Court date is Monday - good vibes, please! :)

Old 12-18-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Mango, you have had so much strength and kept a positive attitude through everything. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I've been quite sick myself, Mango, but it sounds like things have taken a turn for the positive! I'm so glad you have a new advocate and someone to really talk with through all of this! I'm glad your husband is entering rehab and hope that he will hold onto that with both hands!!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you Sharon, OK and Seren.

I've had many angels and advocates along the way. Everyone here, included.

Last week at a noon Al-anon meeting it was a different mix of people who hadn't been together before. Alll 8 of us were at different stages of dealing with narcissistic abusive behaviours. To listen, to put the tools of Al-anon to work and look towards solutions instead of staying in the problem, and to appreciate the many ways God/HP can be seen/heard/felt in this is transformative. Narcissistic abuse recovery isn't a typical thing that's talked about in meetings, yet when I need more awareness or clarity it always comes about in one way or another!

I've had one other experience like that about 18 months ago with a group of 5 people including me.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Life is good

Yesterday evening I stopped by a couple places to say "Merry Christmas" and see some people I hadn't had contact with in a long time.

In Al-anon, what's talked about stays within the rooms and our minds. I treat SR with the same respect.

Talking with other people, especially those who haven't had addictions in their lives, I tell my story in a different way. Still authentic, yet very filtered from the parts of dysfunction/ addiction/ recovery. In this I also receive gifts of rebuilding my life.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Talking with other people, especially those who haven't had addictions in their lives, I tell my story in a different way. Still authentic, yet very filtered from the parts of dysfunction/ addiction/ recovery. In this I also receive gifts of rebuilding my life.
This gives me so much food for thought. Thank you Mango.