Working on your self anxiety...

Old 06-08-2019, 01:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
well....what about them stylish wrap around sunglasses that the, um, more mature people where? wide brim hat? help block out more sun?

and indoors, hell, throw up some christmas decorations! make it "feel" like wintertime! we really do react to visual cues....put up some fall/winter photos or posters. they make excellent focal points. maybe check out vinyl wall art - i have one decorative "tree" on one of my walls! trust me you don't need a lot of artsy skill AND you do not have to follow the instructions to the letter! i have some of the tree branches that appear to be coming down from the ceiling. every time i look at it i get two good feelings - 1) yeah i did that! and 2) what a pretty tree. just google Vinyl Wall Art Winter.......

breathe kiddo. put on the Yule Log and drink some hot cocoa!
Your post made me smile. The thoughts of putting up a Xmas tree sounds lovely. Already have the glasses, extra clothing, blinds for Windows which do help. It's been raining here today, I loved it. Thanks for the imagery, I will Google that vinyl wall art.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mindfulness has helped me a lot. Now, when i feel anxious, i tune in to what I am feeling. It goes something like ... "Here is that old feeling of dread, where I think something bad is going to happen. Here i go again, feeling shame and craving sugar" etc
its not about pushing feelings away, its about acknowledging tham and naming them.
Ruby Wax has a good, simple guide - its called something like mindfulness for the frazzled. There are some simple exercises like biting on a grape and really tuning into what it feels like, rather than shoving a whole bunch it your mouth.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I recently heard the expression"Who's voices are you hearing?" Many times it's my FOO or H. I need to be.... but accepting that I am good enough in the present. I don't need all the answers (another codie trait) It's okay to learn a little bit at a time, to take life's lessons as they come.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
I recently heard the expression"Who's voices are you hearing?" Many times it's my FOO or H. I need to be.... but accepting that I am good enough in the present. I don't need all the answers (another codie trait) It's okay to learn a little bit at a time, to take life's lessons as they come.
Needing all the answers now is a coodie trait. The in between waiting part has never been my forte.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wombaticus View Post
Mindfulness has helped me a lot. Now, when i feel anxious, i tune in to what I am feeling. It goes something like ... "Here is that old feeling of dread, where I think something bad is going to happen. Here i go again, feeling shame and craving sugar" etc
its not about pushing feelings away, its about acknowledging tham and naming them.
Ruby Wax has a good, simple guide - its called something like mindfulness for the frazzled. There are some simple exercises like biting on a grape and really tuning into what it feels like, rather than shoving a whole bunch it your mouth.
I love mindfulness, I'll get that book. Of late however even meditation hasn't helped but it's a daily thing I'll keep going at. I do a good guided meditation on mindfulness which I enjoy.