It's not about yesterday. Self-care.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

It's not about yesterday. Self-care.

I still remember my first awareness in an Al-Anon meeting that it's not what self-care I did last week or yesterday that makes the difference. It's the self-care, tools and skills I'm making use of today.

Today's self-care:

Bulletproof coffee

Praying before, during and after a conversation with a family member who's been affected by this family disease of alcoholism.

Embracing clarity as a gift.

Fresh ground peanut butter mixed up with honey from beekeeper friends.

Making plans for another open AA meeting this evening.

Enjoying and recognizing laughter. Mine and others.

Taking care of my finances.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Law of attraction. Meditation.

Gut instinct/inspiration, I looked up "how to fix a work relationship" --- which isn't a problem I have. The first step is 'admit there's a problem.' so I laughed, because there's nothing to admit to or focus on. I simply, easily don't have this problem.

Laughter. Check.

Free to enjoy today. Check.

I meditated longer and was inspired to check a few schedules. Exploring several possible open AA meetings and movie theaters I like in different communities, I was open to either a meeting or a movie. I picked a Sunday open AA speaker meeting - this will be my first time at this one. A few minutes later I realized I can watch a matinee at a small town theater I like along the way.

#trustingtheprocess
#lifeisgood
#recoverygratitude
Old 06-04-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm going to an Al-Anon meeting in the city again this evening.

I laid sod today, had fun and learned a lot. It's great to see a huge area be transformed by a handful of people in one day.

I'm taking time to meditate, eat well and be open, honest and willing about opportunities for the summer and this year ahead.

As I want to be stomp my feet and say "God, this isn't what I want to do!" about things that are coming to mind, I recall a daily reading found last summer (at a beautiful Airbnb I stayed at with DS12) about being willing to have God/Great Spirit put me anywhere on life's chessboard. Today I'm asking for strength and guidance to go or stay, in God's timing. The cabin I didn't want to stay at last winter has become home. It has many wonderful features and I've learned to deal with my landlord in new ways. The yard, wildlife, fields, trails, pond and amazing views speak to my heart.

I have an opportunity to open a coffee shop. **** I don't want to. **** Yet there's a part of me that's opening to the idea, and coincidentally I stopped in to see someone yesterday who's renovating a building -- I didn't mention anything about what's going on with me, and was ** given ** a large commercial espresso machine. Suddenly, in a few minutes time, it was being loaded into my vehicle. It needs work, yet online shows this machine has value and may be easy to get running.

I'm leaning into my recovery program and trusting the process. Next indicated action. Go to a meeting. Take this one day at a time. Baby steps. Connect with others. Be ready to take leaps of faith. Enjoy life.

One day at a time. HOW: Honest, Open and Willing.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Self-care this morning: meditation, a favorite yummy blueberry yogurt, bulletproof coffee, a walk with pup and breathing deeply. Inviting joy and smiles.

I was reminded by an Ala-friend that the most important part of what I said when talking with her was when I pause and breath deeply. How I relate in this moment: bring my attention back to center, balance, being present in the moment I'm living.

Clarity on the business opportunity: it has living quarters that aren't simply dated. It has terrible design that's greatly aged. So this opportunity has a possible business to build, living area renovations to be done, moving to a nearby town and changing everything in my life again. One day at a time. One moment at a time. This will either come together or not.

I'm more deeply aware of my capabilities and having an adventurous spirit. If this doesn't work out, the process of this is still working changes within me!

Namaste
Old 06-06-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Self-care today:

Sitting with awareness of the good in life, of the abuse and trauma I've been through, of resiliency in mind, body and spirit.

Meditating.

Trusting this healing process.

Making use of focus wheels, allowing all my feelings to flow and open heart meditations.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Moving forward.
Breathing in possibilities and joy.
Seeing beauty in simple things - like the green leaves of a strong tree against a bright blue sky.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mango, I like the thought that self care is not about yesterday. It needs to happen every day.

Today: bowed out of a dinner I was too exhausted to attend and added some fiber to my water.

Self care is not something I excel at doing.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Today's self care:

Prayer, meditation, good music, retail-therapy -- plans to enjoy favorite stores that have great locations, music, signs and people, time this afternoon to be fully present with DS12 (good self care as a mom, to deeply enjoy these moments!), driving/adventuring.