Why did you come to SR and what has it done for you?

Old 01-15-2006, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Truth Seeker

I came to SR because I was looking for help for Families of Alcoholics,facts,interventions & Detoxic programs. I found the forum by clicking a wrong link. A blessing in disguise. My life was falling apart & i was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. My bottled up emotions were finally about to explode. My dad just had stop drinking out of nowhere.. but the abuse between my parents was getting to a point that i couldn't sleep at night. For the last two years I was lost and I was stagnet. I was watching everyone move on with their lives & i was stuck because of my dad. I finally reach that enough point that i wanted to get out & I knew something was wrong with me after reading so many books, looking online, and realizing that I was depress. I was fed up with my life, my dad, my dad's lifestyle, my dad's A and with putting up with his s***. When I first came to SR i was in total shock to find so many with similar upbringings & feelings like me. It was a very painful realization for me that it took me about 2 weeks to stop crying everyday about. I am still techinally new here. Haven't posted much and it's been barely a month but i have seen change in me. It's been small but significant. I have gain allot of courage because of the support here. I don't know all of you & barely know a few of you, but you are my friends. I turn to you guys for help, advice, comfort, and for a push. I finally started seeking the help I was too scared to do and i knew that if i wasn't here i prolly wouldn't have seeked help yet. I would still be a talker and not a doer. I have gain hope for my future and hope to live a happier life without my AF. I have SR to thank for that. SR saved my life.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

When I first got my computer and got online the first thing I did was a search for addiction help "Sober Recovery" came up and I have been here every since.

My first posts were lost in the great crash of '04 and I had to sign up again. Maybe my first postings was what made us crash. LOL... While the crash was going on and I could not get on I knew that I needed this place. I remember how grateful we all were when we could communicate with one another again. This is the only forum I have ever joined but, I am forever grateful that I did....
Old 01-16-2006, 06:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I came here from dealing with my AH problems. This forum is GREAT!! it is to be able to talk to others who UNDERSTAND what I feel, what I have gone thru, etc. Plus I love being able to perhaps help someone else who is in a tough spot due to alcoholism.