Honesty or Manipulation?? Help

Old 03-03-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Captain Obvious statements designed to say what he thought you wanted to hear.

Age old saying still holds true-Actions speak louder than words.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree with this. I hear some resentment in his responses and I hear him not taking responsibility. As always, his responses are all about HIM and his issues, not about you or your children and how this affects you and them.

Huge, huge hugs.

Originally Posted by Gettingcloser View Post
It is a little unnerving to read your AH responses. It sounds to me that he is still not taking full responsibility for his actions and trying to make you out as the one to blame.
It is great that your are going to Alanon meetings. They will definitely help you gain perspective in this matter and give you the tools to deal with him without loosing yourself.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SorNS View Post
Thank you everyone. He has been extra manipulative today. He doesn’t like that I am standing my ground and not backing down on my boundaries and not accepting his blame, guilt or threats.
your posts has me wondering if hes telling his sponorS anything about this.
2 sponsors has me thinkin he aint too honest with them. typically people get 2 sponsors so they dont have to be rigorously honest- say this to one and that to the other and /or hear what they want to hear and not what they need.
hopefully he "gets it-" hopefully he hears the distinct sound of his head poppin outta his arse,then cleans the crap out of his ears and starts listening. that can help an alkie start lookin at themselves.

until then stand your ground because it reads like he hasnt done crap for stepwork yet.