It happened

Old 04-02-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

XAH claimed I'd "rushed to divorce"--even though the actual divorce happened YEARS after the discovery of secret drinking and draining of savings accounts w/o my knowledge or consent. According to him, if I'd "ever shown one minute of compassion", he would have been able to quit drinking and everything would have been different.

Same in your case...
Old 04-02-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wait for the wind to change direction and the man who you want to divorce is standing face to face with you again making all his loud quacking.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

As per Atalose....don't worry...."that" man will show up again.
It is not "if".....it is when....
Old 04-03-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My X was livid when I kicked him out and told him I was filing. I had been telling him for months that I wanted a divorce, that it was not working. Sit down, serious talks. He was so shocked when I actually did it. Of course, at first it was I will do anything, blah blah quack quack. Then it became MY fault and has every since.

One day you won't care what he thinks about it. I promise.

You have done the hard part, not it's just a step at a time.

Hugs.

ps....HONEYPIG...that pic is AMAZING!!!!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

YEah, it's pretty easy to rally your ducks into a small, temporary row when you feel like things are falling apart.

Give it a minute....then tell him NO one time and see what happens.

Stay strong, sista - you worked hard for this and a few nicey nicey WORDS do not change years worth of crappy ACTIONS.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That relationship voice is speakimg strong again to me today. H has been wonderful now for 8 days. The lawyer wants my financial papers and I've been dragging my heels. I'm so torn between not trusting him and having hope. I don't want to ruin either future.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Try saying "no" to something he wants. That usually brings it to the surface.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

well you can HOPE that he truly IS a changed man. and if that is so, then it would not matter if you proceeded with the separation/divorce or not. as a "changed" man he would be kind to you REGARDLESS.

you could tell him you have decided NOT to proceed and then set the stop watch and see how long it takes him to "change back".

you could tell him you ARE going forward with the proceedings, and then see how long he remains "wonderful".

remember Mr. Wonderful showed up the same day as the papers. it is NOT a coincidence. he's manipulating you, softening you up, just as he has EVERY OTHER time you tried to leave.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

How has he been wonderful?

My X became Mr Wonderful too when he realized I was serious about leaving.... for about 60 days...
Old 04-06-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This!!! Yes, be your authentic self, say what you mean and mean what you say, and see what happens.

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Try saying "no" to something he wants. That usually brings it to the surface.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I don't know anything about your situation, but sending positive thoughts to u. I think the advice of tell him NO on something and see what happens. 8 days nice compared to how many days alcoholic and mean? I always try and remember how many days we had to put up with the awful. That helps keep things in perspective. Also- his lawyer may be suggesting he be on his best behavior so that you will give in during proceedings and not stick it to him real hard.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I would say, stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it but only you can determine you own level of happiness. 8 days is nothing, a week and he’s been “acting” as you wish him to act. What kind of outside help is he receiving for his drinking? How many meetings or therapy sessions has he attended in these 8 days? Other than “acting” the part you want him to, what has he done to help himself remain Mr. Wonderful?
Old 04-06-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well...why don't you go ahead and send the financial papers, anyway....
That way, when he does a 180, you won't kick yourself so hard in the butt....
Why don't you write the top reasons that got you to this point...and read them every time you start doubting yourself.....
Old 04-06-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

In other words, he's had it in him all along to be the husband you wanted him to be, but he chose not to until he believed he would lose you? He only made this grand transformation when his own comfort was threatened, and not when you were unhappy? Okay.

Anvil's right. If he really is reformed he will be willing to let you go without it altering this new attitude he has adopted. If not, well...it wouldn't be the first miraculous turnaround that turned out to be manipulation.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A work in progress

There are plenty of reasons for him to want to stay in the marriage, other than the notion that he loves you too much to let you go. Primarily financial--it is gonna hit HIM in the pocketbook if you walk. If it was just because he LOVED you so much, it wouldn't take the threat of imminent divorce proceedings for him to behave decently. You've told him over and over how his behavior made you feel, haven't you? Did that make a dent? No--it's the prospect of your actually standing up for yourself and not being willing to take it any more that has him TEMPORARILY on "good behavior."

See this for what it is--one more ploy to derail your plans.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Well...why don't you go ahead and send the financial papers, anyway....
That way, when he does a 180, you won't kick yourself so hard in the butt....
I was going to fill them out just in case. Then I asked HP to give me a sign what I should do. When I got home from work. DD had a stomach ache from being made to eat too much and DS had his hair pulled for picking at his plate. I sure got my sign.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, I'd suggest you stop asking for any more "signs"--though I'm pretty positive your HP didn't make him abuse your children for the sake of showing you what you already knew, but keep running away from.

It honestly doesn't get any clearer.

ETA: And please reconsider that protective order. He needs to be GONE--for everyone's safety.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

OMG......that IS child abuse. THIS is what Mr. Wonderful does....

please make your babies and you safe.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

No, I didnt ask for the abuse as a sign. It confirms why I'm doing this.

Protective orders are different between partners and a different one for children. I've been told children protective orders are so much harder to attain due to the diffificulty to prove.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

what a monster...