Question for those Divorced/Separated from their AH

Old 06-21-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by imaj79 View Post
Hi, I just recently filed for divorce from AH and my son and I have left our home as of last Sunday. I was just curious if anyone has experienced this.
AH is automatically assuming that I am divorcing him because of another guy. He thinks because it’s so “sudden” (it isn’t, I’ve given him plenty of chances), that it just has to be because I like someone else, not because I am miserable and literally cannot be around the drinking any longer, and also don’t want DS around it either. Last night I was out with DS, my sister and her husband; I told him that was who is was with and he said I was full of s*** so I took a selfie of us and sent it to him. His answer to that was “oh so he took the picture huh.” Anyway, just wondering if anyone had had this issue with their significant others. If so, does have anyone have any tips on how to react/respond? Thanks!
I'm going through the same thing with mine. He swears I have a boyfriend. I've been dealing with his aggressive text for 3 weeks since I left. It was suggested that I block him. I didn't really want to but yesterday while I was making my first dinner in my new place (pancakes n sausage lol) he sent me a text saying, "I dont know if you're through effin yet you skank but J (our boxer) is sitting on his head." Then the next one was... "its so easy getting your legs spread i know you aready effed him like you did me.

He really made me mad. He thinks that I left him for a man. When I focus in on the root of the problem he attacks my character and how I was with him in the bedroom and uses it as a weapon against me. It actually hurts me to know that he would take the love I had for him and showed him and assasinate me with it. Im in a lose, lose fight withb him if i stay and i had to block him because he was plunging that knife very deep inside me. I never thought that he'd use my sex against me. He'd say... I know how you are in the bedroom. There is no way your not with someone else! You're not with me, I know you're with someone!

Ugh.......
Old 06-21-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
So Tired of this

When I told my now ex-husband that I had filed for divorce he literally fell to the floor and started to cry. And he just kept saying I didn't see this coming. When I had said to him over and over for the last 10 years that I wasn't going to live like this forever. And that he needed to quit drinking. There had been an episode of sexual violence against me by him that finally prompted me to take this action. I don't know how one could not see this coming. I think it's part of the denial. I'm sure my ex views it that I did it so suddenly. But the truth of it was it was about 10 to 12 years at least in the making. And I had been considering a divorce many many times over the course of my entire marriage.