Needy men

Old 05-20-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm really glad you got a chance to listen Solo - it was better/different than I expected it to be, but well worth my time. I'm hoping to have DD(12-going-on-30) listen to it with me again later today as well.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I'm really glad you got a chance to listen Solo - it was better/different than I expected it to be, but well worth my time. I'm hoping to have DD(12-going-on-30) listen to it with me again later today as well.
I actually sent the link to my DD, who IS 30. Just a couple of weeks ago, she asked me if she should try to overcome her unhappiness with her in-again-out-again self-absorbed bf by being more "spiritual." I told her definitely not!! I think that audio will really help her understand why.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is verging off-topic and is definitely just a rant but BIL, whose house is up for sale because he can't afford it and therefore he moved into our house prematurely so that WE would pay for his electric bill and taxes, smokes in his room in our house KNOWING FULL WELL I completely disallow smoking in my home.

How disrespectful is that??? AH talked to him already, but I just went upstairs and smelled that smell again coming from his room. He hides away up there and doesn't do anything at all, all day. I must say, I worry for his mental health but any worry goes out the window when I feel so ANGRY that he flouts my ONE house rule while expecting me to pick up the pieces of his life.

Just a rant.. OK.. Over. And out...
Old 05-24-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That is extremely frustrating, Solo.

I felt very taken advantage of when my XABF would simply not follow my house rules--he even walked the dog without a leash once because 'she doesn't like it' (i.e., "I'm stoned and can't be bothered with anything oh and I think you actually owe me because I'm walking your dog").

For me, I had to stop expecting other people to be people they were not. The alternatives--being uncomfortable in my own home, being frustrated and indulging in martyrdom and victimhood--were not acceptable to me. XABF had to go, because it was not fair of me to expect him to change because *I* was uncomfortable.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by SoloMio View Post
smokes in his room in our house KNOWING FULL WELL I completely disallow smoking in my home.
But you ARE allowing it, aren't you? You're not kicking him out. You're TELLING him you don't allow it, which isn't the same thing as ACTUALLY not allowing it.

Not trying to be harsh here, but you can protect your boundary...
Old 05-24-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yah. Could be time to scream and kick.