Old 04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Are you saying Ima ddicted to my aquariums?

Well your right. Its called Multiple Tank Syndrome (MTS) But as it was said before atleast Im not pawning the DVD player for more
Old 04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Old 04-04-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Yes I have fish with the turtles. Occassionally one will disappear.(usually the sick or weak get picked off.)

Teke, its hard to see how cute from the petstores. You have to watch them gracefully swim through 20 inches of deep water to get the full effect. (or when they jump off their dock and swim to you waving their front legs begging for food.)

I know youve seen my pictures
what do you mean, one getting pick off?

and i remember you said that you feed something, either the turtle or the fish, those small fish? thats mean cinder isn't it.

i remember seeing the pics and the pics are good, but i guess i'm kind of afraid of turtles. maybe if i could watch them at work, that would be different, i don't know.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Why yes we are and I think that the assignment now is to go back to the things we like about ourselves page and add a line about being so wise and absolutely fabulous!

Cinder I did catch that on the water moccasin. And you say you're scared of Texas??? Of course we do have rattlesnakes but I've never hid the children because one was in the yard! LOL
ok now, rattlesnakes? and what do you mean, you never hid the children? lord, i think that i need to stay away from the water. i saw a rattle snake in the zoo and like to have past out.

cinder, you are doing just fine with your MTS, better that than some other stuff you could be getting into. like worring, so go right ahead, you already got me buying fish, keep talking to you, you gonna have me buying turtles, i see how you could enjoy watching them swim.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

The turtle only catch the weaker fish.
If those feeder guppies didnt mass produce and eat their own babies it wouldnt be a problem
Old 04-04-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you know, i thought i used to see little babies in that water, they ate them, the guppies i mean.n well, learn something new everyday.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Why yes we are and I think that the assignment now is to go back to the things we like about ourselves page and add a line about being so wise and absolutely fabulous!

Cinder I did catch that on the water moccasin. And you say you're scared of Texas??? Of course we do have rattlesnakes but I've never hid the children because one was in the yard! LOL
Im afraid of driving through Texas.
So if there was a particular week you were finding lots of rattlers, sat mating season, youd just send a small child out in the yard? Moccasins, dont try to get away and only strike when cornered. They are aggressive and come after you. There are rattlers places here too.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
grateful rca

look, anvil, you are talking about giant mosquitos and BEARS, that walk around in the woods, alone, without cages and trainers?

man i'm staying close to atlanta, see yall trying to spoil my vacation, where am i gonna go?