Court date is Monday - good vibes, please! :)

Old 12-14-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you!!

I watched some of the Geminid meteor showers last night. Walking in the forest was really good for me yesterday.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Mango...I am rooting for you!!!!!!!!
Dandylion roots are healing and full of great nutrients.

So are the rest of the posts here. Mahalo nui loa.

Pronounced mah-hah-loh noo-ee loh-wah, which means "thank you so very much".

----

From "The Magic of Tidying Up":
Every object has a different role to play. Not all clothes have come to you to be worn threadbare. It is the same with people. Not every person you meet in life will become a close friend or lover. Some you will find hard to get along with or impossible to like. But these people, too, teach you the precious lesson of who you do like, so that you will appreciate those special people even more.
I like you each very much. I'm glad for the lessons I've learned from life that help me appreciate this much more.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Meteor showers!!! That sounds amazing!!

I hope you continue with your projects and have a wonderful, calm weekend! Sending you lots of hugs and good vibes!!!
Old 12-15-2018, 02:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was in court recently for two days for a very bitter divorce hearing with my AH. Stay strong. Stay in prayer. State the truth. I had faith that my case is not the first case of its kind that the judge was hearing. There were very emotional moments for me during my testimony. I cried but I regathered myself and went on. Listen to your attorney and how she wants you to answer during cross examination and stick to " yes" "no" or " I don't know" answers . The opposing counsel will try every way they can to get under your skin and twist things around. Stay strong. I took my al anon literature with me and read that before and during any breaks. It helped me stay calm and focused.

Hugs
Old 12-15-2018, 06:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good vibes to you Mango, good luck for Monday .
Old 12-16-2018, 12:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, Raindrops, Culture, everyone!!

I'm taking today one moment at a time. My landlord called about a couple things I asked him about on Thursday and we had discussed on Friday. I'm not dealing with this on a Sunday. My husband called and left a brief message. My spider-sense was tingling at the tone that could be anything from tired, stressed, detoxing or drinking. He'll likely be at the hearing tomorrow. I love him. I have new skills to deal with this disease. I'm allowing my recovery skills to kick in and have this -- keeping focused on my immediate needs of emotional stability, good friends, healthy environments and good nutrition.

I am stressed, recognizing it early on and have tools to deal with this. For me, this first means prayer, meditation and keeping a sense of humor. How do I teach all my children (3 adults and DS11) about dysfunctional families, alcoholism and recovery? By following my Higher Power.

I have three goals today:

1. To enjoy it fully..
2. Print out a few papers my attorney asked me to bring tomorrow.
3. Enjoy my attorney's sense of humor that he brought to our conversation on Friday.

I trust in the healing process and my Higher Power's guidance.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thinking of you tomorrow. 💕
Old 12-17-2018, 01:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you!
Old 12-17-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Life is good

I've been doing yoga at home this morning. Listening to quiet music. Slow deep holds and rhythmic breathing. Finding my center, balance and really good openings of mind-body-spirit.

This is another day to embrace fully. I'm planning on having a steaming hot Tulsi Chai Masala tea with honey & cream, wrapping a few Christmas presents while listening to holiday music (shipping them soon!), employ shopping therapy again and expecting good surprises.

My attorney is meeting me before court this afternoon.

Namaste.

Mango

Old 12-17-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mango.....I will be thinking about you, this afternoon! Hoping that you have a satisfactory hearing, in the court...…
Let us know how it went, when you can.....
Old 12-17-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thinking of you today Mango!
Old 12-17-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
This is another day to embrace fully. I'm planning on having a steaming hot Tulsi Chai Masala tea with honey & cream, wrapping a few Christmas presents while listening to holiday music (shipping them soon!), employ shopping therapy again and expecting good surprises.
Sounds so lovely Mango! Looking forward to hearing how you got on today!
Old 12-17-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'll check in again later, but the case has been deferred until sometime in January. The CPS agent was ill.

I'm directing my emotions in positive ways.

I'm balancing out quickly.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Life is good

Miracles of the day:

My husband agreed to CPS having temporary custody of DS11. My attorney says to look at this as a gift for my case. I understand the precedent this sets for protection of our son.

I have a new angel in my life. A victim's advocate/counselor who understands all this very well. Alcoholism, narcissistic abuse (my FOO), etc. She had words today I really needed to hear (awareness & clarity), and I have an appointment with her in 10 days.

My husband is entering rehab tomorrow.

One day at a time. More will be revealed.
I am contesting the CPS request for temporary custody.

DS11 will remain with his big brother for now.

Thank you all so very much for the good vibes and prayers!!!
Old 12-17-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Life is good

This day has had a lot of good things come about. Several hours at the courthouse, waiting for the case to come up and go through proceedings even though we knew it was going to be postponed, sitting before the judge, etc. has definitely been a new experience. Going through all this again, hopefully soon.

How do all you who've been through this multiple times deal with this?! Huge kudos to each of you. I'm gaining a new perspective of this legal side of issues dealing with alcoholism and dysfunctional families.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Mango, what does that mean?

My husband agreed to CPS having temporary custody of DS11. My attorney says to look at this as a gift for my case.
Who does it mean he lives with?

Sorry, I don't understand. I wish you the best and I'm glad the attorney says it's positive!
Old 12-18-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Life is good

DS11 was placed into his brother's care at the end of October. This will continue as long as CPS directs this. Since I'm contesting and the CPS agent wasn't there, a new court date has been scheduled.

My husband giving up temporary custody to CPS means he's not involved in future parts of this case. Doing this shows he doesn't believe DS11 being in his care is in our son's best interest, at this point in time. This is a very good thing to legally have on record.

My attorney is surprised this case against me even happened. God works in really illogical ways in my life. I'm getting stronger emotionally and spiritually. I'm using my voice in new ways. I'm finding support in many places and am gaining clarity and confidence. All good things.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Life is good

Meditating this morning and inner child stuff is coming up again. This court case has been an opportunity to use my voice in new ways with my lawyer, friends and the victim's advocate. The feedback I'm gaining is just as needed and powerful.

#healingactions
#lifeisgood
#thankyougod
Old 12-18-2018, 03:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Stay strong in your voice and Faith Mango,
because as long as you do, Strength from
Above will guide you in all you do.

I have to often remind myself.....

Why waste a minute of worrying when
the Man upstairs, my HP, God of my
understanding and education has me