Meth

Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meth

This may seem like a pretty dumb question, but here it goes.
Would I know if AH was using meth?
The reason I ask is that I know for sure that he is addicted to pain killers. But, sometimes I wonder if it's something else?
How much money would he be spending on meth?
Before I went to rehab he was addicted to pills. He didn't have as many rages or mood swings as he does now. He never went to buy pills from someone else- he always dr. shopped and switched pharmacies, etc......
Is there anyway I would know?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are no dumb questions except the ones you have but don't bother asking. Would you know if he was on meth....I think yes and no. You will see something but you will not know how to identify what your seeing. In my case my xagf was on meth among other things and really I knew something was wrong but had no clue as to what. Meth would and could in a bender be costly but compared to say other drugs its realitivley cheap. Rage and mood swings sounds very much like meth. Increased sex drive, disappearing acts when on a benge, sudden cases of the flu or colds that last 3 or 4 days and they are better. Meth is a sex drug and a nasty one and it was easy for xagf to hide it from me or just lie if i questioned her. If he is on meth I hope you start now and begin protecting yourself. Take care and welcome to SR.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is alot of differnet ways to tell. I have seen so many people affected by Meth. It is an evil drug. Most people who use meth stay up all night. And when they crash ( come down) they are mean. their eyes (pupils) are usually big. Some chew on their lips, jaws. and most people dont eat much if at all. Hope that helps. My sister is addicted to meth. and she does all of that plus more. So I feel for you.
I wish you the very best.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My AH doc was meth... just wanted to add to the list...
night sweats & can't sleep at night were tell tell signs he had been using.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by lostndconfuzed View Post
This may seem like a pretty dumb question, but here it goes.
Would I know if AH was using meth?
The reason I ask is that I know for sure that he is addicted to pain killers. But, sometimes I wonder if it's something else?
How much money would he be spending on meth?
Before I went to rehab he was addicted to pills. He didn't have as many rages or mood swings as he does now. He never went to buy pills from someone else- he always dr. shopped and switched pharmacies, etc......
Is there anyway I would know?

Everyone is different. In the beginning, $40.00 lasted me a month...
It was like that for a long long time....
But of course that never lasts......
Only one or two people ever did find out about me...
I used it more to keep the weight off and stay awake though...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keith had all of these things too. He was smoking crack but he could have been doing meth too...An addict will do whatever is available to get high
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by patchoulli View Post
Keith had all of these things too. He was smoking crack but he could have been doing meth too...An addict will do whatever is available to get high

Not true, that's one of the reasons why I don't call myself an addict.... I never did anything but meth... Had many opportunuties to coke, crack, anything was available to me. I've tried coke and crack both. Hated them both....
There was Nothing I wanted or would do, besides meth...... My roommate had coke, etc... on him all the time, wasn't for me.....
We're not all the same...... That's why I just commented that I do think it is harder for some than others..
But I do see what your saying, I've seen/heard that alot...