Surgery Soon. And She Has A Private Investigator?

Old 04-23-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
COD....I just thought of something! Since the private investigator is probably j ust outside, anyway, ask you wife if he can just come in the house and hang out with you for a few days....that could be a win-win for everyone. lol.
Ah ha ha ha ha ha

Best of luck with the surgery COD. Hope you are recovering well!
Old 04-23-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

bump....

I keep bumping this thread up...in hopes that COD will respond, again.....
Old 04-23-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I often look to see how you are doing too,
especially after your surgery. Hoping all
is going well out your way.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

HI!!!! Sorry, I've been so busy lately with work, getting ready to coach DS's baseball team (practice starts tomorrow), and everything else, that I haven't spent much time 'round these parts.

I do truly appreciate everyone's care, concern, and support!! You guys are awesome!!! I am feeling a bunch better, but my stamina pretty much sucks! After having limited activity for 6 weeks prior to surgery, and then 4 weeks after, I need to build up my strength again.

This weekend consisted of long dog walks, batheing the 100# thing, a bunch of errands and cooking, and going on a long bike ride. Coupled with laundry and cleaning - I was happy to come back to work this morning and REST!

So, I"m getting there! Thanks again for always being there for me! I'll try to be better about staying on top of things. Nap, anyone???

OH, update on the DS post from last week that was deleted by the mods for its content: We found out that the girl we THOUGHT the note came from was not the girl who WROTE the note to my DS. Girl #2 was involved, who was trying to get Girl #1 in trouble!!! Both girls are a grade ahead of DS, and the actual perpetrator actually has a small crush on DS. DS also said that #1 and #2 are enemies, so Girl #2 was just being hateful and used my DS to carry out the sick plan.

DS said that Girl #2 is nice, and nice to him, but he said that his opinion of her is now diminished greatly due to this incident. Girl #2 also won't be on the morning or afternoon bus to and from his daycare/before-after care place. Toooooo much drama.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

COD.....it is great news and a blessing that your physical health is on a good track, again.....
Thanks for filling us in....as we are pretty much a bunch of mother hens to each other.....
I am wondering about the pachyderm in the room ...lol...or, more like "the pachyderm in the forum".....lol.....
How are things coming along on the legal track?.....if my memory serves me well...it has been about 5wks. since the serving has been put on ice......?
Old 04-23-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
COD.....it is great news and a blessing that your physical health is on a good track, again.....
Thanks for filling us in....as we are pretty much a bunch of mother hens to each other.....
I am wondering about the pachyderm in the room ...lol...or, more like "the pachyderm in the forum".....lol.....
How are things coming along on the legal track?.....if my memory serves me well...it has been about 5wks. since the serving has been put on ice......?
I was wondering that too. Any progress on serving the divorce papers?
Old 04-25-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Recovery from surgery, feeding and sending Kid to school, walking dog, walking on eggshells around addict wife, inviting private dick in for tea, taking nap... serving papers (?)... no wonder you have no time to fart. Take care of you.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

bump.....
Old 04-26-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

In time....
Old 04-27-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good Morning,

The service of the papers is still on hold. No changes. Not sure when I'll initiate again. I'm sure I'll catch flak for that, but that's how it is at this moment.

Thanks for everyone's concern and checking in on me, it is so much appreciated.

COD
Old 04-27-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

COD, never feel pressured. This is your life, and those are huge decisions that only you can make. We are here to support you, not pressure you!
Old 04-27-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Aww COD - it takes what it takes - we all know that. You see where you want to go and that's half the battle.

I hope you are recovering well from surgery and having fun coaching!!
Old 04-27-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Flack from Moi? How long have I been in various versions of in-between?

Yeah - no stones getting thrown from this corner, lol.

It's your life COD, not a race. There is no one, single right way or path. The important thing here really is: are you doing enough on your own recovery/side of the street to help you get to a better place with all of this?
Old 04-27-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Flack from Moi? How long have I been in various versions of in-between?

Yeah - no stones getting thrown from this corner, lol.

It's your life COD, not a race. There is no one, single right way or path. The important thing here really is: are you doing enough on your own recovery/side of the street to help you get to a better place with all of this?
No, no flak from you.

The important thing here really is: are you doing enough on your own recovery/side of the street to help you get to a better place with all of this?
Ummm, no, I have not. I did see a therapist thru my EAP once, and I go back May 7th, but that's all I've done.

Naturally, I want to do it the 'right way', and the 'perfect way', so since I don't know how to do that, I've done absolutely NUTTIN'.

And I'm stressed today, speaking of coaching, Firebolt: Sunday is our first meeting/practice for the team I'm leading, and I'm freaking out that I'll mess up in front of a bunch of 7-8 year olds and look stupid. I want them to have fun, I want then engaged, and I'm doubting myself terribly today.

Uugghh, I'm my own worst enemy!!!

COD
Old 04-27-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Letting go of the need for perfection is one of my greatest struggles. Perfectionism can be so very crippling, though, so it's something that I really try to be aware of and work through.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Don't make me dig up that Man's Meditation. Again.

If you fail spectacularly & show them how to be perfectly imperfect, it's a Win in my book COD.

What is really on the line here? What do you have to lose? More than that - how high are your expectations? Are they reasonable? I agree - that perfectionism thing has got to go.

You REALLY don't want me bringing up Brene [cough] Brown [cough] and her work regarding perfectionism & people pleasing..... [cough, cough] Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7yYFHyvweE
Old 04-27-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

COD., I teach Sunday school. Every week I get that cold feet. I do best when I get to know each one and make it fun. They learn best when it seems like play even when I'm not perfect.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Sunday is our first meeting/practice for the team I'm leading, and I'm freaking out that I'll mess up in front of a bunch of 7-8 year olds and look stupid. I want them to have fun, I want then engaged, and I'm doubting myself terribly today.
Audiences don't get more forgiving that that!

When I was in kindergarden, I wanted to play peewee soccer. At the time, there were no organized groups for little kids to play - let alone for girls. So my dad and aunt rallied some kids, organized a coed team, and read "how to play soccer" on the sidelines while they "coached" us and taught us how to play....they ended up coaching us through grade school and we ALL had a blast and most of us went on to play competitive league.

So, I can tell you that if you take it seriously enough to get the job done and rally their competitive sides, but have some fun yourself, the kids will be just fine! Enjoy!!
Old 04-27-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I have fond memories of my own dad
being the little league baseball coach
for a bunch of boys for yrs. I even sat
on the bench a couple of times to keep
score during the games.

Go and have fun and be the best coach
you possibly can be so these boys will
have fond memories of their own little
league coach. YOU.

Then head out and win all the games
and be ready to take them out for
pizza and celebration, then recieve
all those little trophies they can
proudly display on their shelves
at home.

We're rootin for ya...!!!!
Old 04-27-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The way I see it...two things cover for a multitude of "mistakes".....
1. Showing up
2. Showing that you care about them