Still trapped and losing my mind.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Call the police, tell them he is being violent, has locked you out (you have rights too), and is destroying property. That will get them there and get all the options.

Huge hugs.
yes, they will tell you the options.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

yes, they will tell you the options.

I have. They are of no help. The system is a money sucking scam. My only option is to up and leave.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Can you track his movements at all? Know his schedule? I had a room mate who owed us money, and she came over to the house whenever we weren't there to pick up dishes, pots and pans (a few at a time, it was weeks before we realized) pick up her mail and a few clothes, and vanish.

If you knew when he was at work, could someone swoop in and collect a week's worth of clothes?

Sorry to hear about Kitty. Hope you can make her remaining time comfortable. I had surgery done on mine: not the biggest mistake of my life, but probably in the top ten. The process did not extend her life, just brought more discomfort.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

If he keeps locking you out, you may need to get an order of protection. It's illegal to lock someone out if they're co-owner or co-renter of a property. My XAH locked me out after I left and wouldn't let me retrieve clothes, etc. Since he also wouldn't open the door to be served divorce papers, I brought two sheriff's deputies to the house to 1) force him to let me in to retrieve some belongings, and 2) serve the papers. It was embarrassing and quite a show for the neighbors, but I had no choice. Neither do you!

Do you have a Legal Aid where you live or some other avenue for free or cheap legal advice? As others have noted, your domestic violence shelter should be able to help answer some of these questions.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amusic View Post

I have. They are of no help. The system is a money sucking scam. My only option is to up and leave.
I hear that.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amusic View Post

Amusic, you how you said your mind is like scrambled eggs right now?

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to be resisting all help. There are lots of suggestions here as there were before and you resist getting that help.

Even if you can't make the meeting required, you still could have filed the paperwork and perhaps even presented him with a copy, but you didn't.

Now, again, not judging or blaming you (truly) but you do seem to have kind of a mental block about escaping this situation (which I assume is why you referred to your thought processes as scrambled eggs).

We are not here to give you half thought out answers, we are here to support you. Nothing said here will help unless you take action.

Are you thinking that perhaps this relationship is salvageable? Are you hoping he will come to his senses and shape up and try again? Do you think he stays because he wants to be with you?

I'm just throwing stuff out there but I really think there is part of this you aren't mentioning (which is your right absolutely!) but it's really hard to help unless you tell us what's up. You are not a hostage.

You know I wish the best for you and hope you are safe today.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Amusic, you how you said your mind is like scrambled eggs right now?

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to be resisting all help. There are lots of suggestions here as there were before and you resist getting that help.

Even if you can't make the meeting required, you still could have filed the paperwork and perhaps even presented him with a copy, but you didn't.

Now, again, not judging or blaming you (truly) but you do seem to have kind of a mental block about escaping this situation (which I assume is why you referred to your thought processes as scrambled eggs).

We are not here to give you half thought out answers, we are here to support you. Nothing said here will help unless you take action.

Are you thinking that perhaps this relationship is salvageable? Are you hoping he will come to his senses and shape up and try again? Do you think he stays because he wants to be with you?

I'm just throwing stuff out there but I really think there is part of this you aren't mentioning (which is your right absolutely!) but it's really hard to help unless you tell us what's up. You are not a hostage.

You know I wish the best for you and hope you are safe today.
This post is more for me to keep track of the instability/chaos of my situation, like a timeline. As I'm extremely busy in my daily life , and while dealing with home life it can many times just bleed into the next dramatic experience. I'm not really looking or nasking any of you here for answers or "help" other than sharing of an experience. I'm taking action and absolutely do not view this relationship as salvageable.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Gotcha! Well I'm glad to hear it and also glad you are posting your experience.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

hey Amusic. How are you doing?
Old 08-29-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hoping you are doing ok and sending you lots of support!