Went and bawled my way through a dr appt

Old 09-19-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went and bawled my way through a dr appt

So I am normally a pretty in control of myself person. Today I just lost it. I have gained a lot of weight, and am having some health problems. I have had a lot of anxiety about seeing a new doctor this morning. All of this is unlike me, I am not normally scared of much. However, it is what it is.

I am happy to report, I found a doctor who has a body/mind focus and plans to work with me over the next year to get myself where I want to be both body and mind. It was good to hear that even though I bawled through it, he did not think there is anything wrong as far as depression, etc. He thinks I need some good supplements, and I agree. This was after a long assessment and talking with him. I was very open and very honest. I have been on medications in the past and I think they are just not working for me. He took many tests and depending on the outcomes we will go from there. If the supplements don't work, we will try a different medication until we find the right one.

I am already feeling more in control. And bonus. He is part of a group I subscribe to monthly which means I don't pay any extra to see him for office visits. And they don't mark up labs at all, which means an entire battery of labs and a prescription for a medicine we changed to a different one was less that $70 total. I only had to pay the meds and wholesale price for labs.

He then personally called me from his cell phone after I left to let me know one lab had already come back and I have a UTI and he told me what to do for that.

I am feeling so much more in control and so much better already. I plan to incorporate more healthy foods, more exercise, and more meditation. He not only wants a report of my blood pressures, but of when I meditate and how I felt before and after.

Anyways, just sharing for myself really. My dad has alzheimers and is in the late stages, so I think health has become much more of a priority, and death has become more scary sadly. I am going to lean on God and my support system.

Thanks for letting me ramble on. If you are scared of something today, tackle it. You will feel better after, I promise!
Old 09-19-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hopeful,

I'm glad you found a doctor that you can trust and be open about. Bonus that he's part of the group you subscribe to.

Health is very important. As I have gotten older I realize this also. I have already lost one parent to Parkinson's disease and a grandparent to Alzheimer. So I know the pain. Look after yourself and as I tell everyone. DRINK YOUR WATER.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's brave hopeful, you conquered that today.

Yes, sometimes we bottle this stuff up and it just flows on down our faces whether that is at an Al-Anon meeting or at the Dr's office.

I'm happy for you that you found someone that can really relate to where you are and is showing concern for that. Before you know it you will be feeling much better.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're not feeling well but glad you found a Dr. that doesn't just throw medicine at a problem (unless needed) and that you have a plan in place. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Support, love, care, strength, peace, serenity and
lots of understanding sent your way Hopeful4.

Sometimes having a good cry is healthy for us. It
purges out things inside us that we try to hold onto
and it becomes to much for us to handle alone or
by ourselves.

I'm so glad to read the progress you made with
in this day. So much positivity and help along the
way.

You are now doing the 'footwork" necessary to
become healthy and strong in heart, mind and soul.

Continued blessings sent your way emmediately.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Old 09-21-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, so happy for you! Here's to improved health and happiness!
Old 09-21-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So glad you sought this self care! And that it is already helping! I am sure treating the UTI will help too, those are not fun. Hugs to you!
Old 09-21-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 09-23-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you friends. I am feeling a lot more in control.

I made pretty good choices over the weekend. I can see clearly what the problem is right now. We are so BUSY. With sports and school, it's crazy town. So...that means we eat out a lot which is not good. I did manage to eat out twice over the weekend and still made good choices. Today it's lunch (work meeting) and dinner (friends meeting up). I have it all planned out so but still it makes it a lot harder to eat right and leaves very little time for the exercise I need.

I did do something relaxing yesterday which surprised myself. I made a wreath for my front door. I put in laundry, got out all the stuff in my little room, turned on a movie, and just had the most relaxing time being alone and creating a pretty fall wreath. It's the small things folks.

Anyways, thank you all for your caring, friendship, and encouragement. I cannot even begin to explain how important you each are in my life.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-23-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Breathe Deeply

"Learning how to inhale completely and how to exhale completely is one of the best energizers,"
There are many breathing techniques that can reenergize and revitalize.

May you have a beautiful day, my friend.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Funny you bring this up Mango. Part of what I am doing is practicing meditation. I have been trying a different one each night. The breathing excercises bring on relaxation for sure. It's wonderful so far.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hopeful4,

I'm glad you are feeling more in control. You right about the small things. they are the things that bring joy to your heart. Someone can give me gifts, but you really want to bring joy to me, Do a chore that you don't normally do with out me asking for you to do it. That will fill me up with joy 10 times the amount a gift will. Have great day and keep strong.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I found that when I am sleeping well everything else is so much healthier including my weight. I use an app called"calm", that has meditations, white noise, bedtime stories (which at first I thought was a little weird, but when I can't get to sleep it really does the job.)
Old 09-23-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dawn, thank you! I will check that out. I have been doing random meditations and I do use an app for white noise and have used that for a long time. I have been sleeping better I have to say.

Thanks again friends!
Old 12-22-2019, 08:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi hopeful,

How are you doing this week?
Old 12-22-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Uti can knock you for six, especially if it was going on for a while. Try binearal beats for sleep, always helps.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The power of suggestion is huge and helpful to many
who are learning how to live a peaceful life in recovery.

Some 29 yrs ago, when I was in a 28 day rehab stay,
they used subliminal music as one of the activities to
learn about and incorporate in our daily life once we
were released.

I took that lesson home with me and used it each
day in early early recovery, sitting outside with my
earphones and cassette player listening to relaxing
music to promote calmness and strength within.

This binaural beats is similar to that. It's listening to deeply
relaxing, positive energy boosting meditation, angelic, nature
music that helps to heal, release stress and love ones self as
well as sleep and relaxation.

I still have those wonderful helpful cassettes around here,
those little gifts that were extremely powerful back then
yrs ago, and now you, we, us can find them right on our
computers, phones to dial into for instance relief from lifes
everyday worries.

Again, thank you for that reminder, because, no matter
how much recovery time one has behind them, every little
bit of help in strengthening our own personal recovery life
foundation is worth it.

Keep moving forward each day sober and free
from the bondage of addiction.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Mango, thanks for asking.

I am doing pretty well. I have been much more in control of my eating and have been sleeping well. After the holiday gym right by my work is having a big special, so I plan to sign up at that time. It's close enough that I can go at lunch if I want (we have a shower here).

It's very warm here for the season, so I am having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. I am about to be off work for 8 entire days, and I am beyond excited about that.

My kids will go with their father tomorrow for several hours. I am pretty nervous because he is ALWAYS a train wreck on XMas Eve. Last year was terrible. They expect it sadly. That being said, there will be other family there that will keep them safe and they are old enough to know what to do. I am not letting it control me with worry and will continue to celebrate the day with my family. And I will pray.

My Dad has really went down hill. He is in late stages of his Alzheimers and it's hard to see. That being said, the place he is at takes good care of him and that is all we can ask for. They show everyone a lot of love. We will go visit with him for a while on Christmas which will be hard.

It's a lot of change, but I am trying to embrace the changes and make sure to stay busy.

Thanks for checking in on me!! Merry Christmas to all!

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Hi hopeful,

How are you doing this week?
Old 12-23-2019, 01:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is good