The Classifications of F&F...

Old 08-17-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

When I started this thread the only intent was to try and classify the written experiences of those I see posting here to help people see where they are, as well as what type of company they are among.

If only everyone who ever posted here came back and posted an update every 6 months, we'd probably know even better of what comes of us F&F types. However as we know many people just disappear. Did they meet someone new? Get happy with themselves? Find a live of recovery with their A? Decide to get back with their A and just deal with it? We only know of the ones who come back and update, which is what I tried to represent here.

And of the ones who DO tell us where they ended up, it seems that the least common is the one who got better for themselves, along with their alcoholic and both are doing well.

In most cases, again, of those who post long term, it seems most folks end up happy on their own or happy with someone new.

We aren't however representing many other subsets. The people who never post once and lurk silently. The people who haven't even found this place. Think of all the F&F and alcoholics in the world. And the subset of those who actually walk into an AA or AlAnon meeting? I imagine a fraction of a percent. I would think SR Members also represent a fraction of a percent. And that there is a huge contingent out there in the world affected by alcoholism who will never once type this URL into their browser. We'll never see them. We'll never know their story.

So by that, our data here and our classifications can only be placed towards that fraction of a percent who came here AND posted, and more so, who stuck around long enough to continue to tell their story. A scientific study it is not. But it is at least something for those who come here looking for answers, or direction, or hope, can use as a barometer to see some of the potential (and most common) outcomes, for us SR F&F.