It happened

Old 03-30-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It happened

Stbxh was served last night. Of coarse I'm to blame. Of coarse he had no warning. This is a stunt. He claims this is like I'm holding a gun to his head. There was no ultimatums. I'm not happy. You've known what I needed for the last six monthes and have done nothing. His story keeps changing. I see nothing to change this decision.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay safe hh. Empathy and support to you. PJ
Old 03-30-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good for you, hearthealth. At least it is something you have to dread, any more...because it is done!
This is standard alcoholic, self centered behavior....deflecting all blame onto others....behaving like a victim, when, in reality, they are the perpetrator....

He is quacking. Of course, he is going to quack.
don't llisten to it....when he is talking, visualize him like a small duck quacking loudly.
don't fall into the trap of JADE.....You don't have to Justify...Argue...Defend...Explain...
You are responsible for your own happiness....and, you are exercising your right..... (he sure won't)....

Proceed straight ahead....
Old 03-30-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hh,
Deep breaths. You have choices, you don't have to continue to listen to him. You can tell him to go through your attorney.

So proud of you, it is a very hard and scary thing to do.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm so glad you got this done. Didn't you say there was going to be a protective order served, at the same time? Did that happen? If not, I'd get one in place.

I'm glad he's going away for a few weeks--that should give you a chance to breathe a bit.

Please keep your guard up for your own safety--abusers tend to take their victim's efforts to leave as a direct threat and a challenge to their control. It can be dangerous, and you need to stay safe. Don't hesitate to call the police if you feel threatened.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
Of coarse he had no warning.
Oh good grief!!! QUACK!!!
Old 03-30-2017, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Well done HH, I know it wasn't easy overcoming your worries about the future. You'll get used to the idea as time goes by, and I hope he will too.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's difficult and you did it!

Him blaming you - again - says a lot.....but the most loud of them all - YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!

He isnt ready to change, but you are.....i hope that once the dust settles, you feel free to mold your life into what you want it to be!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

God I do remember these events. They always act so incredulous when the outcome goes down exactly as they were told it would.

Stick to your guns. Do what you know needs to be done. Don't fall for any of his victim pleadings.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

He's quacking so hard he should have webbed feet and a bill.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

When I left my AH 2.5 weeks ago, he knew I was leaving. And he knew it would happen over the March Break. For safety reasons, I didn't mention the exact day.

Not long after I left, I received an email from him. Among other things, he mentioned doing a lot of crying (which I had not seen him do in 9 years) and that he had taken days off work to "get his head around everything".

His alcoholism had been an issue in the life of our family for years. I did everything...said everything...one hundred different ways...it made zero difference. I realized that nothing changes if nothing changes. I told him months ago that I couldn't be with him while he was drinking, and that I was putting plans in motion for the kids and I to leave.

No surprises at the end. My leaving was totally known to him far in advance. His choice to continue drinking and abusing our family was entirely his own. So what was there to get his head around? He knew the consequences of continuing his behaviour.
They were in plain sight for ages.

The truth is that denial and deflection go a long way toward keeping an alcoholic in their addiction. But the bottom line is that they are making the choice to drink. Plain and simple.

We need to continue making the best choices for our own lives and our children, if any.

Best wishes. Stay strong.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I packed our clothes and a few favorite toys. I told the children will be visiting with grandpa. We were safe and away from the action as it happened.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OK, that's good, but how do you intend to KEEP him out? To prevent him from calling you and harassing you? To prevent him from coming into the house, angry and drunk?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
Stbxh
not sure what this means?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IN2Q View Post
not sure what this means?
It stands for soon to be ex alcoholic husband.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations on a big step.

Your soon to be ex's reaction resembles reaction of my XAH. He claimed he had no warning. After I told him in plain English that he will be served.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

H has been a model husband and father. If he only did a quarter of this before I filed but he did nothing. We've been talking. I now know why JADE is so bad.
He wanted things to happen. I told him no because I don't trust him. He then said because I filed again he can't trust me.
I can't believe this will last. Or is it I don't want to believe it will last? He says he should have done more. He is doing more. He's taken some ownership. He states it won't go back to the way it was. How am I to trust him ever again? Too much, too late.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

pretty typical reaction.....he will APPEAR to be the man/father/partner you want....try to get you to back off. he will literally assault you with deeds and acts and attention. he knows HOW to behave LIKE an attentive engaged partner.

stay the course. don't let his "sudden" 180 fool you.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
he knows HOW to behave LIKE an attentive engaged partner.
Exactly. He's known all along, in fact. This is not some new "revelation" and he's NOT taking ownership of it. He's SAYING that because it sounds good and he's trying to lure you back.

Keep saying no and see how long he stays "nice."
Old 04-02-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Is he sorry for what he did to you and your family? Or is he sorry that the gravy train is ending?

If he's sorry for what he did, he'll realize that the divorce is the price he has to pay for his behavior. He will feel remorse, and respect your feelings.

If he's sorry that the gravy train is ending, he'll stop being nice to you and go back to his regular schtick.